• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

It's a great result. And feeds the Klopp messiah cult. It's is just the sort of game that Klopp will win. Running around a lot, trying harder than the oppo, lots of passion on the touchline, lots of positivity, very Kevin Keegan. I wonder how well it will work against a well organised and equally committed Moyes or Pulis side.

I have to say Barcalona were in comatose mode.......and it was poor from them

I still think they should have played better than that freindly or not.

Liverpool looked shocked at Barcalona lack of commitment. Similar to Inter with us but inter at least tried in the first half.

It's a great result. And feeds the Klopp messiah cult. It's is just the sort of game that Klopp will win. Running around a lot, trying harder than the oppo, lots of passion on the touchline, lots of positivity, very Kevin Keegan. I wonder how well it will work against a well organised and equally committed Moyes or Pulis side.

Kevin Keegan sides (as a manager) played fast, free-flowing, passing based attacking football.

I don't recognise that style when he was the England manager.

Neither do I but it's hard to judge a manager on a spell in that poisoned chalice.

However, I very much remember, with very fond memories, my team taking on and destroying everyone and everything (apart from Manchester U fudging nited) and scoring goals for fun in the mid 90s with an attacking, expansive, passing game.

Yes. A fantastic side. Perhaps I am being a little unfair on him.

However Klopp reminds me of Keegan when he was the England manager, the rather desperate figure standing on the touch time begging for more effort as better organised sides rolled us over.

Last edited:
Neither do I but it's hard to judge a manager on a spell in that poisoned chalice.

However, I very much remember, with very fond memories, my team taking on and destroying everyone and everything (apart from Manchester U fudgeing nited) and scoring goals for fun in the mid 90s with an attacking, expansive, passing game.
That was some of the best football I've ever seen, from when you got promoted back to the top flight for the 93-94 season iirc until the 95-96 season

All the way from Beardsley and Cole to Shearer and Ferdinand.

Great to watch. The way football should be played imo.

Not going too well today. Currently losing 0-3 to Mainz. For some reason they (Liverpool) have Alex Manninger in goal.

...feeds the Klopp messiah cult. It's is just the sort of game that Klopp will win. Running around a lot, trying harder than the oppo, lots of passion on the touchline.
Nope, no sideline gurning this time.
My Pool supporting brother thinks Pool will be in the top 1 or higher this year, probably CL winners despite not qualifying for it. Twa.ts

He wouldn't take my £38 bet that Spurs will finish above Pool. So we settled on £19

Not going too well today. Currently losing 0-3 to Mainz. For some reason they (Liverpool) have Alex Manninger in goal.

Be fair. They are obviously not trying because they don't want to be unkind to Klopp's old team which he relegated when was manager. And they beat the Barcelona easily so they should be considered title challengers (or certainly top 6 hopefuls). Also they have Moreno at full back so take them seriously.

Klopp has added the high pressing a little more, but honestly, Pool seems the same as under Brenda (his best season)

- They rush out the blocks, bum rush, long ball to runner, play at a non sustainable pace and try to take the game away from opponent early.

The tactic to counter is not to give space, retain shape, sit a little deeper and let them waste energy for the first 20-30 minutes, then take control of game. something lower level sides will do by default.

I can't wait for the wheels to start coming off the Kloppmobil.

Top4 is a bare minimum .

We have the attack and defence(Left back is a concern) . Midfield is Above average. We should do well if we play to our potential .

We should get that consistency we lacked. Dont turn up only against big boys and lose at home to burnley .. Those situation will determine our seaosn

Has to be top 4.

Barring a disaster of a season, Klopp get's a free pass for me - he's a brilliant coach, with proven pedigree as a winner.

If we fail to get Top 4 or fail miserably - the issue firmly lies with the owners; FSG - be it their management of the club, transfer committee, their investment into the team. Apart from one season we have sleep walked into a mid table team under their tenure with four different coaches.

fudge top 4. We're going to be challenging if we press as hard as we did today. Granted that this is a pre-season and we've 0 points against us in the league right now, but fudge me if this was not exciting.

In a season with Rodgers' players, a number of which quite clearly didn't fit Klopp's style (judging by the whole sales events this summer), we reached two finals and have a real chance to win both, having European football to cope with. Now we have the first Klopp's team, no European distraction, and people are saying top four is good? Pansies, not believers!... The only thing we don't stand a chance winning this year is the Champions League. And the World Cup.

We'll challenge for the title, maybe more. Got an insane amount of firepower now, Karius and no Skrtel will help the goals against column massively. Don't really get all the complaining about Moreno, yeah an upgrade would be great but it's not as if every other team doesn't have issues either!

For awhile it looked like there was a "big four" in England with Chelsea, ManU, City and Arsenal. That script has started to change lately and then last season it was blown away with Chelsea AND ManU missing the top 4. However, those four teams won't go down easily as this season has shown.

This really is our chance (and it must be said Tottenham's chance) to get a foot in the door of those CL spots. Chelsea can claim that last season was a one-off and still sign some big players. But if they miss out a 2nd year in a row, then a trend is happening and they could find that their pull in the transfer market significantly falls.

We have that opportunity to sneak in while the other teams are in transition. I think even the most optimistic Liverpool fans underestimate what a super successful 2016-2017 would mean for this team. If we were able to compete for the title and actually win, we'd instantly be the sensation of the football world. Players would line up to play for Klopp and our status as a top EPL team would be cemented.

That's what happens with a sleeping giant. We aren't Tottenham or Leicester. We are Liverpool. We've been swimming in mud for a decade.

But if you combine a world class manager (who is extremely popular across the world) with a historical juggernaut, and then you win the league....you can instantly change the fortunes of your club.

This is the year for Jurgen and Liverpool.

No excuses this season. Title or at the very least top 4.

The c*nt [Mourinho] knows that what he can achieve with spending 100's of millions, Klopp can do with his ability to nurture and coach a team of players.

Bolaise for almost as much as Mane who is 10x the player
superoll.gif

Benteke is still a very good player just a bad fit.Getting 30mil this summer is proof of that.

Bolaise is just crap

42m for Bolasie and Williams, with a potential 17m for Bony - 60m for them three, ouch.

Stewart Downing 20m, Andy Carroll 35m, Charlie Adam 7m.

But if you combine a world class manager (who is extremely popular across the world) with a historical juggernaut, and then you win the league....you can instantly change the fortunes of your club.

Witness the birth of the "Jurgenaut".

Back