• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Hate Liverpool fans as much as i hate Arsenal fans, they really think they are something special. Take away the history and you have a team that is no better than Stoke.

zero reality, and the media doesn't help ...

They honestly believe they not only are in the running for top 4, but actually for title at the beginning of every season. Yet if you ask them about us, we aren't even in the running for CL (at beginning of season), despite us finishing above them for 6 out of last 7 seasons ...

I hate the Scum because of who they are, but Pool & the media that represents them earn that hate every fudging day ...

here is something that's occurred to me lately

firstly, Klopp has only been there five minutes, its far too early to judge him, the club was in a mess and it needs time

however, if he was managing any other club the press would be tearing strips off him for his record so far, just look at how they hounded Moyes and LvG in their first 6 months at United, in arguably harder circumstances

if the press were just being logical and reasonable that would be fine, but I don't believe that for a second, he's getting a free ride because of the liverpool bias endemic in British journalism, and that tinkles me off

Klopp is supposed to be a great coach, yet half the team are for sale in the summer. And not just the also rans, but Henderson,benteke and Skrtel. Surely a great coach could do something with these wonderful players.

Klopp is supposed to be a great coach, yet half the team are for sale in the summer. And not just the also rans, but Henderson,benteke and Skrtel. Surely a great coach could do something with these wonderful players.

Depends, I like Klopp but don't really know his philosophy from pre Pool

- His injury record (hamstrings) is concerning for a modern coach focused on fitness
- In a side that can often struggle goal wise, his exile of Benteke without any real run in the team is odd.
- The team is very Jeckle & Hyde re performances from game to game, half to half.

I agree the team needs a clear out, however nothing from Pool's buying strategy in last decade indicates they will get it right this time.

How funny would it be if he ended up being a Juande!!

thing is to Klopp's credit is he's understood he's struggling, see his comments to Pep when that announcement was made.

Juande never got it, LVG & Klopp are struggling, it will be interesting to see what next year's new boys make of actually having to turn up for every game ... (vs. thumping anyone from 5th down 5-0 with regularity).

I find it cringey the way he acts on the touch line, i think most of it is acting rather than passion.

I'm starting to think that, he's actually projecting a bit of a, dare I say it, victim mentality at times.

It's absolutely right that he gets time though as his predecessor was an absolute macaron.

Christian Benteke said:
Some team-mates have said that I was lucky with the arrival of Klopp, because I certainly would play. When your coach says he wanted to take you to [Borussia] Dortmund and a little later you sit at the same club and he ignores you it is hard to understand.

I find it bizarre, I do not understand why people say that [I am ill-suited to Klopp’s style of play]. I can play pressing and moving a lot. It is not that we play in the Barcelona style.

It is scary how many people on here had Benteke as there number one target last summer. It really was a bullet dodged.

Its not worked out at L'pool that's for sure but 49 goals in 113 Prem games overall suggest he is nothing like a bullet missed at all. And he would not be the first CF who has ended up there and had a bad time.

Its not worked out at L'pool that's for sure but 49 goals in 113 Prem games overall suggest he is nothing like a bullet missed at all. And he would not be the first CF who has ended up there and had a bad time.

I don't think that he is a bad player, just a bad fit for us.

At one client's office, I have to deal with a 40-year-old virgin who thinks himself a football expert because he supports Liverpool. He's been on board since 2005.

Had all the facts and figures ready for me last week, telling me how Liverpool were going to win their two games in hand, plus beat Spurs and go on a run that might see them finish the season unbeaten the rest of the way.

Not only would they make top four, they'd do so ahead of Spurs, who he said were running out of steam after the Europa League exit. Said we looked drained and ready to do a folding act. This isn't a wind-up merchant. He's too gormless to be one. Or to get laid. He's totally sincere. Thought Arsenal were now a cinch to win the league, Leceister might drop to third and Liverpool and West Ham would make up the top four with his darlings battling for second.

This was after they won the EL tie with Man U, but before the crushing loss to Southampton. Sometimes he likes to chirp online at a forum I occasionally visit. All quiet on the western front this week. Looking forward to referring him to the latest wonderful Jimmy Liddel game commentaries at YNFA. He'll be as happy as a penguin in a microwave.

Knowing Liverpool have lost is good as it is, but getting to watch these after each one makes it all the better. The guy is hilarious

I would still like to see him here, as I have said before I think he would work well with Kane. But its not going to happen.

Interested to hear more of your theory there. To my eye, he offers nothing which would help us at all given our system, save giving Arry a break once in a while. And even there I don't see him as being the 'interchange' kind of front player. Funnily enough (and here's one which has gone of course) I think Defoe would've been an excellent squad back-up in this system, as he was forced/learnt to go outside and play several positions across the front. He is always touted as penalty box striker, but with his ability to go wide and pick up the ball, his ability to put a decent ball in and his speed to get onto passes, I think he'd have been very useful off the bench. I know...we've seen the story before, but it's this system which I think would suit him, plus he is tireless.

Back