• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The English National Anthem

Craig_J

Eidur Gudjohnsen
First off all apologies mods if there exists a more suitable thread which I could post this in. If so feel free to merge.

Second of all I'm not at all patriotic, especially not when it comes to football with our load of ****e excuse for a national team. But shouldn't our national anthem for football, and any other sport which involves England competing separately, be Land Of Hope And Glory???? After all, Scotland have 'Flower of Scotland' Wales have 'Bread of Heaven' or what ever it is they sing and Northern Ireland... Well I'm sure they have something.

Why don't we have something to invoke our own personal sense of identity rather than the yawnsome GHod Save Our Queen? Mind you, we best not confuse the fat lad Wayne Rooney. His ABC's are still a daily challenge to him without us coming up with a new national anthem for our games.

I've maintained for a while 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life' by Eric Idle should be the national anthem. Imagine a packed Wembley, needing 3 points to get in to the World Cup. 80,000 people singing "when you're chewing on life's gristle, don't rumble, whistle"

Actually, I can't imagine a packed Wembley

First off all apologies mods if there exists a more suitable thread which I could post this in. If so feel free to merge.

Second of all I'm not at all patriotic, especially not when it comes to football with our load of ****e excuse for a national team. But shouldn't our national anthem for football, and any other sport which involves England competing separately, be Land Of Hope And Glory???? After all, Scotland have 'Flower of Scotland' Wales have 'Bread of Heaven' or what ever it is they sing and Northern Ireland... Well I'm sure they have something.

Why don't we have something to invoke our own personal sense of identity rather than the yawnsome GHod Save Our Queen? Mind you, we best not confuse the fat lad Wayne Rooney. His ABC's are still a daily challenge to him without us coming up with a new national anthem for our games.

No. We own Scotland and Wales, they should sing GHod Save the Queen. Ungrateful sods.

Jerusalem would be great and my favourite. The problem as an official anthem is the reference to Jerusalem, or more precisely the status of Old Jerusalem. It would cause all sorts of misunderstanding, especially if playing Israel or an Arab country.

There could be a case for using it in home nations games and keeping GHod Save the Queen as the official national anthem.

:rolleyes:

Ours is GHod Save The Queen as well.

Played at the cricket ?. It is an anthem .... therefore it is sung.

As highlighted elsewhere ... it is GHod Save THE Queen. Pale imitations (e.g. mercenary muppets like David "everybody out" Beckham & Wayne "incoherent mumble" Rooney - aka The Red Card gang) are not good examples.

World Cup in Japan 2002 they repeatedly played 2 verses, but the Sun couldn't even come up with standard 2nd verse words (Thy choicest gifts...). Around the same time against Lichtenstein our 'patriotic supporters' shewed their ignorance again.

THE National Anthem is THE National Anthem. It is not X factor ****athon. It is not a separatist chant like Flower of Kiltland, or Hand of thigh lathers

****ing grow up and join the country.

Played at the cricket ?. It is an anthem .... therefore it is sung.

As highlighted elsewhere ... it is GHod Save THE Queen. Pale imitations (e.g. mercenary muppets like David "everybody out" Beckham & Wayne "incoherent mumble" Rooney - aka The Red Card gang) are not good examples.

World Cup in Japan 2002 they repeatedly played 2 verses, but the Sun couldn't even come up with standard 2nd verse words (Thy choicest gifts...). Around the same time against Lichtenstein our 'patriotic supporters' shewed their ignorance again.

THE National Anthem is THE National Anthem. It is not X factor ****athon. It is not a separatist chant like Flower of Kiltland, or Hand of thigh lathers

****ing grow up and join the country.

But England doesn't have a national anthem so it is set to the UK national anthem by default. Considering we don't have a national anthem I think it's fair to say that we should do and therefore it is up for discussion!

Also, I would love it if the national team would drop the white home it in favour of the red which we won the World Cup in.

Craig, you're only making it worse!

England play in a Spurs like kit and you want to change it to RED! RED, FFS!

:)

Back