• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best film of the 80s - The Blues Brothers v The Untouchables

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
The Blues Brothers

Directed by John Landis
Produced by Robert K. Weiss
Written by Dan Aykroyd and John Landis
Starring John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, James Brown, Cab Calloway, Ray Charles, Carrie Fisher, Aretha Franklin and Henry Gibson

v

The Untouchables

Directed by Brian De Palma
Produced by Art Linson
Screenplay by David Mamet
Based on The Untouchables by Eliot Ness and Oscar Fraley
Starring Kevin Costner, Charles Martin Smith, Andy García, Robert De Niro and Sean Connery

Wow. This is a tough one! Both are among my all time favorite films! Need some more time to think about it.

Haven’t seen the Untouchables. Blues Brothers is okay, some good lines. The car chases are fun. I can see how a fan of the elderly cameo stars would really like the film.

My biggest problem with the Blues Brothers is the people who it's their fancy dress costume of choice.

Last edited:
Can't get passed Connery's appalling Irish accent, up there with dingdong Van Dyke (not the Liverpool great) in Mary Poppins.

Can't get passed Connery's appalling Irish accent, up there with dingdong Van Dyke (not the Liverpool great) in Mary Poppins.

The accent is terrible but I think that he's good in the Untouchables. Is it his last great performance?

The accent is terrible but I think that he's good in the Untouchables. Is it his last great performance?

He has a great cameo in Robin Hood PoT and I enjoyed Medicine Man, most didn’t.

Also, it’s a low brow action film but he’s great in The Rock, as is everyone in the glow of Cage to be honest.

He has a great cameo in Robin Hood PoT and I enjoyed Medicine Man, most didn’t.

Also, it’s a low brow action film but he’s great in The Rock, as is everyone in the glow of Cage to be honest.

I'd forgotten about the Rock, he's good value in that.

Connery always just plays Connery. I kinda of like him but he can't really act.

The untouchables is a half decent flick but nothing special. De Niro was a scene stealer but he wasn't up against much opposition to be fair.

The Blues Brothers is really a musical, some great tracks, funny cameos, catchy lines and scenes, but as a cohesive film it is a mess.

The Blues Brothers goes through

giphy.gif

I've never seen The Blues Brothers. The Untouchables is meh.

Voting in this one? Not for me, Clive.

Back