• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Best Album Of All Time - The Rolling Stones v Faith No More

Which is the better album?

• The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Faith No More - Angel Dust

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
ExileMainSt.jpg

Exile on Main St. is a double album by English rock band The Rolling Stones. It was released on 12 May 1972 by Rolling Stones Records. The album's music incorporates rock and roll, blues, soul, country, and gospel genres.[2]

Although it originally received mixed reviews,[2] Exile on Main St. has been ranked on various lists as one of the greatest albums of all time.[3]

The 2010 remastered version of the album was released in Europe on 17 May 2010 and in the United States on 18 May 2010, featuring a bonus disc with 10 new tracks.[4]

Exile on Main St. was written and recorded between 1968 and 1972. Mick Jagger said "After we got out of our contract with Allen Klein, we didn't want to give him [those earlier tracks]," as they were forced to do with "Brown Sugar" and "Wild Horses" from Sticky Fingers. Many tracks were recorded between 1969 and 1971 at Olympic Studios and Jagger's Stargroves country house in England during sessions for Sticky Fingers.[5]

By the spring of 1971 the Rolling Stones had spent the money they owed in taxes and left Britain before the government could seize their assets. Mick Jagger settled in Paris with his new bride Bianca, and guitarist Keith Richards rented a villa, Nellcôte, in Villefranche-sur-Mer, near Nice. The other members settled in the south of France. As a suitable recording studio could not be found where they could continue work on the album, Richards' basement at Nellcôte became a makeshift studio using the band's mobile recording truck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile_on_Main_St.

[video=youtube;t2vvCsLAW2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2vvCsLAW2I[/video]

v

Faith_no_more_angel_dust.jpg

Angel Dust is the fourth studio album by American rock band Faith No More. It was first released through Slash Records on June 8, 1992 in Europe and the United States. It is the follow-up to 1989's highly successful The Real Thing, as well as the band's final studio album with guitarist Jim Martin and the second to feature vocalist Mike Patton. It was the first album in which Patton had any substantial influence on the band's music,[2][3] having been hired after the other band members had written and recorded everything for The Real Thing except vocals and some lyrics.[4][5]

It remains Faith No More's best-selling album outside the United States (where, as of November 2010, it has sold 678,000 copies).[6] The album and subsequent tour were very successful in Europe where it went Platinum on sales of more than one million copies and Gold in Australia with more than 35,000 sales. Worldwide sales are around 3 million copies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Dust_(Faith_No_More_album)

[video=youtube;hiyvw5AD-C8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiyvw5AD-C8[/video]

Blimey! I will be devastated if Exile falls at the first. It is an album that requires a few listens to get into it but it pays back so much once you have.

Blimey! I will be devastated if Exile falls at the first. It is an album that requires a few listens to get into it but it pays back so much once you have.

That's pretty much what I'd say about Faith No More. Though I do think The Real Thing might be the better one from them.

That's pretty much what I'd say about Faith No More. Though I do think The Real Thing might be the better one from them.

The Stones were the greatest rock and roll band on the planet when they released Exile, I do not think that you could say the same about FNM at any time. I'm not trying to be harsh on FNM here, I'm quite fond of their early albums.

I think the Stones are the most overrated band in the history of time. There just wasn't that many other rock bands around when they started out.

FNM did not really grab me until I listened to them on headphones. Billy Gould's basslines, sublime.

I think the Stones are the most overrated band in the history of time. There just wasn't that many other rock bands around when they started out.

Really? :rio: If anything I would say the opposite and that Exile was released slap bang in the middle of rock's golden period and is the best of the bunch.

Really? :rio: If anything I would say the opposite and that Exile was released slap bang in the middle of rock's golden period and is the best of the bunch.

I hate them. You will not make me see reason here. :lol:

I hate them. You will not make me see reason here. :lol:

You are missing out. Exile is wonderful, I was listening to it last weekend knowing that this was coming up. It is an album that I can never tire of.

The Stones were the greatest rock and roll band on the planet when they released Exile, I do not think that you could say the same about FNM at any time. I'm not trying to be harsh on FNM here, I'm quite fond of their early albums.

Still second to The Who for me, but I know what you're saying, they were a massive band of spectacular importance regardless of opinions.

Still second to The Who for me, but I know what you're saying, they were a massive band of spectacular importance regardless of opinions.

I'm a massive Who fan, I think that their best album is Who's Next which is two years prior to this. I think that the difference between the bands is that the Who never managed to put a run of albums together like the Stones did between 68 - 73.

Daltry lives near me and I saw him in the street last year. There were a group of us outside a pub (all music people - DJs, musicians, promoters and venue owners) and he walked past. One by one our jaws dropped.

should have asked him if he ever got around to releasing that book he was researching material for a few years a go.

Back