• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Striker Albert Ebossé dies after being hit by object thrown from stands

Was always going to happen eventually... ..

Maybe someone blinded by a coin or something else first.....

Very sad and I hope football can stop this sort of thing and that the culprit is charge with murder.

A rock apparently.
I know it's beside the point, but how the hell do you get a rock into a football match? I can't even get a bottle top in and if they didn't want my money so bad I probably wouldn't be able to get coins in either.

Crumbling stadium infrastructure/terrace?

Something between golf & tennis ball would hurt if hurled fast enough and catching you in the wrong place.

To get a coin in bring a Christmas Pud.

I know it's beside the point, but how the hell do you get a rock into a football match? I can't even get a bottle top in and if they didn't want my money so bad I probably wouldn't be able to get coins in either.

99 % of football around the globe doesn't have the stadia and security measures you find in England and most of the top divisions in the wealthier parts of the world.

At my local top club, Rosenborg, I'd be standing on mud terraces until a couple of decades ago and we're apparently one of the richest countries in the world. Another elite club in Norway, Aalesunds, used a mountain side as one of their stands until a sugar daddy built them a new one about 10 years ago.

In Turkey there's apparently people outside the stadium selling used cell phones and other stuff they'll let you take inside.

There are people that think anything goes at a football match, whether it's just hurling abuse or actual physical harm, and it's probably worse in some parts of the world than others. Some aren't even interested in the football, it's about being associated with a winning side or just the release.

I guess what I'm saying is that there will always be objects available to throw, it's the mentality of those that do that's the problem.

Back