• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Puskas Award 2014

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Top ten

Tim Cahill – 18 June 2014, Australia v. Netherlands, 2014 FIFA World Cup™
Diego Costa – 23 November 2013, Atlético Madrid v. Getafe, Primera División (Spain)
Marco Fabian – 15 February 2014, Cruz Azul v. Puebla, 1a División 2014 Clausura (Mexico)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic – 19 October 2013, Paris St. Germain v. SC Bastia, Ligue 1 (France)
Pajtim Kasami – 21 October 2013, Crystal Palace v. Fulham, Premier League (England)
Stephanie Roche -20 October 2013, Peamount United v. Wexford Youths, BEWNL (Rep.Ireland)
James Rodriguez – 28 June 2014 – Colombia v. Uruguay, 2014 FIFA World Cup™
Camilo Sanvezzo – 6 October 2013 – Vancouver Whitecaps v. Portland Timbers, MLS (USA/Canada)
Hisato Sato – 8 March 2014 – Sanfrecce Hiroshima v. Kawasaki Frontale, J.League (Japan)
Robin van Persie – 13 June 2014 – Spain v. Netherlands, 2014 FIFA World Cup

The goals

Kasami for me.

I'm guessing Rodriguez will win because he's the new kid on the block.

Is that one in there as a joke?

Hardly. It's a very good goal but not the best of the bunch IMO. I'd just like to see her win over all the other pampered primadonnas (disclaimer: I don't know the half of those players so I'm generalising) just to stick it to the man. Root for the underdog. Defy convention and all that bollox. Actually I don't give a ****e who wins.

Is that one in there as a joke?

It's not the worst goal on the list, but if they're going to accept nominations from those sort of levels, there'd be hundreds of equally spectacular goals scored every weekend right around the world.

Hardly. It's a very good goal but not the best of the bunch IMO. I'd just like to see her win over all the other pampered primadonnas (disclaimer: I don't know the half of those players so I'm generalising) just to stick it to the man. Root for the underdog. Defy convention and all that bollox. Actually I don't give a ****e who wins.

It's not the worst goal on the list, but if they're going to accept nominations from those sort of levels, there'd be hundreds of equally spectacular goals scored every weekend right around the world.
That's my issue with it - the level is so low.

She just controlled the ball twice more in that one goal than everyone else on the pitch probably did in the whole match.

Didn't some Irish lad win this within the last few years with a goal off his heel? I doubt level matters.

all technically proficient, but, not tactically sound, it's a team game, why are they all one off shots, where is the flowing interplay goal

I love zlatan, and it's an incredible finish, but he still only got to a loose ball first, kasami's was an incredible hit, but normally shooting from that position is just giving possession back to the opposition, you shouldn't be doing it

curmudgeon curmudgeon

At least Zlatan's is intuitive. He created something out of nothing - how can you defend against that? I'm sure the defender thought he had his positioning spot on.

I tend to not like those goals where 99 other times the ball would have gone straight to row Z (I'm looking at you Timmy). That's why Hoddle's was so good - it was beautiful and it was exactly what he wanted to do with it.

yeah, you can take nothing away from the finish in any of them, but it's still just a cherry, I'm hungry for cake

Back