• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Premier League Player of the Year

Robbo

Les Ferdinand
Harry Kane headlines Premier League Player of the Year nominees

Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane was among six players nominated today for England's Professional Footballers' Association Premier League Player of the Year award.

Kane, whose fine form has yielded 19 league goals already this season, was the only England player on a shortlist including Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea (Spain), Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho (Brazil), Arsenal midfielder Alexis Sanchez (Chile) and the Chelsea pair of Diego Costa (Spain) and Eden Hazard (Belgium).

Coutinho, de Gea, Hazard and Kane are also on the shortlist for the Young Player of the Year award, where they are joined by Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois and Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling.

Hazard is the only nominee from last season to make the shortlist for the senior award, which was won by Luis Suarez when the now Barcelona striker was starring for Liverpool, while the Chelsea forward won the youth award.

The nominees were voted for by players from 100 clubs involving the Premier League, the three divisions of the Football League and the Women's Super League.

Sorry about the font, don't know what happened there...anyways, no surprise he's in the mix, but can he win it? Probably has an advantage that his great form coincided with the time of the nominations.

Dont think there's been any really stand out players for the whole season, maybe only de gea but he's a Gk so doesn't get as much recognition. Tough one, there's a lot of similar level players there.

Not sure why Coutinho is there, should have been Fabregas, even if his purple patch is over. De Gea makes some nice saves, but his overall performances are overrated.

Not sure why Coutinho is there, should have been Fabregas, even if his purple patch is over. De Gea makes some nice saves, but his overall performances are overrated.

i dont think fabregas should win it, but yh i agree that he should be nominated ahead of coutinho. and i agree with everything else youve said here.

i dont think de gea should win it, well... basically because hes a goalkeeper. i dont know why theres all this hype surrounding coutinho lately. hes no better than eriksen. and the likes of ozil and cazorla have been better than countinho throughout this season. and even his own teammate sterling has been significantly better than him too.

theres not been a standout candidate like a bale, henry or ronaldo in the past, but i think hazard deserves it. hes been just that bit better and more consistent than alexis or costa. i hope aguero wins this award one day though. i think hes the best player in the league, although not deserving of this award this season.

PFA team of the year:

De Gea
Ivanovic Cahill Terry Bertrand,
Matic
Coutinho Sanchez Hazard
Kane Costa​

CDg1Ux3WMAAkVSP.jpg:large

Well done Kane, regardless of whether he wins the award or not, that's a great achievement for the kid in his first (half) full season in the PL.

Anyone know when the winners will be announced?

Looks about right to me.

aguero should be in there imo. hes been better than both kane and costa. i know he hasnt played all the time, but neither have costa or kane. and coutinho should be nowhere near that team. he did nothing of note for the first half of the season, and even his output in the second half isnt anything to shout about. at least fabregas was superb until the winter. even without fabregas, im sure there are many players who have played better than coutinho. ie. cazorla

aguero should be in there imo. hes been better than both kane and costa. i know he hasnt played all the time, but neither have costa or kane. and coutinho should be nowhere near that team. he did nothing of note for the first half of the season, and even his output in the second half isnt anything to shout about. at least fabregas was superb until the winter. even without fabregas, im sure there are many players who have played better than coutinho. ie. cazorla
Coutinho has looked very good every time I saw him play. I think you are doing him a bit of a disservice with those comments. I guess the line-up is often swayed by when voting occurs but to be honest if I had picked a team it would pretty close to that. Maybe Aguero for Costa but that's about it I think.

Coutinho has looked very good every time I saw him play. I think you are doing him a bit of a disservice with those comments. I guess the line-up is often swayed by when voting occurs but to be honest if I had picked a team it would pretty close to that. Maybe Aguero for Costa but that's about it I think.

yeah actually i do agree. i was a bit harsh on coutinho, but he still wouldnt be close to my team of the year. i think theres a case for costa, aguero and kane to all be in it. unless there is there a maximum number of strikers limit. theyre all far more deserving than countinho

Fabregas for me is the surprise omission from the team. He turned Chelsea into title winners. If they went into the season without Fabregas, they'd still have had the chance to win the title but it wouldnt have been as easy.

Back