• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Parking Issues

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
We have two cars but only a space to park one of them with no visitors spaces at all on the developement where we live

I along with others park my car down a road which isn't named (its the road on the map below with all the cars parked on it leading to the industrial estate)

upload_2017-8-23_20-47-42.png

Today there is a note on our cars saying we should no longer park there and that they had taken our registration down with photos

Can whoever it is do anything if we carry on parking there and how do I find out whether it is actually a private road or not as its not named or anything

I'd ask Council although you may need some luck getting a straight answer from them as to whether the road is public or private. Call your local Councillor if you want it escalated quickly.

Would be surprised if its private based on that plan you've shown. Although they probably think they need it kept clear for the turning circles of large vehicles associated with an industrial park.

As you say they can write whatever they like and take as many photos of your car as they want. You're allowed to park unless it states otherwise.

As you say they can write whatever they like and take as many photos of your car as they want. You're allowed to park unless it states otherwise.

There is a sign up (not a council one) saying you can't park there as access is needed for emergency vehicles

You could always do a land registry title search on the road. Will cost about £6.

The term used will be "maintained at the public expense".

What council is it in?

My job is as a town planner for a major housebuilder; let me know if you have any queries.

Last edited:
If there are no signs then you're probably in the clear.

If there are signs saying no Parking and fine for doing so, you enter into a contract. Then if they can be arsed they can take you to court for payment.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

You could always do a land registry title search on the road. Will cost about £6.

The term used will be "maintained at the public expense".

What council is it in?

My job is as a town planner for a major housebuilder; let me know if you have any queries.
The road has no name though

It has a sign that just says no parking nothing about fines etc

So they can't charge you to park there.

I've looked into private parking firms as I often park on a patch of land at my work, and the private parking firm (who have jurisdiction over the land next door) slap a ticket on my car anyway the clams. The landowner has to give the private parking firm the ok for them to take you to court, and the law says you entered into a contract because of the signs displayed.

Longer term, I would suggest you speak with the landowners, as they are not one of these private parking firms (who are basically a protection racket). All in all when it comes to parking cars etc. ultimately better not to fight, keep your nose clean it just saves so much hassle!

It is very healthy to park 5 minutes away and walk, get your heart rate up. Do not stress about it, enjoy the walk.

Back