• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Spurs vs – Ferencváros (A) – Thu 3 Oct 5.45pm UK ***

metalgear

Luka Modric
Nice place to go. Budapest is such a pretty city.
Good beer, good food/shopping and reasonable prices.

Anyone there in the day, around the river is cool (or up the hill on the other side for a great view).

Stadium is next to the main train station so a bit bricky (semi homeless hanging around) but only like 15 minutes from the city on public transport,
Would recommend staying central for beers then heading over.

Been there about 10-15 times if anyone needs a tour guide :)

Oh yeah, Ferencvaros are utter brick. So whilst it's a big thing for them to play a Premier League team, they are probably league one or low championship quality. Pitch is usually good quality which should help us too.

You said 5.45 local time but that is UK time, it is 6.45 Hungarian time I think

Important because loads of people are gonna be at work and miss this

They are top of their league with a 100% record after 6 games. So two tough games on the bounce now that will really test our energy and rotation.

Id start the following:

Vicario
Porro Romero Davies Udogie
Bissouma Sarr Bergvall
Johnson Solanke Werner​

Take Porro, Johnson and Solanke off as soon as it looks possible

GHod knows what the score will be, but i'd love another clean sheet

They are top of their league with a 100% record after 6 games. So two tough games on the bounce now that will really test our energy and rotation.

Id start the following:

Vicario
Porro Romero Davies Udogie
Bissouma Sarr Bergvall
Johnson Solanke Werner​

Take Porro, Johnson and Solanke off as soon as it looks possible

GHod knows what the score will be, but i'd love another clean sheet
I doubt Udogie will be fit or risked for this one. No Spence means either Davies or VDV there

----------Gunter
Gray Romero Davies Udogie
Sarr Bissouma Bergvall
Werner Lankshear Moore

I'd make a few changes/rest some that have played a lot, but still think this will be plenty strong enough.

I don't think Ange will want to risk Udogie or VDV in this, so my guess is Porro - Gray - Romero - Davies in defence.
Why is Udogie seen as a bigger concern of losing? I'd be more concerned about Porro getting injured and having to play Gray RB than Udogie getting injured and playing Spence LB. That seems to be the bigger drop off for me, I don't see a big difference in quality if Spence has to fill in at LB at the moment....

Why is Udogie seen as a bigger concern of losing? I'd be more concerned about Porro getting injured and having to play Gray RB than Udogie getting injured and playing Spence LB. That seems to be the bigger drop off for me, I don't see a big difference in quality if Spence has to fill in at LB at the moment....

Spence plays RB if Porro gets injured. No natural replacement for Udogie or VDV if either of them gets injured...that was the problem with us not getting a left-sided CB who can also play LB because now you're relying on Davies filling in for either of those positions and that's a massive drop-off, given how we play

Spence plays RB if Porro gets injured. No natural replace for Udogie or VDV if either of them gets injured...that was the problem with us not getting a left-sided CB who can also play LB because now you're relying on Davies filling in for either of those positions and that's a massive drop-off given how we play
No Spence doesn't. As of pre season Spence was LB, and as was seen against Coventry it was Gray who was picked at RB not Spence, and Spence came on at half time as LB.....

It's more the fact that Udogie hasn't had a proper pre season and was taken of with an injury at the weekend. And Spence can cover Porro aswell in the premier league.

It's more the fact that Udogie hasn't had a proper pre season and was taken of with an injury at the weekend. And Spence can cover Porro aswell in the premier league.
Yes I can get that way of thinking, but then the point still stands - surely better Udogie playing Europa League (if fit) because we have noone who can be rotated in who is partiularly good at that role, where as in the league we have Spence as an option so would rather rest Udogie for that. Of course if as you suggest he is not fit then no choice but to play Davies or whoever. Honestly, would really love to hear the rationale for picking Foster over Spence for the squad :D....

Back