• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Non-League Day

i would, but in some sense non league clubs charge even more extortionate prices (than pl clubs), so no.

20-odd pounds for a non-league game, youre having a laugh

I went to see IFK Gothenburg last week, it was 200Kr which is about £15, thats the top level of Swedish football.

People complain about the prices in the PL but its the rest of the divisions here that are overpriced imo.

I hope anyone who is getting involved enjoys themselves though, thats the whole point of football.

i would, but in some sense non league clubs charge even more extortionate prices (than pl clubs), so no.

20-odd pounds for a non-league game, youre having a laugh

I don't know who your local non-league team are but mine is a tenner to get in and I think that is pretty good value

I might, been meaning to go along to my home town team, Belper, again for a while, and they're at home against Daventry. Will depend entirely on my can be arsedness on the day.

I do agree with Gale though, I believe it's 9 quid at the moment to get in and they play in the Evo-Stik League Northern Premier First Division South, I've no idea how many rungs down from Spurs that is (how can you have a Premier First division?), but I don't think it'll be worth 9 quid however many it is.

I don't see many non-league clubs turning a profit or owners getting rich. If anyone is to blame for the prices down there, it is the Premier League clubs for hoovering up all of the cash and trying to block money being taken out of their TV income to fund grass roots football.

how do PL clubs "Hoover up all of the cash" from non league?

surely if the product is worth paying for people will buy it

I'm sure they don't make any money, but just speaking about Belper the year before last they got promoted (the premier premier division, presumably) and put up the gate price to 9 quid to cover the extra cost, fair enough I guess (although I still think expensive for the level), immediate relegation follows and gate prices... stay the same. I know they have a low gate (couple hundred) and have to make ends meet off of it, but it must be off putting to people on the fence. I used to go while I was at school, when it was in black and white, and would never have considered it paying today's prices. The quality is totally brick too, compared to what I'll see at the Lane, it's more than a 4/5s worse however I like to rose tint it because of youthful memories. It's just not value I'm afraid.

I may go on Saturday because it's the day, but a fortnight later, nah.

I don't see many non-league clubs turning a profit or owners getting rich. If anyone is to blame for the prices down there, it is the Premier League clubs for hoovering up all of the cash and trying to block money being taken out of their TV income to fund grass roots football.

pl clubs aren't hoovering anything up imo. theres not much money in the lower leagues, and the pl clubs are certainly not taking away whatever money the lower leagues are making. if anything, the opposite is true

used to be afc wimbledon (before they turned pro)

They are a league club now. Does that make Sutton United your nearest non-league club? Maybe not for everyone's tastes and a little further away but Dulwich Hamlet get good gates and are meant to have a brilliant atmosphere.

pl clubs aren't hoovering anything up imo. theres not much money in the lower leagues, and the pl clubs are certainly not taking away whatever money the lower leagues are making. if anything, the opposite is true

The Premier League was set up with the intention of the top clubs keeping more of the money that comes into football and it has been very successful at that.

We talked about it a bit during the summer but this Saturday is Non-League Day.

http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/

Is anyone planning on watching a local game this weekend?
Hmmmm. It seems my nearest non-league team are Bognor Town (we don't really do football around here). I'm fudged if I'm going to Bognor for the day though - it makes Mos Eisley look like Kensington.

Might have to go and catch a game at Havant & Waterlooville instead - might be a chance to take my kid to his first match.

They are a league club now. Does that make Sutton United your nearest non-league club? Maybe not for everyone's tastes and a little further away but Dulwich Hamlet get good gates and are meant to have a brilliant atmosphere.
Sutton United are my local non league team (well technically Kingstonian is now my nearest but Sutton were my nearest growing up and I'm not about to do a Tim Lovejoy and swap teams).
I go to 5 or 6 Sutton games a season, it's only £12, and we go to the pub across the road at half time then come back in for the second half.
One downside - running track, well it used to be now it's just a no mans land between pitch and fans.
Actually two downsides - Tim Vine is a "celebrity" fan.
Decent club nevertheless

Back