• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lewis Holtby - did very well against Dortmund.

I still wonder why he didn't fit Poch's plans. Definitely seemed like a team player to me and someone who had no problem doing whatever the coach asked. And he was quite skilled too.

I tried fighting his corner on here for some time, but it never works. He was a tireless worker, a player who always puts in a high energy performance, someone who can read the game and has good movement off of the ball.

I think the major criticism, on here, was that he was almost like a school footballer, running around after the ball whilst abandoning the team structure. A headless chicken of a runner that looked busier than the results that he achieved for the team.

I believe that it's all down to perception. Pochettino saw that Holtby wasn't in his plans & so moved him on. Whilst I think Holtby could have been excellent for us, with a bit of moulding & tactical reinforcement, I will back Pochettino. Pochettino has shown a good eye for a player & has achieved excellent results for us, with a good standard of football. So, if he wanted Holtby moved on, whilst I would have liked the player to stay, I'll support Pochettino's decision. Hopefully Holtby can continue to have an excellent career & can play to reach the potential that many see possible from him.

I tried fighting his corner on here for some time, but it never works. He was a tireless worker, a player who always puts in a high energy performance, someone who can read the game and has good movement off of the ball.

I think the major criticism, on here, was that he was almost like a school footballer, running around after the ball whilst abandoning the team structure. A headless chicken of a runner that looked busier than the results that he achieved for the team.

I believe that it's all down to perception. Pochettino saw that Holtby wasn't in his plans & so moved him on. Whilst I think Holtby could have been excellent for us, with a bit of moulding & tactical reinforcement, I will back Pochettino. Pochettino has shown a good eye for a player & has achieved excellent results for us, with a good standard of football. So, if he wanted Holtby moved on, whilst I would have liked the player to stay, I'll support Pochettino's decision. Hopefully Holtby can continue to have an excellent career & can play to reach the potential that many see possible from him.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Like others, I actually thought his high energy style would be exactly Poch's style .. but to mb's point, guess it's the in game discipline.

didnt have the quality poch was looking for, he'd be perfect at say watford or sunderland

Back