• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Leadership

Robbo

Les Ferdinand
We don't have it, do we? The only one close to provide it IMO is Lloris, but even he is no Schmeichel.

Whenever things don't go our way, there's no one to spur us on, no one to lead by example. We lack players with fighting spirit and leadership to lift the team when heads start dropping. Today was a perfect example of that.

Despite his shortcomings, I actually think Dawson would've been a better option for us at centre back today. He's not perfect, but at least he shows passion and leadership. It's more than can be said about Verts and Kaboul.

Midfield as well, Capoue is not the fighter we need. A fit Sandro would be much better IMO. Far from perfect, but at least he's the type to not give up or have the appearance of a broken man when times are tough.

I think getting in a player or two with these qualities should be our number one priority in January. We desperately need someone to lead by example, IMO.

[video=youtube;ADSDRsFYocY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADSDRsFYocY[/video]
[video=youtube;NHc0p5QNMNA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHc0p5QNMNA[/video]

He's not just the captain we need, he's the captain we deserve.

[video=youtube;ADSDRsFYocY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADSDRsFYocY[/video]
[video=youtube;NHc0p5QNMNA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHc0p5QNMNA[/video]

He's not just the captain we need, he's the captain we deserve.

Who chose not to pick him today?

Stambouli is the guy. Give him the armband. Give him a start.

Well, let's hope so. Leadership wise I'd take anyone over Capoue and Mason right now. Not that they're bad players, but they're not ones for carrying the team forward when we are struggling.

I felt that our big mistake in the summer of 2013 was not signing an experienced player to bring the youngsters through. We have been crying out for a Naybet or Davids signing for a while.

That said, I think that this season was always about Poch assessing the squad and working out who stays and who goes. I am confident that given time and support he will turn the club around.

Were a pathetic bunch of weak minded fannies from the top to the bottom

Nothing will ever change until we have a change of mentality and attitude

So many of our players think we have a GHod given right to win every game by just turning up, that was clear to see by that 2nd half gutless performance, im still disgusted now

Agree with Milo. Back our manager. If he's made kaboul his captain and it's wrong then let him discover it. It might be painful this year but if we truly are to back out manager, he needs a free pass this season. It's the players who are on trial.

So many of our players think we have a GHod given right to win every game by just turning up, that was clear to see by that 2nd half gutless performance, im still disgusted now

poch identified it was a mentality issue in the interview.

Was really disappointing seeing the players after Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored their second.

Kaboul clapped a bit but that was it

I thought that you were talking about our fans until I got to the third sentence.

We generally have a young team and squad. These guys are not to blame. Its up to the older guys to lead by example.
Personally I want at least one older guy in the squad that's won a premier league title.
Instead our older players are the likes of Kaboul(28), Adebayor(30), Soldado(29), Vertonghen(27), Dembele(27), Lennon(27), Fazio(27) and Assou-Ekotto(30).

I thought that you were talking about our fans until I got to the third sentence.

Too many of our fans think were better than what we are now too

Mid table mediocrity with the odd decent cup run beckons for the next few years

The days of finishing no worse than 5th are long long gone

Too many of our fans think were better than what we are now too

Mid table mediocrity with the odd decent cup run beckons for the next few years

The days of finishing no worse than 5th are long long gone

I disagree. The team this season is better than last and plenty of other clubs are having shakey results.

It would be good to rename this thread "responsibility".

I would like to hear people who are taking money out of the club by earning a salary to step up and take some.

This starts with levy who installed his DoF to be his fall guy. It includes anybody who took any role in signing players for this club since redknapp left and the senior players themselves.

Two more results like that before Christmas and the responsibility will all be aimed at MoPo.

Agree with Milo. Back our manager. If he's made kaboul his captain and it's wrong then let him discover it. It might be painful this year but if we truly are to back out manager, he needs a free pass this season. It's the players who are on trial.

We've tried everything under Levy except backing a high quality manager. If this manager doesn't work out, how many more appointments should Levy be allowed?

Back