• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hereford United

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
The club is now a total joke, an embarrassment to football and a stain now on the Southern Prem, who knowing players had not been paid by Agombar were still happy to let them in. Their hope surely must have been that Hereford would have a great attendances and away followings to raise the profile of the league.

Hereford fans are however not content to be used and laughed at in this way. The HUST (Hereford United Supporters Trust) have called for a full boycott and this has been enforced at all pre-season games. More fans have attended the Hereford United Supporters team game vs Ledbury Town (over 650) than have seen the shell club play. Other games are lined up and the game between Worcester City Supporters Trust and Hereford Supporters Team was also well attended.

Read more at: http://ontheterracesblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/09/hereford-united-a-ghost-club/

a world away from the millionaires playing in the PL, shame to read this about grass-root clubs, what does Gordon Taylor have to say about this?

This is a polite request from the writer of the blog,
Although I am grateful for the exposure and glad people are taking an interest in Hereford being run into ground I must ask you to edit the post. Putting up my post in full then having a link at the bottom is a bit like me giving you a Big Mac and Large fries then telling you there's a McDonalds round the corner.
Happy for you to use a paragraph and link but the whole thing is a bit galling.
Thanks,
Edward. Anderson

https://ontheterracesblog.wordpress.com/

Although I am grateful for the exposure and glad people are taking an interest in Hereford being run into ground I must ask you to edit the post. Putting up my post in full then having a link at the bottom is a bit like me giving you a Big Mac and Large fries then telling you there's a McDonalds round the corner.
Thanks,
Edward. Anderson

Done.

Do I still get my BigMac? 8-[

Thanks,
Edward. Anderson

Bit chippy that. Still good luck to them.

Thank you Jordinho, I'd like to think it was polite Johnola. The situation is now that a CVA was rejected on Thursday after the owner Tommy Agombar failed an FA Test and therefore could not be allowed to own shares, the club will cease to exist come the 1st Sept. The clubs last ever game will be Dorchester away, a far cry from the Football League. Still, a phoenix club is about to get off the ground and provided the council let a new club play at Edgar Street, they will kick next season off probably in the Midlands League, 5 promotions away from the Football League...

I hope that it works out for you Eddyman00. I used to go and watch Maidstone United in the late 80's/early 90's. It was gutting when they went out of business, so I know a little bit of what you are going through.

Hereford United have been suspended from all football with immediate effect, the Football Association said in a statement.

Hereford were expelled from the Conference in June over their unpaid debts and have been playing in the Southern Premier League while the local council has begun repossession proceedings for the club’s Edgar Street ground.

The club’s majority shareholder, Alan McCarthy, had been charged with acting as an officer of Hereford United without written confirmation from the FA to do so.

The FA’s statement said: “Having failed to comply with the orders of the Independent Regulatory Commission, both Hereford United and Alan McCarthy are suspended from all football and football activity with immediate effect.

“The club and Mr McCarthy, officer of Hereford United FC, were ordered to fully and correctly comply with their obligations under the owners’ and directors’ test regulations by 4pm on Thursday 4 December 2014.

“Following consideration of a document submitted by the club, the Independent Regulatory Commission gave the parties until 4pm on Monday 8 December 2014 to submit further documentation to satisfy the orders of the commission.

“Having failed to provide the requested further documentation by the deadline, both Hereford United and Mr McCarthy shall remain suspended until such time as the order of the Independent Regulatory Commission has been complied with to the satisfaction of the commission.

“The FA understands the importance of football clubs to their local communities and will continue to work with all relevant parties to ensure senior football returns to Hereford at the earliest opportunity, although this will be contingent on the club complying with the Regulations and subsequent orders of the Independent Regulatory Commission.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/10/hereford-united-suspended-fa-football

How this works out.
Sounds like another fan started club on the horizon - so much for the fit and proper persons test

feat_westfields2.jpg

The new Hereford FC playing Westfields, who has been the second team for many Hereford fans.

Back