• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Great number two's

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I am sort of friendly with a villa fan and they apparently think that their good start to the season is because of Roy Keane who is number 2 there now. I never thought he was cut out for manager as he is to fiery, but a bit like Joe Jordan maybe that will make him a great number 2.

Made me wonder who are best assistant coach has been and I think Jol was doing a great job when he was assistant. Personally I would love to see someone like Peter Taylor back as a coach at the club.

Ol big Eds Peter Taylor is one, supreme talent spotter and helpt keep him focused

Fergie has had a few as well, McLaren made big coaching and training changes at United, Quieroz convinced him Ronaldo was a better bet than Quaresma (sp?) and Knox was with him at Aberdeen before helping him defeat the United drinking culture

One morning last week, after a particularly strong iced coffee with double espresso shot, and my usual scrambled egg on sprouted wheat toast, was walking the dog when i suddenly felt the rumble, the thunder down under…I managed to make it back to the porcelain throne whence angels trumpeted and sang arias of joy as the clouds parted to allow an explosion of magnitu…

…ah…sorry…wrong answer for this thread.

Peter Shreeves when he was with Burky. Brilliant.

Eddie Baily to Sir Bill. Ledge.

Has there ever been an amazing no.2 that didn't go on to damage his reputation once becoming a Manager?

Has there ever been an amazing no.2 that didn't go on to damage his reputation once becoming a Manager?

I agree they always do. But has the ever been a great manager who did not have a great number two? I think that is what we are lacking, we need a great assistant. Seeing Keane do better at Villa where the manager can keep him in line and he does not have to take major decisions.

I am of the belief that Edgar Davids would make an excellent number two, he could be the pitball on the training pitch we need.

Back