• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

The debate has been done to death, but forgetting about where we were in the league at the time, and the fact our results had been awful for almost a whole calendar year….It was the state of Poch himself that probably meant it was the right time for him to go. He was coming out with more and more ridiculous things in his press conferences and just did not seem to have the same personna any longer. A change in direction, or more specifically a break was needed for Poch which in effect meant it was no longer tenable for him to remain. I don’t see how that could be argued tbh, it was a tough watch on the pitch in his final days but even tougher watching Poch become a shadow of himself…..

Agree but I feel Levy played a huge role in destroying Poch.

The penny wise pound foolish approach has taken its toll on many who have come and gone in these last 20 years.

There hasn’t been a truly ambitious owner for the football team at this club since Scholar took over.

Absolute travesty.

Like anything there is a huge lack of context when people talk about that, take into account the fact Poch pretty much carried the club during its 2/3 year upheaval of leaving WHL, time at wembley and the delays and uncertainty to returning back to the stadium, I find people often discount how well he did to maintain a status quo with results and performances with those changes, until the end, when yeh results suffered but with that and the CL distraction, you can kind of understand it. People like to add up two seasons for stats sake but ultimately his last season for us read 4th and a CL runners up place....

Plus as I think we both agree, the 14th place BS does not really tell a full story, we were 4 points off 5th and I think people ignore the fact we played City, Arsenal and Liverpool had a ridiculous decision to overturn a goal at Leics for 2-0 when we were slaughtering them and a 97th min Everton equaliser, but the run of results were never a bad as made out. We could argue all day about the stress and strain but he had more cash in the bank for me and especially not to be sacked for Joseball

And ultimately, as I have said before, his comments to Lineker were proven right then and remain true to today, so its hard to argue that someone that understood the culture at Spurs more than anyone was not the right man to take us forward even if it meant a year to regroup

And he did it with Sissoko and Winks in midfield. The guy deserved a medal.

Agree but I feel Levy played a huge role in destroying Poch.

The penny wise pound foolish approach has taken its toll on many who have come and gone in these last 20 years.

There hasn’t been a truly ambitious owner for the football team at this club since Scholar took over.

Absolute travesty.
Scholar chairmanship at the club ended with heavy financial losses and the club was sold to alan sugar I don't think Scholar is a good example of a good ambitious owner. We could have easily gone under.

worldwide ban from what?
if he is talking and not signing anything could he continue in his role as DoF as the job requires more than just transfers.

Juve did not act alone in this; there are many other clubs that could be investigated for similar.
This sort of thing could roll on for years with appeals and back and forth investigations.

I love when people talk ambition, I mean would you take your next salary to the bookies and push it all on a horse at risk to your mortgage and call it ambitious or would you say sticking to a plan that turns your council house into a mansion sticking to the plan for 20 years is ambitious?

I don't see what Chelsea are doing as ambition more than making sure a club develops and moves on so that both the club and community are better off for the next 50 years

Its a question of what you see as ambition I suppose

Juve did not act alone in this; there are many other clubs that could be investigated for similar.
This sort of thing could roll on for years with appeals and back and forth investigations.
Juve have used that in their appeal
It takes two to tango
There is an investigation into Napoli too
When they brought osihmen they sent 4 players to Lille IIRC and valued them at a high figure
Lille released all of them as they were brick

Juve have used that in their appeal
It takes two to tango
There is an investigation into Napoli too
When they brought osihmen they sent 4 players to Lille IIRC and valued them at a high figure
Lille released all of them as they were brick

Was going to say they are going after Napoli and the players now, shame on Napoli as we want them to take Ndombele if they win the league or get CL football, any deductions hurt that.

Back