• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Final - Portugal vs France

No doubt about who I'm supporting for the final. Would be great to see one of our lot winning a major international tournament Would also prevent me from having to witness Ronaldo lying down on the floor for two miniutes with an arrogant smirk on his face all over again.

Allez Les Bleus ! Portugal will most probably be very defensive and counter, France would be eager to try and get an early goal. Deschamps, for me and some others, has shown what a clever manager he is - he was fantastic as player and captain too.

Would love to see England come up with future managers coming from ex-players like Conte, Ancelotti. Need a sharp man who's brave enough to make the tough decisions.

CmzDBBsUsAA9Dux.jpg

Really glad it is France V Portugal in the Final. Would have hated to see Croatia(Modric), Poland(Arsenal goalies), Wales(Bale/Ramsey) or Germany in the Final instead of Portugal and France. Don't really like Portugal due to Ronaldo and Nani's past connection with ManU. But you have to give due credit to Portugal for always fighting for either the WC or Euro despite being a small nation. Portugal have reached at least the semi final or the Final in 5 of their 7 Euro tournaments now.

Don't think anyone could have predicted Portugal making it to the Final. They have to thank Iceland for finishing above them and pushing them down to 3rd place in the group. That gave Portugal the easier draw in the knockout stages. Just imagine, if Iceland had not scored the injury time winning goal against Austria, Portugal would have finished in 2nd place and faced England in the 2nd Round and then France in the Quarter Finals. But now they have a fair chance of winning the trophy in the Final.

All the pressure will be on France to win the Final since they are the hosts. Will be happy for Lloris if he manages to win the Euro. I think all the pressure will also be on Ronaldo to win his first trophy for Portugal after failing to do so in 2004. After the way Messi said he wants to retire after his failure to win the Copa America with Argentina, wonder if Ronaldo will do the same if he fails with Portugal as well.

France's football has been far better IMHO.

Not having that pearooster win would be excellent also.

It is hard to believe that we are now at the 51st and Final match of Euro2016. It seems like this Euro went too fast despite having 24 teams for the first time. Must say the quality of this Euro has not been good due to too many teams being shyte. The unbalanced format of the knockout stages didn't help either. Don't think this Euro will be remembered fondly in years to come except for France, Portugal, Wales and Iceland.

It has been really tiring staying awake to watch the matches at 9pm, 12am and 3am here in Asia. It was not helped by most of the matches being really boring and badly lacking goal mouth actions. But still, like all major tournaments, you tend to miss this once it finishes. Wish we have the Euro and World Cup on a yearly or bi-yearly basis instead of once every 4 years.

I But still, like all major tournaments, you tend to miss this once it finishes. Wish we have the Euro and World Cup on a yearly or bi-yearly basis instead of once every 4 years.

There are only 2 years between each competition - therefore you already have a Finals tournament bi-yearly.

No doubt, France will be clear favourites in the Final. They have always done well in the tournaments they have hosted recently : winning the Euro 1984 and 1998 WC. France did fail to win the 1938 WC at home but it was long long time ago. France have been in fine form recently, as shown against Iceland and Germany. France will only have themselves to blame if they don't win it in front of their own fans. Will be really happy for Lloris if he can captain France to win the Euro. After all, not many Spurs players have been captain of their country when they win a major trophy.

But Portugal will make it tough for France. Ronaldo will be desperate to win his first trophy with Portugal after failing to do so in 2004. He will do all he can to avoid becoming a failure with his country like Messi was with Argentina. Portugal are mentally strong and are bad losers. So, they will make France work hard all the way. France will have to win in normal time. If this match goes into extra time and penalties, Portugal will have the psychological advantage as they have the experience of beating Croatia and Poland in extra time. Can see this being a very tight match. Let's see if France can maintain their excellent record of winning the major tournaments in home soil.

There are only 2 years between each competition - therefore you already have a Finals tournament bi-yearly.

I mean the Euro and WC being held every 2 years on alternate year basis. For example, Euro on 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023 while World Cup on 2018. 2020, 2022, 2024 etc. Or maybe, we include the Copa America as well and have all 3 tournaments every 3 years :
2017=Copa
2018=WC
2019=Euro
2020=Copa
2021=WC
2022=Euro

That way, we will have a major football tournament every year ! It looks impossible but I am sure all the football fans will love it ! As football fans, it is always boring whenever there is no major tournament to look forward like next year in 2017. Really disappointed that Copa America Centenario was held at the same time as Euro this year. They should have held it next year.

The World Cup would lose it's special feeling if every two years.

However, if we used performance in the World Cup and Euros to determine the qualification for the next tournament we could get rid of the tedious qualifying during the season. Teams not in the competition could play-off for a chance at the next one in the period when qualified teams play their friendlies and then there could be a few play-offs during the season. The international slots during the season could be reduced to a minimum.

Meanwhile ...

13567453_1606843189608412_580033764850374291_n.jpg

The World Cup would lose it's special feeling if every two years.

However, if we used performance in the World Cup and Euros to determine the qualification for the next tournament we could get rid of the tedious qualifying during the season. Teams not in the competition could play-off for a chance at the next one in the period when qualified teams play their friendlies and then there could be a few play-offs during the season. The international slots during the season could be reduced to a minimum.

Meanwhile ...

13567453_1606843189608412_580033764850374291_n.jpg
Griezmann's grandfather is from Portugal. Wonder what his feelin will be like playing against his relatives' country.

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If France win the Final, they will equal the record of Germany and Spain as the most successful European nations with 3 Euro titles each. Current Euro titles : 3=Germany, Spain / 2=France / 1=Soviet Union, Italy, Czechoslovakia, Netherlands, Denmark, Greece

Don't really care who wins but it would be nice to see Hugo lift a trophy and Portugal haven't done nearly enough to be deserved winners.I suspect Portugal will go all heavy handed and try to disrupt the came rather than come to play.

I'd like Ronaldo to do it, I'm a big fan, he may be a taco but it's a rare thing to match his level
of ability with work ethic and determination

So, err, I'm on holidays in Spain without TV access - how do I magically make the game appear on my android tablet?

PMs will be greatly appreciated.

Back