• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Copying a large file from my PC to an Iphone

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
I have a video on my laptop hardrive (274mb) it's of somebody who has suddenly passed away and I'd like to get it on my phone so that I can send it around to family and friends

Any ideas of how to do this as I'm struggling and google isn't helping me out much

You can install a PC version of WhatsApp and send it from there.

Then it will be in the sent messages on your phone

The limit is 67mb the file is 274mb DOH !!
In that case, install the windows iCloud software and tick the option to sync cloud drive files. Then it will sync when you put it in the sync folder.

Google Drive or Dropbox apps will do similar. With either you can share a link rather than send a file (better for the recipients)

Couples of ways

Upload to Dropbox and share the link

Upload to Google Drive and then e-mail it as an attachment (max 10GB file size)

iTunes will let you add a file to an app over a USB cable, as long as the target app can handle that file type.

Nothing comes up (apps) when I do this though

Transfer files from your computer to your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad
  1. Connect your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to your computer and select your device.

2. Click Apps.

3. Below File Sharing, select an app from the list, and click Add.

4. In the window that appears, select a file to transfer, and click Open.
The file is transferred to your device, and can be opened in the app you selected in step 3

Nothing comes up (apps) when I do this though

Transfer files from your computer to your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad
  1. Connect your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to your computer and select your device.

2. Click Apps.

3. Below File Sharing, select an app from the list, and click Add.

4. In the window that appears, select a file to transfer, and click Open.
The file is transferred to your device, and can be opened in the app you selected in step 3

It's labelled file sharing in the latest version of iTunes.

also, if the video is the right format you might be able to add it to your iTunes library as a home movie and sync it to your device as a film

Could upload it to youtube, send the link to people.

If you set it to private only people with the link can watch.

Could use something like CopyTrans, some of the work guys use this.

I honestly can't believe how difficult this is to do in the iOS ecosystem, never owned owt but Droid and just use windows explorer - why can't it be the same..

Could use something like CopyTrans, some of the work guys use this.

I honestly can't believe how difficult this is to do in the iOS ecosystem, never owned owt but Droid and just use windows explorer - why can't it be the same..
Because Apple knows better than you. Apparently.

Back