• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

Perhaps a little perspective here instead of all fart and no poo ... people are carrying on from last season not just one game ... give some credit to some posters.
Johnson done well last season so i don't see what the issue is? seems people are being negative and finding spacegoats already, the guy is 23 ffs.

Johnson done well last season so i don't see what the issue is? seems people are being negative and finding spacegoats already, the guy is 23 ffs.

Perhaps people expect him to kick on and be more influential in games? Although the fee for him was quite high, not his own fault, but the expectation certainly increases.

He also seems very one dimensional and certainly lacks a cutting edge ... im sure the majority want him to succeed and can see that a few tweaks in his game play and more practice with his touch and decision making would only mean good things.

Have not read anyone throwing him under the bus ... but surely to observe and have an opinion is valid on a message board for conversation

His weaknesses were pointed out last season as well. It has nothing to do with one poor performance. Watching him, he's like Walcott. Can run really fast in a straight line, but struggles with most other things. My biggest worry is that he doesn't have the necessary mentality.

Do you not see the irony of getting annoyed at people being critical of Johnson given your criticism of Son and Kane over the years? The second they have a bad game you’re all over them despite getting 80% of our goals for the best part of 7 years. Johnson did ok last season but we need more than ok. I’ve been banging on about our forwards as a whole not being good enough for the best part of 9 months so I’m not picking on Johnson. He needs to do more. I think he tries and he does care, we need more inventiveness and skill from him.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves ... you cannot compare Johnson with Bale in any attribute ... even pace.

He looks bang average at the moment and it's up to him to find it within himself to do more and be more effective.

DEAR GG,

I WISH TO PUT ON RECORD THAT ANY COMPARISON MADE BY MYSELF WITH REGARDS TO GARETH BALE AND BRENNA JOHNSON IOS STRICTLY CONFINED TO THEIR YOUNGER CONFIDENCE WHEN PLAYING FOR US.

I AM IN NO WAY SUGGESTING THAT BRENNAN JOHNSON AND GARETH BALE SHARE THE SAME FOOTBALLING ABILITIES.

ANY FURTHER INQUIRES CAN BE ADDRESSED TO MY SOLICITOR, MR. TETCH. E. STEFF ESQ

;):tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

(just a bit of fun mate as I think my intent was missed by everyone - which actually means I did not maybe do the best job explaining it!!!!)

Do you not see the irony of getting annoyed at people being critical of Johnson given your criticism of Son and Kane over the years? The second they have a bad game you’re all over them despite getting 80% of our goals for the best part of 7 years. Johnson did ok last season but we need more than ok. I’ve been banging on about our forwards as a whole not being good enough for the best part of 9 months so I’m not picking on Johnson. He needs to do more. I think he tries and he does care, we need more inventiveness and skill from him.
Son and Kane were veterans and been in the team for years compared to Johnson and i never moaned about them after the first game of the season.

Got 5 goals and 10 assists in the league last season and if his team mates could finish he could have got a few more. I think that video shows he has been taking on his man, putting in great crosses and getting in good positions.

5 goals for a team is aggressive as us isn’t anything to write home about. Certainly a lot of room for improvement.

Well last years stats show he had the opportunities
And lots of people seem to think we was poor last year
So assuming we are better … and don’t change to negative tactics, the logic works
It’s down to him and Ange

A lot of people, including myself feel the forwards can all be upgraded on and their stats are more down to how aggressively we play rather than how good they are, which is also why we concede a lot of goals at the other end.

A lot of people, including myself feel the forwards can all be upgraded on and their stats are more down to how aggressively we play rather than how good they are, which is also why we concede a lot of goals at the other end.
Yep
So if we continue to play that way he should get chances
I think you’re trying to start another conversation/argument so I’ll leave it there …

Yep
So if we continue to play that way he should get chances
I think you’re trying to start another conversation/argument so I’ll leave it there …

Not really, I just don’t rate the team/forwards in general as highly as you do. I responded to a different poster btw and you responded to that so it’s not me looking for an argument. I think I’m general I’m just a bit more realistic about the team’s chances and the squad.

Back