• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

I think he may be on the move in the summer, we need a top class DM and with Maddison, Sarr, Bents certain to be involved [IMO] we need to clear a space in the M/F. He never really impressed me while at Brighton and allthough he has shown he has the abilty he is not consistant enough to be first choice.
I think Hojbjerg is leaving. So unless Bentancur is seen as a clear and good option for that role (too) I doubt we'll sell both Hojbjerg and Bissouma. If we do sell both we'll probably have to bring in two midfielders imo in addition to Bergvall.

Bissouma was class earlier in the season, looked better again recently before his latest injury. I agree he's been inconsistent and we should look for an alternative, but as one of two options for that role he's very good.

I think Hojbjerg is leaving. So unless Bentancur is seen as a clear and good option for that role (too) I doubt we'll sell both Hojbjerg and Bissouma. If we do sell both we'll probably have to bring in two midfielders imo in addition to Bergvall.

Bissouma was class earlier in the season, looked better again recently before his latest injury. I agree he's been inconsistent and we should look for an alternative, but as one of two options for that role he's very good.

You may be right but he will be 28 when the next season starts and you would think at that age he would be more consistant [ he was the same at Brighton]. Not sure he would be content to be in and out of the team as a option. I guess time will tell.

You may be right but he will be 28 when the next season starts and you would think at that age he would be more consistant [ he was the same at Brighton]. Not sure he would be content to be in and out of the team as a option. I guess time will tell.

We have Bissouma, Bentancur, Skipp, PEH, Maddison, Sarr, Lo Celso

Untouchable - Bentancur, Maddison, Sarr
Likely being sold - Lo Celso, PEH, Skipp (loan?)
Like you I think for the right offer, Bissouma is on the table

I think we will spend big here, so one first team incoming plus likely Bergvall gets assesed in pre-season

I don't think he is good enough for the DM role. Without the ball, his tackling isn't decisive, and he doesn't read the game, sensing danger, providing cover, and picking up runners. Fundamentally, he doesn't offer the solid cover in front of the high back line that Postecolu's system is based on. (vis Wanayama).

We have Bissouma, Bentancur, Skipp, PEH, Maddison, Sarr, Lo Celso

Untouchable - Bentancur, Maddison, Sarr
Likely being sold - Lo Celso, PEH, Skipp (loan?)
Like you I think for the right offer, Bissouma is on the table

I think we will spend big here, so one first team incoming plus likely Bergvall gets assesed in pre-season

Yep do not disagree.
For me we have to spend BIG on a DM as it is a big hole in our CM, like you i think the three you mentioned will be moved on. I do like Lo Celso but for what ever reasons [ injurys, not fancied by Ange] he will probably go.

I haven't been impressed with Bissouma all season. He'll line up next to Sarr and the difference in ambition, drive, and results is like night and day. Just looks so lax about everything.

Off you pop. He's playing at being the midfielder we need but rarely delivering. Ange tolerates no passengers.

Definitely a case of a guy who got lost in his own hype. The manager spent a month of pre season telling anyone who would listen how much he rated Biss and he came out of the blocks like a machine in those first ten games, bossing midfield and also being a strong character in a dressing room with a suspect mentality. His drop off, through first ill discipline and then illness at the ANC has been stark and when you look at the timings, directly linked to our own fall away in terms of performances.

He needs an injury free, disciplined start to next season or he will be sold in January, while from the club's perspective he needs competition, so that if he does have another dip in form he can be replaced. Currently I don't see Skipp or Hojberg as competition, they have their own issues, mainly around distribution.

I haven't been impressed with Bissouma all season. He'll line up next to Sarr and the difference in ambition, drive, and results is like night and day. Just looks so lax about everything.

Off you pop. He's playing at being the midfielder we need but rarely delivering. Ange tolerates no passengers.
He was phenomenal through the autumn. The triangle of him, Udogie and Porro was the core of everything we were doing then.

He did drop off massively after ACN though, as did Son

He was phenomenal through the autumn. The triangle of him, Udogie and Porro was the core of everything we were doing then.

He did drop off massively after ACN though, as did Son

I don't think he's reliable enough over the course of a season and have said since the New Year that IMO, we need to upgrade. If we think he can be a squad player, fine. I'd be happy to sell him and upgrade. Konrad Leimar would be an interesting option.

My problem with Bissouma is the recovery phase. Being a good DM is not only what you do with the ball but recovery.
I think that too has fluctuated with his form. At least some games I saw of him at Brighton he was really good in the recovery phase. Earlier in the season for us, when he was really good, he was equally impressive in the recovery phase imo.

But then when off form (as it seems to me) he's not just worse on the ball, but defensively too. Last season he didn't play much or all that well, but when he did that industrious ball winner from Brighton just wasn't there.

Seems he lost that desire to chase back and make the vital challenges. The hard yards with no glamour.
Needs to realise that chasing back and winning the ball back is MASSIVELY important too.

Back