• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What 10 wishes do you have till the end of the season?

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
Lets try and have a positive thread for a change. No negativity, no wishes for Sherwood to go/ be sacked/run over by a bus etc. And no silly wishes like win all our remaining games, don't concede any goals and score hatfuls. Lets try and keep it real and realistic.

Here are mine, in order of importance:

1. No more injuries and swift returns to fitness for those currently injured.

2. Play a settled side and consistent formation, allowing us to find a rhythm.

3. My side

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Verts. Rose

Sandro. Bentlab/Dembele

Eriksen Chadli/ Sigi

Ade. Solly

4. Full backs to primarily stay back and essentially defend. Pick their time to come forward.

5. No high line. Back four to play deeper, like the second half against Soton and press from front to back.

6. Players to play to their full potential eg Solly to find his scoring boots, Rose to cross it to one of ours, Ade Mk1 version, Verts and Kaboul play like we know they can, Lloris to prove he is a worldie, same with Lamela when fit.

7. Lloris to distribute only to our players - small passes and throws whenever possible

8. Stupid individual mistakes eradicated and needless free kicks not given away.

9. Play no one who is not 100% fit and replace like for like ie no square pegs in round holes.Let Lennon/ Townsend/ Lamela prove their worth as impact subs before starting them.

10. Finally, SCORE from corners FFS.

1. Liverpool don't win the league.
2. Liverpool don't win the league.
3. Liverpool don't win the league.
4. Liverpool don't win the league.
5. Liverpool don't win the league.
6. Liverpool don't win the league.
7. Liverpool don't win the league.
8. Liverpool don't win the league.
9. Liverpool don't win the league.
10. Liverpool don't win the league.

1. The fans to get behind the team, the players and the manager and actually create a good vibe around the club and good atmosphere at games.

2. The team to start playing attractive, attacking football, utilising our best players in their best positions and them linking up well together.

3. Soldado to hit goalscoring form

4. Lamela to get fit and hit form

5. Arsenal to go 1-0 up in the FA Cup final before Sczezezezezezezny drops a routine catch into his own net before Wheelchair misses the decisive penalty in the shoot-out.

1. Liverpool don't win the league.
2. Liverpool don't win the league.
3. Liverpool don't win the league.
4. Liverpool don't win the league.
5. Liverpool don't win the league.
6. Liverpool don't win the league.
7. Liverpool don't win the league.
8. Liverpool don't win the league.
9. Liverpool don't win the league.
10. Liverpool don't win the league.

This.

1. We finish 4th
2. Arsenal doesn't finish at top-4 spot
3. Arsenal doesn't win the FA Cup
4. Chelsea doesn't win the league
5. We nick a draw at Anfield
6. Soldado starts scoring
7. Eriksen continues to impress
8. Lamela starts playing
9. Our players don't make any more individual errors, which will lead to goals
10. I wish and hope at least 3 of the mentioned things will happen.

Let's see in the end.

1. A win against Liverpool
2. A win against Sunderland
3. A win against West Brom
4. A win against Fulham
5. A win against Stoke
6. A win against West Ham
7. A win against Aston Villa
8. Eight losses in eight for **** in the cup/league
9. Chelski not winning the league
10. Liverpool not winning the league

That'll do.

1. A win against Liverpool
2. A win against Sunderland
3. A win against West Brom
4. A win against Fulham
5. A win against Stoke
6. A win against West Ham
7. A win against Aston Villa
8. Eight losses in eight for **** in the cup/league
9. Chelski not winning the league
10. Liverpool not winning the league

That'll do.

1-7 exactly, that will get us 4th because arsenal and Everton won't win all their's. I think that actually has to happen to have any hope actually, maybe a draw away to Liverpool would still be enough.

Can't really argue with 8-10 either to be fair!

1. We finish 4th
2. Arsenal doesn't finish at top-4 spot
3. Arsenal doesn't win the FA Cup
4. Chelsea doesn't win the league
5. We nick a draw at Anfield
6. Soldado starts scoring
7. Eriksen continues to impress
8. Lamela starts playing
9. Our players don't make any more individual errors, which will lead to goals
10. I wish and hope at least 3 of the mentioned things will happen.

Let's see in the end.

I'll take that but replace no 10 with

10. IF Arsenal finish 4th Man United win the Champions league.

In no particular order:

1. Everton to get Champions League over Arsenal. Could very well happen and to be honest Martinez deserves it for the job he's done.
2. Soldado starts scoring
3. Lamela gets some games and looks half decent
4. Eriksson keeps performing well
5. Chadli carries on how he's been the last two games
6. Danny Rose suddenly turns into Roberto Carlos
7. Arsenal DO NOT win the FA Cup and ANYONE else does
8. Neither Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal win the league
9. Capoue gets some game time
10. Van Gaal signs a deal with Levy to take over Spurs after the World Cup, which he goes on to win

1. We finish 4th (won't happen but I guess mathemtically not impossible)
2. Arsenal doesn't win the FA Cup
3. Emirates Marketing Project win the league. Not Liverpool ffs. Their fans have already become insufferable yet again.
4. Soldado starts scoring at his usual rate
5. Start planning for next season. I don't think we'll cut our losses on Soldado so that means I want Eriksen, Soldado and Lamela playing with each other as much as possible. Get them used to each other. Maybe Chadli as well, I like what I've been seeing recently
6. Some defensive organisation
7. Grabbing the flukiest bloody win vs Liverpool like we did in Redknapp's 1st season.

1. No more talking about the AVB era - no good crying over spilt milk- he's moved on and so should some fns;
2. No more speculation about a new manager - doesn't help Tim and the players focus on what they need to do
3. No more injuries please, if we are going to get results we need to play a consistent team
4. Play Eriksen every game, and build around this little fella
5. Soldado to show some form (and score some goals) to justify his transfer fee, and give Ade some competition
6. FFS defence to cut out the stupid individual errors - it's hard enough to win most weeks without shooting ourselves in the foot
7. Win all our remaining games then leave it in the lap of the footballing gods
8. Baldini is working already to overhaul this squad (with Tim), and FFS get in a first choice LB , and a ST minimum

Lets try and have a positive thread for a change. No negativity, no wishes for Sherwood to go/ be sacked/run over by a bus etc. And no silly wishes like win all our remaining games, don't concede any goals and score hatfuls. Lets try and keep it real and realistic.

Here are mine, in order of importance:

1. No more injuries and swift returns to fitness for those currently injured.

2. Play a settled side and consistent formation, allowing us to find a rhythm.

3. My side

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Verts. Rose

Sandro. Bentlab/Dembele

Eriksen Chadli/ Sigi

Ade. Solly

4. Full backs to primarily stay back and essentially defend. Pick their time to come forward.

5. No high line. Back four to play deeper, like the second half against Soton and press from front to back.

6. Players to play to their full potential eg Solly to find his scoring boots, Rose to cross it to one of ours, Ade Mk1 version, Verts and Kaboul play like we know they can, Lloris to prove he is a worldie, same with Lamela when fit.

7. Lloris to distribute only to our players - small passes and throws whenever possible

8. Stupid individual mistakes eradicated and needless free kicks not given away.

9. Play no one who is not 100% fit and replace like for like ie no square pegs in round holes.Let Lennon/ Townsend/ Lamela prove their worth as impact subs before starting them.

10. Finally, SCORE from corners FFS.

Agree with all except team I'll swap that for a win at Anfield

1. No more talking about the AVB era - no good crying over spilt milk- he's moved on and so should some fns;
2. No more speculation about a new manager - doesn't help Tim and the players focus on what they need to do

3. No more injuries please, if we are going to get results we need to play a consistent team
4. Play Eriksen every game, and build around this little fella
5. Soldado to show some form (and score some goals) to justify his transfer fee, and give Ade some competition
6. FFS defence to cut out the stupid individual errors - it's hard enough to win most weeks without shooting ourselves in the foot
7. Win all our remaining games then leave it in the lap of the footballing gods
8. Baldini is working already to overhaul this squad (with Tim), and FFS get in a first choice LB , and a ST minimum

It says wishes not miracles.:lol:

I kind of want Liverpool to win the league, great example of what patience and good coaching can do when needing to compete with the financially doped clubs. Will their fans bore on about it for ages if they do? Sure, but they deserve to! I say fair play if they manage it.

My only wish is that AVB returns after Levy realises the error of his ways ;-)

In all seriousness, my wish is to start looking like we have some sort of system in place rather than running on pure emotion or whatever the requirement of the next game is.

In all seriousness, my wish is to start looking like we have some sort of system in place rather than running on pure emotion or whatever the requirement of the next game is.

Glad to hear you are only joking!!!!

Emotion ( ie passion) is no bad thing IMO. When combined with the skill we know (most of) our players have, it should be a winning combination.

In order (realistic)

1. We get a decent result against Pool (don't get spanked)
2. Sherwood picks a team that includes Eriksen, Chadli, Soldado for rest of season
3. Those players find their feet, with Soldado ending the season scoring a few goals
4. We get Walker, Ade, Vlad, Sandro, Lamela back fit and in form for rest of season
5. Sherwood does not play Rose and Naughton together again
6. We start to address some of issues (slow starts, defensive worries, lack of team play, attack transition, individual errors)
7. We win our games that we should for rest of season
8. Everton, Scum stumble
9. We challenge for 4th, get at least 5th
10. Levy ends season with announcement of an experienced manager

I can only think of 5 at the moment.

1. **** don't win the cup
2. Soldado starts scoring
3. Chelski don't win league
3. Pool don't win league
4. Lamela gets fit and plays regularly
5. Levy gets a good manager in and agrees to let them spend the money as needed

Back