• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Well its pretty obvious to me anyway that we have been poor over the last few games and we need to turn that around. However i have heard and read elsewhere that Ange is not up to it, Ange is too stubborn, Ange needs to change his ideas etc etc. And most of that advice is from folks who have never kicked a ball in anger, never tried to manage at ANY level and probably never will.

Now having said that i can understand the disappointment of some of the criticism but i also think that some of it is way over the top. Lets hold our breath and see what his plans are over the summer [ transfers etc] and see what occurs during next season. The biggest problem for me is that our start was better then MOST of our fans thought it would go [ i even heard some saying we would struggle without Kane and were were saying we would stuggle to make the top half of the table]

Personally i have no idea what we will do next season but we have to try and hope that it turns out well and not lose our brick like some fans seem to be doing right now.

I'm sure we all remember the absolute "kaning" we gave Liverpool early in Klopp's reign at Wembley, yesterday was nowhere near as bad as that.
Let's just hold our powder and see what ange can do.
Think you need to rewatch that game. We deservedly beat them but we were nowhere near as comfortable as The Dippers were for 60 mins yesterday. Had a quick look at the stats from that game which bear that out.

Think you need to rewatch that game. We deservedly beat them but we were nowhere near as comfortable as The Dippers were for 60 mins yesterday. Had a quick look at the stats from that game which bear that out.

Really, klopp had to remove one of his CBs, big baldy geezer, can't remember his name, because he was getting humiliated.

Really, klopp had to remove one of his CBs, big baldy geezer, can't remember his name, because he was getting humiliated.
Wasn’t it Lovren? And Kane absolutely murdering Lovren was a big part of the reason we won that game.

Yesterday, from minute 10 to 60, The Dippers absolutely bummed us.

Sorry mate, that's truly pathetic. Give it a fudging chance. I've just about had it with this board...all you negative arseholes are bringing me down too much.
I’m not seeing overwhelming negativity; I am seeing (and feeling) understandable concerns.

We are in reverse at this stage; the longer Ange has had with the team the worse the results have been (we are on our worst run in 20 years), and the less the players seem to understand his system. We have been poor to watch for months, save for the occasional short spell in games.

Many are saying he needs the right players to succeed. That may be true, but I am not sure that our board will facilitate the huge clear out/influx of new players over the summer that he clearly feels we need; and I can’t imagine that he is ever going to be backed like the managers of City, Liverpool or Arsenal have been.

My worries are that he has failed to adapt in any way to the players who are actually at his disposal right now; that he seems idealistic, somewhat naive, and quite stubborn; and that he has failed to address some very obvious errors which are causing us issues in almost every game.

He has said from the off that he should be judged on his second season. However, if we do succeed in bringing in a sizeable number of new players then surely the cry will then be that they need a season to adapt to his system (why would they be any different to the players who needed time to adapt this year)? And if results don’t start well from August then I fear he won’t get very long…

For what it’s worth, I feel that he should be given all of next season as a minimum (provided, obviously, that we are not in the bottom six). But I do think he is going to have to become much cannier tactically, and he will need to accept that his system will need compromise if it is to bring any level of success.

I’m not seeing overwhelming negativity; I am seeing (and feeling) understandable concerns.

We are in reverse at this stage; the longer Ange has had with the team the worse the results have been (we are on our worst run in 20 years), and the less the players seem to understand his system. We have been poor to watch for months, save for the occasional short spell in games.

Many are saying he needs the right players to succeed. That may be true, but I am not sure that our board will facilitate the huge clear out/influx of new players over the summer that he clearly feels we need; and I can’t imagine that he is ever going to be backed like the managers of City, Liverpool or Arsenal have been.

My worries are that he has failed to adapt in any way to the players who are actually at his disposal right now; that he seems idealistic, somewhat naive, and quite stubborn; and that he has failed to address some very obvious errors which are causing us issues in almost every game.

He has said from the off that he should be judged on his second season. However, if we do succeed in bringing in a sizeable number of new players then surely the cry will then be that they need a season to adapt to his system (why would they be any different to the players who needed time to adapt this year)? And if results don’t start well from August then I fear he won’t get very long…

For what it’s worth, I feel that he should be given all of next season as a minimum (provided, obviously, that we are not in the bottom six). But I do think he is going to have to become much cannier tactically, and he will need to accept that his system will need compromise if it is to bring any level of success.
The adaptions to what you have I just don’t get
He has those players so why not maximise what he has for now
I get philosophies etc.. but if your trying to drill it into players who aren’t capable, wont be here or doing buy in you can break everything… confidence goes for those that may be ones who get it… fans get rowdy.. board gets twitchy
But then I’m not a football manager

my early fears about a less experienced coach seems to be coming true; however i'd still stick with him and judge him after 24 months. that said i think he is doing a worse job than conte and jose, who had worse players to deal with overall. i am very concerned that the players themselves don't seem to have enough faith in attacking quickly and don't look like they are enjoying themselves out there. maybe another clearout of players is necessary, we will see - fair play to levy he has backed the manager with the right profile of players so far. depth in quality is necessary for angeball so a lot of work and hard discussions to be had.

I think this is the key, key centre of the discussion.
I think you're right.
I think it is because he feels that any compromise of his beliefs now for a short-term 'bump' would lead to nothing long-term.
It feels like he is absolutely weeding out who is up for it and who isn't/can't do it perhaps through no fault of their own.
He has a philosphy and he has been clear that he will die on the hill for it, so I think now we need to see who can step up and who needs to be released/replaced, plus how much quality squad replenishing we can do.
For it to work, everyone from Munn on down to the DoF to the fans have to buy in IMO.
It feels like he is taking a Guardiola/Klopp approach i.e. this is what I do, and my plan B is to be better at plan A.
I would rather he found out now what he really has.

But again, I personally feel that the bold sentence above is the crux of everything, and that his reasons bear both close scrutiny and perhaps some patience/understanding.

Back