• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Visiting the hallowed White Hart Lane.

nayenezgani

Jimmy Neighbour
Alright chaps,

I am planning to visit the UK on holiday from Australia in May and was just wondering what the best process is to purchase tickets and organise a stadium tour for around the same time? It will be the first time that I've had a chance to get to the stadium, I have been to London before but never managed to get my act together! Well no longer.

I am looking at trying to get tickets for the Tottenham vs Hull City game on the 16th of May, hopefully it will be a chance to celebrate an awesome season, or even clinch CL football!

When will tickets go on sale to the general public and how far before the game should I look to buy in order to avoid disappointment? Also where should I be looking to sit? I'm going to be travelling with my girlfriend (she's a native of Yorkshire, let's not hold that against her) and plan to drag her along, so I guess I need to bear that in mind.

I have been a Spurs fan for a little over 10 years and am RIDICULOUSLY excited at the prospect of having both events organised together, experience the cathedral that is the lane and to pop my WHL cherry in orgasmic fashion.

Thank you kindly for any help you can provide.

COYS!

You can buy membership now for the second half of the season for £21 per person in the UK.
Not sure if this half price offer is available overseas.
Sounds steep but you'll guarantee two tickets pretty much and can choose the section of the ground you want.

Plus if your birthday is in those six months you get a card.

You can buy membership now for the second half of the season for £21 per person in the UK.
Not sure if this half price offer is available overseas.
Sounds steep but you'll guarantee two tickets pretty much and can choose the section of the ground you want.

Plus if your birthday is in those six months you get a card.

I'm thinking this might be my best bet, as it turns out I can probably get free (or quite cheap) accommodation in London while I'm there (so no need for Thomas Cooke)

If I sign up for a membership and want to get a ticket for my girlfriend, can I do that at the time of purchase? Or do I have to wait until the 'guest' on sale date? I find that part of the process confusing, we could end up in different areas of the stadium if I have to wait.. :confused:

Thanks very much to everyone who has responded with useful information, it all helps!

I'm thinking this might be my best bet, as it turns out I can probably get free (or quite cheap) accommodation in London while I'm there (so no need for Thomas Cooke)

If I sign up for a membership and want to get a ticket for my girlfriend, can I do that at the time of purchase? Or do I have to wait until the 'guest' on sale date? I find that part of the process confusing, we could end up in different areas of the stadium if I have to wait.. :confused:

Thanks very much to everyone who has responded with useful information, it all helps!

Buy two memberships. I wouldn't want to bank on the "guest members day".

You could email the club, others have had success but when I asked for them to save me 4 tickets for Fiorentina as it's my 40th birthday they said they couldn't do this as they get lots of requests like this.

This will be one of the most cherished moments of your life. Wedding day, birth of children, the WHL pilgrimage. Take the whole day and soak up the atmosphere - arrive early and just enjoy the neighbourhood as it springs to life.

So I am booked in! To say I am excited is the greatest understatement I could provide.. Thank you very much to everyone who offered advice in this thread.

I've decided to go for a Thomas Cook package and will be attending our final game of the season against Hull - it will be enlightening to see the colossus that is Thudd lumbering around the pitch! Haha.

As far as commuting on the day goes; we're going to get the train.. How much time should I allow to get there, collect tickets, have a beer etc? What landmarks around the stadium must I see?

I am so so excited, cannot wait. It would be a dream if we could get a victory and perhaps snatch a top four finish in the process, time will tell, one game at a time.

COYS!

So I am booked in! To say I am excited is the greatest understatement I could provide.. Thank you very much to everyone who offered advice in this thread.

I've decided to go for a Thomas Cook package and will be attending our final game of the season against Hull - it will be enlightening to see the colossus that is Thudd lumbering around the pitch! Haha.

As far as commuting on the day goes; we're going to get the train.. How much time should I allow to get there, collect tickets, have a beer etc? What landmarks around the stadium must I see?

I am so so excited, cannot wait. It would be a dream if we could get a victory and perhaps snatch a top four finish in the process, time will tell, one game at a time.

COYS!
Depends where you're coming from. I would stay at my girlfriend's flat in Paddington when I visited London and I budgeted about 45 minutes to an hour to get to the Lane.

And my first time was pretty recently. October 2013, after being a fan for almost 30 years. I literally cried. I'm getting misty just thinking about it as I'm writing this.

Enjoy mate!

"Depends where you're coming from. I would stay at my girlfriend's flat in Paddington"

that's really good of her mate, is it an open invite or do we need to book in advance? can she cook?

Depends where you're coming from. I would stay at my girlfriend's flat in Paddington when I visited London and I budgeted about 45 minutes to an hour to get to the Lane.

And my first time was pretty recently. October 2013, after being a fan for almost 30 years. I literally cried. I'm getting misty just thinking about it as I'm writing this.

Enjoy mate!

We're staying around Kensington? So I am not sure what the best route is from there, but I'll definitely be leaving an hour, probably a couple to spare just in case.

I'm sure I will be choking back tears too, I've warned my girlfriend that I could be very emotional.

"Depends where you're coming from. I would stay at my girlfriend's flat in Paddington"

that's really good of her mate, is it an open invite or do we need to book in advance? can she cook?
Would have been a couple of months ago. She just moved in with me in New York. Sorry.

And she does cook amazing. :)

image.jpg
We're staying around Kensington? So I am not sure what the best route is from there, but I'll definitely be leaving an hour, probably a couple to spare just in case.

I'm sure I will be choking back tears too, I've warned my girlfriend that I could be very emotional.
Take the tube to Seven Sisters and, if the weather is nice, it's a 15-20 minute stroll to the Lane. Else you can take the bus from the tube station straight to the hallowed ground. There'll be signs, so slim chance of getting lost. By the way, here's the view from the lower half of the East stand. Def recommend it. Tickets are cheaper. This one's from the Asteras game where Lammy scored his Rabona and Harry had a hat trick.

View attachment 2289
Take the tube to Seven Sisters and, if the weather is nice, it's a 15-20 minute stroll to the Lane. Else you can take the bus from the tube station straight to the hallowed ground. There'll be signs, so slim chance of getting lost. By the way, here's the view from the lower half of the East stand. Def recommend it. Tickets are cheaper. This one's from the Asteras game where Lammy scored his Rabona and Harry had a hat trick.

Cheers mate! Very informative.. I'll either be in the East or West stand upper I think, depending on what Thomas Cook allocate.

Thanks again for the info, making me even more excited!

COYS!

Where is your hotel mate ??

Overland train is pretty simple too, either Liverpool St to White Hart Lane (22 mins) or Liverpool St to Northumberland Park (14 mins) then a short walk

Where is your hotel mate ??

Overland train is pretty simple too, either Liverpool St to White Hart Lane (22 mins) or Liverpool St to Northumberland Park (14 mins) then a short walk

One of the Hiltons, can't remember which one.. Either Kensington or Tower bridge, will need to double check! Haha.

Thanks for the info marky, overland train definitely sounds like an option.

Back