• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Yeah. I tagged him at Celtic as a cut above those around him and he has done well enough at Southampton. Excellent in the air and comes out well with the ball at his feet, a bit like Vertonghen. But positionally he is not as good as our lads and he can't deal with the small tricky guys on the floor. Given the choice between him and Sanchez say I'd opt for Sanchez every time.
He is better than those they have IMO mind.
And Sanchez is 5 years younger. And was half the price. Looks even more like a bargain now.

If Liverpool don't sell Coutinho to finance buying dingdong van Dyke, I want to see an immediate Financial Fair Play Rules investigation. How the hell do Liverpool keep on affording the transfer spending they do. The value of their ticket sales I bet is not much more than ours as, despite a bigger ground, Liverpool is not exactly a high income area. Their TV income cannot be more than ours. They have just spent a bomb on their gargantuan ugly stand. What gives?

I first started supporting Spurs in the late 60s and they had plenty of critics who called us the chequebook club. Now I know how they felt then as the DVD transfer has made me angry. It's one thing that we can't compete with Arab or mafia money but Liverpool - Jesus H.

It’s overpriced, but who isn’t at the minute? They have hardly lost this season, are up there with the best going forward and have taken a step to sorting out their biggest problem. I can’t see them not finishing in the top four.

You are right about the ifs and buts and that sums up the game all round. The point i was making is that ( imo) the signing of a better CB ( then they already have) and a better keeper will/should improve them as a team. I am not saying that it will make them title winners either, but seeing as they are one point in front of us now do you not think that IF those signing make them a better team should we not consider that?

He will improve them, not by as much as a lot of people think imo, but £75m on one player isn't the answer for them.
Much like man u, Chelsea and to a lesser extent arsenal they are trying to appease fans by big money signings. Well big money doesn't make them BIG quality.
The money they have spent on vvd and keita would have bought them a very solid backline and keeper.
To many clubs are trying to compete with city and psg in the spending stakes instead of on the pitch.
I can' see Liverpool winning either PL or CL anytime soon on their current model.

Imo this signing has strengthened them and they have the deal done quick and early. They have only lost twice this season. Top 4 should be secure and VVD is available for the CL.

Fair play to the player in the sense he could have probably earned much more at City and had a guaranteed PL winners medal but he wanted to join Liverpool. He must have had a Robbie Keane playing for Liverpool poster on his bedroom wall;)

He is going on £200k a week to Pool

Poch wants new players in early. How many times does he have to say this before Levy gets the message.

Plus if we want to cross the line and actually win something then we desperately need a Sane, Salah or Mane type. Top level game changer

But they need a whole back line, keeper and a central midfielder.

And they regularly pay over the odds on fees and wages... and they don’t all work out

For every salah or mane they have a markovic

What they will do now is sell Coutinho and Sturidge and be positive again money wise

But they need a whole back line, keeper and a central midfielder.

And they regularly pay over the odds on fees and wages... and they don’t all work out

For every salah or mane they have a markovic

What they will do now is sell Coutinho and Sturidge and be positive again money wise

Agree on what they still need, but they are doing okay without at the moment. They have now started to sort out the back line, and they might bring more in before the end of the window. Maybe Coutinho will go (hopefully!) but I still don’t think that will see them finishing outside the top four; they will blow too many teams away.

Hope I’m wrong though!

Agree on what they still need, but they are doing okay without at the moment. They have now started to sort out the back line, and they might bring more in before the end of the window. Maybe Coutinho will go (hopefully!) but I still don’t think that will see them finishing outside the top four; they will blow too many teams away.

Hope I’m wrong though!

Well I’m convinced we will make top 4 and also Chelsea and united too which is why I see Pool dropping out

Losing only 2 games so far should see them more than 1 point above us surely, but it hasn’t as their defensively and more importantly mentally weak IMO

Imo this signing has strengthened them and they have the deal done quick and early. They have only lost twice this season. Top 4 should be secure and VVD is available for the CL.

Fair play to the player in the sense he could have probably earned much more at City and had a guaranteed PL winners medal but he wanted to join Liverpool. He must have had a Robbie Keane playing for Liverpool poster on his bedroom wall;)

Nor sure about that mate, I think they got hosed on the transfer and they are probably paying more than equivalent of what he would get at City (remember at City he's not automatic first choice, at Pool he is).

Well I’m convinced we will make top 4 and also Chelsea and united too which is why I see Pool dropping out

Losing only 2 games so far should see them more than 1 point above us surely, but it hasn’t as their defensively and more importantly mentally weak IMO

I think that there is a five way fight for three places but Liverpool dropped away heavily last year, after a strong start, and I could see them doing the same again as the better clubs hit form. United and Liverpool fighting it out for fourth at the close of the season would be epic.

I have not seen much overseas football, but think there are some defenders with potential in UK but they are not playing in teams that will develop them in the right way. I suggested 2 or 3 years ago we should look and Maguire when he was at Sheffield and Lascelles at Forest, both have potential along with Mawson.

Maguire has always had potential, I like him a lot. Lascelles is such a leader and a determined lad for someone so young. No nonsense defender and one of like us to be seriously looking at.

He will improve them, not by as much as a lot of people think imo, but £75m on one player isn't the answer for them.
Much like man u, Chelsea and to a lesser extent arsenal they are trying to appease fans by big money signings. Well big money doesn't make them BIG quality.
The money they have spent on vvd and keita would have bought them a very solid backline and keeper.
To many clubs are trying to compete with city and psg in the spending stakes instead of on the pitch.
I can' see Liverpool winning either PL or CL anytime soon on their current model.

To be honest i think us fans have to forget about transfer fees as the are beyond any sense, as for will he improve them? well as i said earlier only time will tell. But from what i have seen of both Lovren and VD i have no doubt '( imo) that VD is superior in all parts of his game, so you would think he will make them stronger.

I am not suggesting Liverpool will now go and win either the PL or CL but i see them being in the race for 4th alongside us and Arse. They are a point ahead of us now and with VD and (as i said earlier) IF they manage to get a decent keeper then they will be in that race.

I think that there is a five way fight for three places but Liverpool dropped away heavily last year, after a strong start, and I could see them doing the same again as the better clubs hit form. United and Liverpool fighting it out for fourth at the close of the season would be epic.

The lose of Mane killed
Them last year,they now have Salah if that happens.

If Liverpool don't sell Coutinho to finance buying dingdong van Dyke, I want to see an immediate Financial Fair Play Rules investigation. How the hell do Liverpool keep on affording the transfer spending they do. The value of their ticket sales I bet is not much more than ours as, despite a bigger ground, Liverpool is not exactly a high income area. Their TV income cannot be more than ours. They have just spent a bomb on their gargantuan ugly stand. What gives?

I first started supporting Spurs in the late 60s and they had plenty of critics who called us the chequebook club. Now I know how they felt then as the DVD transfer has made me angry. It's one thing that we can't compete with Arab or mafia money but Liverpool - Jesus H.

The FFP rules were brought in to protect clubs like Liverpool.

They are toothless and the only top club that seems to pay them any attention is us.

You are right about the ifs and buts and that sums up the game all round. The point i was making is that ( imo) the signing of a better CB ( then they already have) and a better keeper will/should improve them as a team. I am not saying that it will make them title winners either, but seeing as they are one point in front of us now do you not think that IF those signing make them a better team should we not
consider that?

I think you miss the fundamental thing here.

Liverpool, as a team, are brick defensively. To the point its like they barely even try. There is no defending from the front. There is no defending from the middle! Or the sides - the fullbacks are always miles up field.

This means the defence is just fudged. No matter who is playing. Put Maldini in there in his prime, it wont make much difference because they are so badly and continually exposed.

I think VVD is a decent defender. Not great, but certainly not bad. BUT, I also think, he wont make any real difference at all.

Liverpool need to be coached in defending. How to keep shape, keep a line, what space to mark... literally the very basics. This is not something that will be fixed with a new player.

Ill predict one thing though. Typically they will keep a few clean sheets in the coming games, and VVD will get all the MOTD moments in defence, and all the pundits will be praising him from the rooftops as a steal and the answer to all their problems* but by easter we will all be sat here saying the same as the last few seasons. It doesnt matter who plays while that team has no clue how to defend.

*A lot like how Lukaku was a bargain for Utd, exactly what they needed, better than Kane etc - where is that narrative now?

Is it 100 now? I read 75 three hours ago. :p

Maybe thats inclusive of wages? If they paid £75m for him Im sure he is on ridiculous money each week as well...

Back