• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

The FA should just scrap the pre-match handshake. By all means keep it for Champions League and Internationals, but the FA are now having to constantly pick and choose which games the handshake is used because some players can't get along. Shake hands after the game, not before.

says the man from the most racist country on the planet

I don't see the relevance of pointing out Arcspace's country of residence, mick.

It's no more relevant than the fact that most of the rest of us are from a country that once fostered a huge and very profitable slave trade.

I agree.

But Surarez crossed a line. A line that Evra didn't cross. A line that is there for a reason and that if you cross it punishment will be coming your way.

Throwing around horrible insults is accepted, throwing around racist insults isn't accepted.

Questioning Evra is fine, but only if you're also ready to question what other players at all levels say at almost every other match. If not, saying that he isn't innocent really isn't relevant.

You're making an arbitrary judgement as to what is or isn't offensive and what is or isn't punishable.

I'd rather be consistent.

If Evra doesn't want to be insulted, he shouldn't provoke it by insulting someone and his family in the first place. None of us should have time or make excuses for brick stirrers like that.

I don't see the relevance of pointing out Arcspace's country of residence, mick.

It's no more relevant than the fact that most of the rest of us are from a country that once fostered a huge and very profitable slave trade.

Don't you?

Oh well, I can't make you understand anything that you are unable to work out for yourself- if you can't see why I said it to Arcwelder the Pure then you will just have to stumble around in the dark.

I can't see the point of bringing up the history of Britain and the slave trade - did you think I hadn't heard about it?
Because I have.

But then again - I can't see the point in lecturing people on a football board about racism - because of an argument between two thick footballers, whilst endorsing the most racist piece of the planet by living in it.

But then again, I don't think that I'm a self satisfied smug know all, who has to share my opinions on every subject, and pass judgements on everything and everyone.

I could be wrong though

The FA should just scrap the pre-match handshake. By all means keep it for Champions League and Internationals, but the FA are now having to constantly pick and choose which games the handshake is used because some players can't get along. Shake hands after the game, not before.

I vote for a group hug. Ref in the middle

Don't you?

Oh well, I can't make you understand anything that you are unable to work out for yourself- if you can't see why I said it to Arcwelder the Pure then you will just have to stumble around in the dark.

I can't see the point of bringing up the history of Britain and the slave trade - did you think I hadn't heard about it?
Because I have.

But then again - I can't see the point in lecturing people on a football board about racism - because of an argument between two thick footballers, whilst endorsing the most racist piece of the planet by living in it.

But then again, I don't think that I'm a self satisfied smug know all, who has to share my opinions on every subject, and pass judgements on everything and everyone.

I could be wrong though

The bit highlighted.........totally agreed. But it seems to me that those most guilty of doing the lecturing and moral posturing are those who condemn Suarez utterly while ignoring and excusing Evra's brick stirring part in the whole affair.

Arcspace's aim, I believe, was to highlight the double standards that have characterised the condemnation of Suarez.

Liverpool's US owners and their shirt sponsor have intervened to help defuse the race row surrounding Luis Su?írez's refusal to shake Patrice Evra's hand before Liverpool's defeat at Manchester United on Saturday.
Standard Chartered, which pays around ?ú20m a season to sponsor Liverpool, went public with its criticism in a brief statement, saying: "We were very disappointed by Saturday's incident and have discussed our concerns with the club." A person familiar with the matter said: "It was a very robust conversation."
Standard Chartered was attracted to Liverpool by its strong Asian support base. The bank is based in London but makes almost all its profits in Asia. Most of its staff are in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
The BBC reported that the Fenway Sports Group, which bought the club in 2010 and owns the Boston Red Sox baseball team, had said an apology was necessary. A spokesman for Liverpool declined to comment on the reports that pressure had been brought to bear.
The Football Association, which imposed the eight-match ban, will take no action over Su?írez's refusal to shake hands because it is not a disciplinary issue.
The Liverpool striker apologised on Sunday for refusing the handshake before his team's 2-1 loss at Old Trafford and his manager Kenny Dalglish also said sorry for his post-match reaction when challenged over the snub. Su?írez was returning to the Liverpool starting lineup for the first time since serving an eight-match ban for racially abusing Evra during a match in October.

No.

There's also the possibility of a post-CC Final shutdown that we've seen from a number of clubs. Bottom half :D

The bit highlighted.........totally agreed. But it seems to me that those most guilty of doing the lecturing and moral posturing are those who condemn Suarez utterly while ignoring and excusing Evra's brick stirring part in the whole affair.

Arcspace's aim, I believe, was to highlight the double standards that have characterised the condemnation of Suarez.
I have long since abandoned any attempt at reading arcwelders interventions in threads, when flooded with a deluge of pontificating opinionated judgements, they all merge into one and become meaningless.

Everytime a thread begins on racism, the same people trot out the same arguments, and I'm sorry - the whole affair is beyond stupid and makes as much sense as arbitrating a school playground fight.

I think it's transpired that it was pretty much written by FSW and stuck online.

even if it's written by FSW, they probably has ZERO sincerity in it

http://football365.co.uk/mediawatch/7518225/Mediawatch
Smashing stuff from a website called NESN.com, who reported Man United v Liverpool with the following headline:

'Luis Suarez Shows Strength of Character, Scores in Face of Adversity.'

Strong work.

In the rather brief report that followed, there was no mention of The Handshake, which might strike some as a blessed relief, but is still rather curious.

Other gems included:

- 'When all seemed lost, Luis Suarez poked a loose ball past David De Gea to cut Manchester United's two-goal lead in half. In scoring that 80th minute goal, the Liverpool star showed not only a hallmark of a top player, but also that he is primed to bounce back from one of his career's low points.'

- 'The 25-year-old displayed mental strength in the hostile cauldron of Old Trafford. He faced unceasing taunts from the crowd, but endured them, never stopped fighting and influenced the outcome.

- 'Better times are ahead for Suarez and Liverpool fans. Trying times like these test one's character. Suarez emerged with a concrete moment onto which he can stack moments of magic that are sure to come.'

It probably won't be a colossal surprise for you to learn that 'NESN' stands for New England Sports Network, 80% of which is owned by Fenway Sports Group, owners of Liverpool.

^ Not surprising at all is the Boston Red Sox fans and ownership are mostly clams so it appears they fit right in line with Pool

I have to say, that's a very convenient interpretation for those who want to crucify Suarez and excuse Evra.

But, excuse the pun, it really isn't so black and white. Everyone seems to want to give Evra the benefit of the doubt but to deny Suarez the same.

I happen to think that, guilty or not guilty, both should be judged by the same standards.

It's not a convenient interpretation to allow me to judge Suarez much harder than I judge Evra. It's my interpretation of the situation and the reason why I judge Suarez much harder than Evra.

If my arguments didn't support my point of view I wouldn't make them, or rather, I wouldn't hold those views if I thought those arguments were valid.

What benefit of what doubt? Evra hasn't done anything wrong as far as I can see.

You're making an arbitrary judgement as to what is or isn't offensive and what is or isn't punishable.

I'd rather be consistent.

If Evra doesn't want to be insulted, he shouldn't provoke it by insulting someone and his family in the first place. None of us should have time or make excuses for brick stirrers like that.

Arbitrary? Sure, I draw an arbitrary line saying that racism isn't ok. If you think racist and non-racist insults should somehow be treated and punished equally then we disagree fundamentally. Seems that The FA and most western societies agree that a line should be drawn at the point of racism. However arbitrary you find it.

I really don't understand what your point is. Should Evra be punished as well? Or that Suarez shouldn't have been punished?

If your point is that Evra should have been punished as well, where would you draw the line of what should and shouldn't be allowed?

even if it's written by FSW, they probably has ZERO sincerity in it

http://football365.co.uk/mediawatch/7518225/Mediawatch
Smashing stuff from a website called NESN.com, who reported Man United v Liverpool with the following headline:

'Luis Suarez Shows Strength of Character, Scores in Face of Adversity.'

Strong work.

In the rather brief report that followed, there was no mention of The Handshake, which might strike some as a blessed relief, but is still rather curious.

Other gems included:

- 'When all seemed lost, Luis Suarez poked a loose ball past David De Gea to cut Manchester United's two-goal lead in half. In scoring that 80th minute goal, the Liverpool star showed not only a hallmark of a top player, but also that he is primed to bounce back from one of his career's low points.'

- 'The 25-year-old displayed mental strength in the hostile cauldron of Old Trafford. He faced unceasing taunts from the crowd, but endured them, never stopped fighting and influenced the outcome.

- 'Better times are ahead for Suarez and Liverpool fans. Trying times like these test one's character. Suarez emerged with a concrete moment onto which he can stack moments of magic that are sure to come.'

It probably won't be a colossal surprise for you to learn that 'NESN' stands for New England Sports Network, 80% of which is owned by Fenway Sports Group, owners of Liverpool.

Just FYI, I'm a Red Sox fan, so don't lump me in the same bin as those scouser cvnts :)

Another possibly interesting thing about the article is that the author is black, but he also had this to say on his twitter/fb: "Handshakes don't put an end to racism and/or bigotry."

Just FYI, I'm a Red Sox fan, so don't lump me in the same bin as those scouser cvnts :)

Another possibly interesting thing about the article is that the author is black, but he also had this to say on his twitter/fb: "Handshakes don't put an end to racism and/or bigotry."

I only said mostly being a yid I am sure you fall outside of that category :D

Errm yes, sledging is sledging - whether its expressing a familiarity with your mothers rusty bullet hole, commenting on the colour of your skin or country of origin, or telling you that you are overweight and masturbate because you are incapable of attracting women.

Chances are that none are true apart from the colour of skin thing, and that is highlighted to express an implied genetic deficit.

All of which are methods of unsettling an opponent and either getting them sent off or wound up

See Robbie Fowler and Graham Le saux for details (boy that tinkled me off when someone as bright as LeSaux allowed a mouth breather like Fowler to get to him)

The insidious commentaries of the supremecist organisations are racist, mongs playing football trying to wind each other up are exactly that.

The more astonishing thing, is how people use a trivial and banal argument between sportsmen as an opportunity to showboat how offended they are at racism, as if they were surprised that it existed. I hate to tell you this but, it exists everywhere on this planet.

You are different to me, you are not from my tribe, my tribe is better than yours because we are sperior people

Its gonads, but its the way people think.

I agree fully about that way of thinking being gonads.

However, I think The FA (and FIFA) are right to draw a line at racism, make that kind of sledging against the rules and punish it.

The Liverpool fans that allegedly chanted racist things at that Oldham player most likely wouldn't have done it if not for the support Suarez got from Liverpool FC. Any sign of not punishing racism, any sign of being lenient can easily be seen as acceptance of it. It is a problem within football like it is within the rest of society. And it's a chance for football to be of real use by bringing people together and standing firm against what is totally unacceptable.

I love the fact that the vast majority of people on RAWK are angrily demanding that Standard Chartered keep their nose out of Liverpool's football affairs, and fudge off if they don't like it.

Who exactly is paying for the wages, and who paid for Suarez? Not the fans; gate receipts wouldn't cover the deal's total cost, and certainly wouldn't pay the wages every year. Yep, FSG. The owners. And the commercial sponsors, chief of whom is Standard Chartered. They're so angry about SC's public statement that they forget that without their commercial partners, and without their owners, both of whom have a right to be concerned about all the negative PR, the club would be competing with the likes of Stoke, Sunderland and West Brom, rather than paying the wages they do and buying the players they do. So sure, if you're so mad, get SC to fudge off; enjoy getting Wonga or someone sponsoring your shirts for 10 milllion quid over five years,because there's no way in hell that any reputable company will sponsor Liverpool if they're not allowed to criticise the club for actions that they perceive to be damaging to their brand. So yes, get Wonga or someone similar, and see just how many players of Suarez's ilk you'll be able to buy then. Chances are, none.

Football's sadly become a business. But you need to adapt or get left behind. They should be thanking their stars they've got such generous sponsorship deals, not moaning about the sponsors expressing concern at recent events. It's their money, after all.

Back