• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

This commonly held misconception is what was at the core of Suarez's refusal to shake Evra's hand yesterday, IMO.

Evra is guilty. He provoked the whole, tedious quarrel. He made vile comments about Suarez's family and a dismissive ethnic / cultural reference. Yet he has not been punished at all. Suarez has served his time. He has paid his dues. Evra hasn't. Not surprising that there is still a seething resentment there.

Evra's classless response at the end of the game shows that he is every bit as much the odious agitator that you claim Suarez to be.

Sorry what did Evra say in regards to the supposed ethnic/cultural reference?

Launching flying karate kicks on fans; avoiding drug tests; deliberately trying to cause serious injury to another player; cheating on your brother's wife; trying to bully and falsely accuse someone with whom you've had an affair.....all of these things rank higher than merely refusing to shake someone's hand...someone he called a n#gger

Spanish/English, couldnt care less. He meant it as an insult, and thats why he was banned for 8 games.

Believe what you want, but who has had to apologise?

Fergie? No
Evra? No

He's on record as admitting that he made inappropriate comments about Suarez's family and that he also dismissively referred to Suarez as "Sudamericano".

they were both as bad as each other in the original case and as ive said before i don't think either instance is something that needed to go any further. i dunno if anyone saw John Barnes on tv today, think it was a SSN interview and he actually echoed something which i was trying to say in the other thread (where the official report was brought up) this whole situation wreaks of the powers that be coming down hard on a petty incident to make it look as though they care about racism without actually taking any of the bigger issues in the game on.

He said the same last night on ESPN after the Tottenham game pretty much, its the most sense been talked on the subject I have heard.

Everyone seems to have a personal agenda, each trying to stich the other over.

Spanish/English, couldnt care less. He meant it as an insult, and thats why he was banned for 8 games.

Fergie? No
Evra? No

Or, to put it another way, who SHOULD have apologised as they are all as bad as each other?

Or who was banned for 8 games after being found guilty of racial abuse?

Oh, dont tell me, the GG experts who know as much as the panel at the tribunal, with their FBI lip reading skills, and telepathic ability to go into Suarez head, and see that, despite the fact they were fighting, he said it in a friendly way.

Oh, dont tell me, the GG experts who know as much as the panel at the tribunal, with their FBI lip reading skills, and telepathic ability to go into Suarez head, and see that, despite the fact they were fighting, he said it in a friendly way.

have you read the report ?

the charge that was leveled on Suarez is based on an exchange he and Evra had where Evra offensively says 'don't touch me sudamericano' to which Suarez answers 'why is that negro?'

they both are being offensive towards the other in pretty much exactly the same way

6 of one half a dozen of the other

have you read the report ?

the charge that was leveled on Suarez is based on an exchange he and Evra had where Evra offensively says 'don't touch me sudamericano' to which Suarez answers 'why is that negro?'

they both are being offensive towards the other in pretty much exactly the same way

6 of one half a dozen of the other

Suarez is trouble you can just see it with him the way he behaves, we will be seeing more of it from him over the next few years, some players are just like that.

While I respect your right to an opinion, I do not respect you putting words into my, or others mouths.
I said NOTHING about Suarez NOT being in the wrong, infact I believe he was 100% guilty, and is a vile little brick to boot.

What I was inferring, was the total lack of dignity and honesty shown by ALL sides in this affair. From Dalglish, to SAF, to LFc to the enquiry panel (who, IMHO, needed a spacegoat).

Your post above could be conceived as hypocritical, in that YOU accuse others of lip-reading skills and telepathic ability, while you display an obvious lack of real insight into the facts yourself.

Regardless of this, yyes, Suarez was found guilty, and IMHO has not served nearly enough punishment. I just see others trying to make capital from it.

Suarez is trouble you can just see it with him the way he behaves, we will be seeing more of it from him over the next few years, some players are just like that.

no denying Suarez is a clam from me mate, the way he acted yesterday was a disgrace

im just commenting on the original incident, something i think has been totally blown out of proportion and mishandled by almost everyone involved (the FA, Suarez, Liverpool FC etc)

Suarez won't get sympathy from many. Take away this whole affair and he's still a ginormous cheating, moaning clam. This will also cause people to overly critical of everything that involves him.

Evra is an evil little man. Fancy being racially abused and then reporting it. Disgraceful. And then when he decides he wants to just shake the guys hand to close the subject, he reacts to being ignored by the guy who racially abused him? disgusting.
Evra should be banned for life, IMO

Fergie? No
Evra? No

Again, you miss the point.

Regardless of whether or not you believe that Suarez intended what he said to be a racial slur, the fact remains that Fergie had no business trying to tell Liverpool FC what they should do with Suarez simply because he refused to shake Evra's hand - especially given the litany of player offences that he has tolerated and defended in his years as manager of Man Utd.

And however you might try to dress it up, the word n*igger, because of its historical context, is far more charged and offensive than the Spanish word "negro".

Back