• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I think Lambert is a good signing for them. He's a Liverpool fan, he hasn't cost them too much, Premier League experience, scores wherever he goes and I'm sure he won't mind being on the bench behind the likes of Sturridge and Suarez, he'll just be happy he is playing for them and at a higher level than what he has been playing his whole career. He will play cup games and whenever Suarez/Sturridge need a rest.

Plus, if you're a Liverpool fan and you're watching your team 1-0 down with 15 minutes to go, there wont be much better than bringing on Lambert to try and get you a goal.

That's assuming that he is not a player who needs regular games to maintain his form. He could turn to toilet if he is not getting 90 minutes every week.

if he scores 30 plus goals next year and they win the league or the CL again, nobody will give 2 flips mate, as much as I dislike him, the bloke is world class

they can get that from Benzema though, or Morata

he is world class, but so is everyone on the Madrid roster already

Suarez would leave Liverpool in a heartbeat. Lets see how they deal with a mega offer for him leaving them in disarray. They can have a taste of what we had last year.

I've thought all along that last season was as good as its going to get for Liverpool. They could easily finish 6th next season.

Hopefully not until sometime in august though ..... Lots of stories undsettling the whole club for as long as possible fbefore he finally jumps.

This could be comedy

@LivEchoLFC Jul 4

We want you to help us convince Alexis Sanchez that he's better off at #LFC than #AFC - send us the reasons why using #joinLFC

My starter for 10

@Marky_Simmo 1m

@LivEchoLFC @WC2014Babes will get a permanent black armband and be able to mourn all the time #victimsfc

This could be comedy

@LivEchoLFC Jul 4

We want you to help us convince Alexis Sanchez that he's better off at #LFC than #AFC - send us the reasons why using #joinLFC

My starter for 10

@Marky_Simmo 1m

@LivEchoLFC @WC2014Babes will get a permanent black armband and be able to mourn all the time #victimsfc
**applause gif**

(Can't get a list of gifs on my mobile)

we bought better than them imo

Rodgers is not one to be trusted with buying players. With the exception of Coutinho and Sturridge, whom neither were ungheard of, Rodgers has yet to make a good signing. Aspas, Luis Alberto, Sakho. All duds

From the author of

41ScNW-TqAL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Liverpool's third season under Rafael Benítez was a tumultuous time both on and off the pitch. In 2007 Liverpool FC finally changed hands, with Americans George Gillett Jr. and Tom Hicks buying the club; work began on a radically redesigned state-of-the-art stadium at Stanley Park; and the team reached a seventh European Cup final. Without doubt a new era has begun.

Above Us Only Sky is much more than just the story of one season. As well as reflecting on the recent past, this book looks to the future, to examine how the new regime can make the Reds competitive in all aspects of the game - from silverware, and the pounds (and dollars) that help secure it, through to the players to whom Gillett and Hicks will be looking to achieve success on the pitch, including exciting new signings Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel, to name just two. What do the Reds need to do to win a 19th league crown?

comes: They Dared To Dream: How Rodgers' Liverpool Went So Close

http://www.amazon.co.uk/They-Dared-To-Dream-Liverpool-ebook/dp/B00LEG66SE

Some reviews:

"Football? Bloody hell!", as Bill Shankly once said.

By the final chapter of this book I was kneeling on the floor of my living room, floods of tears pattering onto my replica kit, wailing like a hysterical gibbon. My dogs, Rushie and Aldo, wailed in solidarity with me. They understood; my wife didn't. I felled her with a right hook.

Imagine if all you ever wanted was a carrot cake, and then, after 25 years without one, you see your most loyal friend walking towards your house smiling, carrying a carrot cake with your name on it. As he reaches your drive, he tumbles calamitously into a ditch. You rush out to find him writhing in agony amongst a cakey-muddy mess, a hungry raven pecking at his flesh. That is how we Liverpool fans feel about the 13/14 season (the raven is Tony Pulis, by the way).

This book is not just some cynical cash-in to make money out of Irish people. Paul Tomkins has truly encapsulated the modern-day Liverpool Football Club experience in literary form: the misty-eyed sentimentality, the endless self-mythologizing and, above all, the abject, humiliating failure. YNWA.

I tried to buy this in Waterstones but it was raining outside and I slipped. Whilst I was recovering Demba Ba nipped in and got the last copy.

I hear it's a good read though and the ending is great..

What does it mean to be a Red? 18 snowflakes gently fall on 5 golden lamps. The crescendo of sound, a wall of love. Togetherness and community. Glory, glory, and tragedy. This, followers of lesser clubs can never comprehend. Bitters and Mancs too dull, too prosaic to see what the Redmen see. It goes beyond kicking a ball. It goes beyond scoring goals and accruing points.

Does anyone really think the Kop knows not the sweet taste of victory? 18 pure doves released to 5 circles of heaven. Conquering warriors, noble knights in red, conquests from the Eternal City to Constantinople. A history of excellence spanning decades. And yet, this triumph is not our only triumph.

This the Bitters and Mancs will never know. How could their limited imagination ever let them know? I'm referring to something ineffable and mysterious, and it's what we mean, when we sing "you'll never walk alone".

It's something special present in all who follow the call of the Kop. We Redmen united. And you only have to have stood on the Kop once, or even seen the sight of splendor played across cathode ray tubes, to know in your heart the ineffable truth. You. Will. Never. Walk. Alone.

The class of this club. And it's latest chapter: Brendan's revolution. Sweet, sweet Brendan. In his eyes, a little tear, forming like dew on a beautiful Autumn morning. Sweet, Beautiful Brendan. The master philosopher, a Marcus Aurelius for our times. See how he weaves his magic through the fabric of Stevie, Daniel, and Raheem. He smiles. We smile. The warmth, feeling, joy, the love.

Comrades on the Kop, we sing together, as one. A sea of red. Arms held aloft. Tingles down the spine. This. Is. Liverpool.

And the Bitters and the Mancs can well mock, and jest. Their hearts filled with hatred, unlike ours that are filled with love. Jealous of not only our success--we are the number one team in England--but jealous mainly of our togetherness, our story, our history. Take note, Chelsea and City, these CANNOT be bought. Priceless. King Kenny. Ian Rush. Stephen Gerrard. John Barnes. Joe Allen.

Bitters and Mancs may well laugh at the Red Family writing and reading books. At least we Reds, poets one and all, are literate enough to pick up the quill! And they may laugh at us proudly wearing the full red kit: at least our kit is worthy of adorning(!) Yes, I wear the kit, down to the shin pads. Why is this to be mocked? Is it really so strange to wear the colours of your beloved team? How strange that Bitters and Mancs seem so reluctant to support their teams, preferring it seems to mock loyal Reds for their choice of attire.

In Oslo we have a saying, translated into English as "2 goats in the sauna are worth a chicken in the pot". Maybe Bitters and Mancs can spend some time understanding this, and then focus on their own teams, not on mocking ours.

Finally, if you love Liverpool, and if you love Brendan Rodgers--the most exiting young manager in world football--then you owe it to yourself to buy this book. Brendan is a genius, and last season's almost-success was just the first step in his team building philosophy. I am looking forward to the sequel when we win the treble next season. I wonder how many Bitters and Mancs will be on the review pages for that particular book!

YNWA

Of all the success Liverpool have had in the past non comes close to the drama of our magnificent second place finish to last seasons Premier League.
I've seen us lift League trophies, European Cups, FA Cups and Golden Gloves awards but none of them have been worthy of having such an amazing book written about them.

It was the greatest English victory this side of the Dunkirk evacuation.

And it was a pleasure to just read this book - clearly the greatest and most significant scholarship this side of Gibbon. All of the glory. All of the memories.

The story of how a plucky club of underpaid and unknown English lads were plucked off the pitches of Merseyside and thrust into battle against a veritable Persian horde of soulless foreign mercenaries. The greatest triumph, if you will, this side of the victory of King Leonidas' 300 at Thermopylae.

But those ancient Spartans were nothing compared to Liverpool this past year. They were lead by Leonidas. And I don't really know a lot about him, but I do know about our king, our captain... our Steven. OUR Steven is more than a captain. He is a guiding light brighter than all the candles ever lit on Merseyside. He is a superinjunction levied against the despicable Mancs - a tribe far more evil, rapacious, and godless than any horde of ancient Persians.

Confession time - I actually had Steven speak to me in a dream following the glorious final week of our championship season. I wrote poetry about it in fact. At length on the Liverpool forum ("The Red and White Kop.") You may have a hard time pulling my exact work up if you go to the site and run a search with the terms "Steven Gerrard" and "poetry," but at least you will get hundreds of hours of inspiration reading my own work alongside that of millions of other dedicated Liverpool fans around the universe.

But I digress. As to this book in particular - if I had to find any fault with it (and please, please, Kop admins, do not ban me from there for saying this)..... well, I just am puzzled by the lack of detailed coverage of the celebratory parade after our championship. I mean, FFS I actually responded to the craigslist ad seeking stewards for this. I have the tee shirt with an image of the trophy and "Liverpool FC Premier League Champions 2013-13" written right on the front of it.

So why write a whole book about a championship season and not really address the celebratory aftermath? Seems incomplete. Perhaps the image of Steven will come to me in my dreams tonight and explain that a little further.

Not many books reduce me to a misty-eyed sense of wonder but this one did. But I think that was more to do with the fact that someone actually decided to write it than what was in it.The epic story of how a bunch of ragged Scouse urchins were transformed by Brendan, the inspirational son of legendary singing star Clodagh Rodgers, into a team that nearly won something is a tale of achievement that deservedly sits alongside Cardiff's epic failure to qualify for the Championship play-offs in 2009 by virtue of scoring one goal less than Preston North End. Still, as Liverpool fans used to say about David Moyes, you don't have to win things to be a winne

We knew it was going to be special. 'Prince' Rodgers - there'll only ever be one 'King' - had spent the summer dreaming, imagining, pontificating, thinkulating, dream-re-imaging and hope resurfacing. No longer for 'Daniel San' Brendan, would football be the same. he'd clearly spent the summer of 2013, waxing on, and waxing off his chalk board. Preparing himself to wax lyrical about his new style in front of the adoring Kop. Like Bielsa before him, and Van Gall before him and Cruyff before him and Michels before him and Marquis of Queensbury before him and Ian Botham before him and Plato before him he had found a way to reinvent his sport. To create tactical nuances so fresh, that if you touched them against a newly zested lemon, the lemon itself would hang its head in shame.

At the end, he had a vision. He saw a 'new way'. Like the great French Philosopher Michel Foucaul, he had re-formatted the reality of football as in life. Or Soccer. Or of Football. Per Se. 'Winning' would be a fluid concept. One tested in the minds of the elite. True greatness would instead be in the winning of the hearts and minds. The placement of Liverpool and all of its greatest traditions back at the centre of the footballing family. Point accumulation, and strength in penultimate games would be the measure of the victors only in the minds of the weak. For us, we few, we disparate few. we Kopiaspora, now covering the lands both near and far we KNEW that success, that winning, that ultimate victory would come to us, through the power of our dreams. Literally...In our dreams. Via the mind motorway of dares

This wonderful tome tracks the genesis of Rodgers' revolution. His change in emphasis from a ruddy workmanlike team into pass masters. His development of a totally new technique called 'attacking'. Forged in the mire of Brazillian, Northern Irish, Uruguayan, somewhere in Manchester judging by his accent, and Scouse Steel.

It highlights the return of our weary Warrior Lxxs Sxxxxz - back from his ban for being misunderstood, persecuted and hungry. The ultimate Gladiator for this total, imaginary conquest of the footballing world; he unleashed hell, and some more spittle. It illustrates with poignant poignosity all of the wonderful nights that we again were able to enjoy under those fabled Anfield floodlights. Once more we were to experience the giddiest highs of the 'Famous European Night Experience TM' - whilst not technically a European game, these games were taking place in the European Common Market area and is it not possible to squint the eyes, let them go a bit watery and mistake 'Emirates Marketing Project' for 'Moenchengladbach'? It is possible...all we had to do was Dare to Dream. With the emphasis on Dream, alongside the twin sisters of fate and purposeful poor vision.

We lucky few who saw these matches thought the world would pass us by without noticing the coming of the age of Brendaquarius, that the media would simply ignore the low spending, plucky underdogs from Anfield who by and large, in a sense became champions of football in an overarching sense, in a sense.

But instead we rallied together, typically not relying on the outside world to fight our battles, we wrote our own account, first hand, from those who care, those who dare and those who bear...ed witness to the events of the season that shook the world. Like Rodgers, we eschewed the formal narratives of the mundane real world and forego'd 'narrative', 'reason' 'quality' or 'punctuation' in our account, but they are ours, and with the good grace and spending power of our foreign brothers in arms, this book, this magical re-telling of the year of the change, will sell by the shedload.

But if it doesn't, we, with tears in our eyes, can look each other in our teary eyes, with our eyes raised up to the heavens, press our hand against the badge, pirched firmly on our proud breasts, and say... We Dared to Dream

What a fantastic book. I read this in my living room, dressed in my brand new full kit, with my brand new Warrior Sports Shinnies in, surrounded by my favourite flags and posters of legends of years gone by looking down from the walls - Mark Walters, Steve Harkness, Dean Saunders, Sean Dundee. Fellow reds who understand me. Who understand what the book is saying. We shared this brilliance together.
At times i openly wept, as i remembered the beautiful performances described so graphically - Brendan had us back to our best. Our trophy, that we have never won, was coming home. Sadly, because of Chelsea, the FA and the bitters it wasn’t to be. I looked wistfully down at my new shirt, and noticed I had spilt some Gravy from my meat pie (did I mention I always eat a meat pie after I weep, no? well I do) all down the front. Not to worry, i never leave my living room anyway. Especially not now. I can just read this book over and over again. At Pace. Best season ever. Best book ever. YNWA

I hadn't been to a match supporting Liverpool football club for several years because we've not been very good, but seeing we had a chance of winning the league I started going towards the end of the season as only a true Kopite can understand. I like Brendan, Stevie and Raheem and Luis, if you're associated with Liverpool football club you feel like you're on first name terms with these greats, that's just the vibe that you get in and around Anfield, we're a family, me, Tarby, Simon Rimmer and Sheila off Brookside. I feel like I've been reunited with them after several years. We came so close and next season we go again, with or without Luis and I'll be there, depending on how we start, after all, we're Liverpool football club.

Unasked by night; I am true Love, I fill
The hearts of boy and girl with mutual flame.'
Then sighing, said the other, 'Have thy will,
I am the Love that dare not speak its name.'

So spaketh Lord Alfred Douglas, the lover of Oscar Wilde, whose words above were used against Wilde in his trial for gross indecency. And just as theirs was a love whose name was dared not to be spoken, so too, more than a century later, was the hidden love of a tribe of football fans whose passion stretched all the way from Milton Keynes to Chelmsford.

It often said that there is a fine line between love and hate. Never more so could it be shown than in the reviews for this book. Like the besotted schoolgirl pulling the hair of the boy in class she claims to hate, this is a love so powerful that the only way the love-lorn can suffer is to lash out in an uncontrollable fit of desire.

So too might you if, after 25 years of unprecedented financial dominance of the English game, the pantheon of European achievement still left you sitting somewhere between Anderlecht and Porto in the list of European success. What must it have felt like to have finally grappled some semblance of your own identity, with your greatest ever manager, fumbling in Europe for a quarter of a century, only to be cuckolded in 2005 by a Spaniard, in probably the greatest club football match of all time? What soul crushing heartbreak must that have been?

In 2014 it became clear that the little boy whose hair was pulled in the anguish of unrequited worship had moved on. He had long since taken to ignoring that little girl who had been so hopelessly overcome with rabid, fetishistic obsession. Yet the obsession only worsened. Whilst Brendan Rodgers was taking a side from 7th place to within a whisker of the league title, with a squad costing barely half that of the countries most expensive teams, and with a brand of football so daring it made the jaw drop, Manchester United fans were taking infatuation to a new level.

Not content with spending every single home game relentlessly singing about Liverpool (an unrequited advance), or failing to sell out their ticket allocation at a European Cup final because it involved a bit of travelling, United's fans cemented their reputation as the creepy stalkers of the premier league by posting reviews of a book about Liverpool. Much like the deranged obsessive daubs the name of their idol in excrement across their bedroom wall, United fans were contenting themselves with self molestation from the safe distance of a 7th place Premier League finish.

Looking on from afar, the scorned, inadequate's betrayal only feels greater. It is difficult to imagine the despair felt as Liverpool walked off the Old Trafford pitch disappointed to have only won 3-0. Whether watching from a shed in Eccles, or loudly shouting "Gow On Giggsie", whilst wearing a replica shirt in a pub in Weybridge, the heartache is the same.

Theirs is the love that dare not speak it's name. An infatuation so profoundly all-encompassing, that it leads grown men to spend all their spare time, in their mum's basement, writing bitchy reviews of a book they've never read, that is in fact - brilliant.

That's some disturbing ****. Do they sacrifice small rodents and participate in weird acts of sodomy as well?

Steven Gerrard says Liverpool would be title favourites had Luis Suárez rebuffed the advances of Barcelona.

The club captain was upset that the Uruguayan had quit Anfield, because of the potential impact on Liverpool’s Premier League challenge, but he was relieved the striker had not entertained ideas of going to an English rival, after last season’s bid by Arsenal. Gerrard said Suárez was “too good for Arsenal”.

The Liverpool captain believes Suárez kept his promise to give the Merseyside club one more year, and it was understandable he was lured to the Nou Camp.

“I believe if we had Luis Suárez we’d be favourites,” said Gerrard. “I’m disappointed to see him leave now but I am happy for him that’s he has got what he wants and deserves. Since day one he has been phenomenal in training every day and in the games.

“His wife is from Barcelona and I don’t think you can begrudge a player like that, who has worked so hard for his dream. You can’t go against him when he says he is leaving for Barcelona. His dream from the first day he came was to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona. Last summer when he was out in the cold and training on his own that’s the conversation I had with him. I said, 'Don’t go to Arsenal’.

“I would have been really sad and disappointed to see Luis go to Arsenal. With all due respect to them, I said to him that he was too good for Arsenal. I said if you score 30 goals for us and win the PFA Player of the Year, the press Player of the Year – I knew he was going to win them – I told him Real or Barcelona will come for you.

“I think he got the wrong advice last year from people around him, from people saying he needed to play in the Champions League and it did not matter who it was for.

“I have experience of the Spanish clubs myself and I know if you play well they will come back and come back. I knew they’d be back for him as well.

“I just thought for his own sake, to get respect off the Liverpool fans, he had to give us at least one year. A lot of people might still think he should have given us one more, but my big dream was to play for Liverpool, and the foreign players’ big dream is to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona, that’s a fact.”

Seeking to build on last year’s second place, Gerrard knows the last time Liverpool finished second in 2002 and 2009 there was a rapid decline. He says there is no reason to presume there will be a repeat.

“When we finished second in those cases, I don’t think there was a genuine belief that we were going to go all the way to the wire,” he said. “Last year we were in it until the end and that has given us the belief that we are genuine title contenders.

“It is different when you finish second and you know you were never really in it. You are chasing. This time we were there, right at the end. We could have won it.”

As well as another title bid, Gerrard says he also hopes to convince the club’s owners to extend his contract beyond this season. Although the manager and club say it is only a matter of time, contract talks are yet to start.

“Brendan has mentioned it a couple of times in the media but no talks have happened,” said Gerrard. “I’m sure we will talk in the future, but we will have to wait and see. I hope that I am here for more than one year, of course I do. But it is all about this season for me.”

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...rez-is-too-good-for-Arsenal-with-respect.html

Back