• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Signed Rickie Lambert :ross:

Keep going Brendan.

Not saying he's a bad striker these days but you've just cracked CL for **** sake it is rather amusing.

I can't see many bigger names wanting to go there and sit on the bench waiting for Suarez or Sturridge to get injured.

maybe he realises that southampton have peaked. they can only do worse. for guys like pochettino, lallana, schneiderlin and lambert, their stock might be at its peak right now, and therefore it would be a good opportunity to cash in on it.

i really wouldn't rule out southampton being in a relegation fight next season. we've seen it before. the only teams who have basically no chance of relegation in the premier league are us, man utd, liverpool, arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea. for everyone else, relegation is a very real threat. and lambert would be wise to move on at the moment (at 32) and not risk relegation.

maybe he realises that southampton have peaked. they can only do worse. for guys like pochettino, lallana, schneiderlin and lambert, their stock might be at its peak right now, and therefore it would be a good opportunity to cash in on it.

i really wouldn't rule out southampton being in a relegation fight next season. we've seen it before. the only teams who have basically no chance of relegation in the premier league are us, man utd, liverpool, arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea. for everyone else, relegation is a very real threat. and lambert would be wise to move on at the moment (at 32) and not risk relegation.

Agreed. Southampton have lost their chairman plus manager in quick succession and probably will be shorn of their England contingent after the World Cup, so are highly unlikely to even match last season's 8th place finish let alone push on into the top 7 for the first time in decades.

Meanwhile, Lambert is given the opportunity to play in the Champions League (even if it just a few minutes off the bench, perhaps more if Suarez moves) for his boyhood club in the twilight of his career... no brainer for him really.

WwCetHs.gif

This did make me laugh if I'm honest

what the hell have you done man!

few of them playing tonight, different players under pressure and expectation, wonder how heavy that will weigh on them next year

Not really good enough IMO. At Southampton he's playing every week and it boils down to that for me.

I think that it is a bit much to tell him what he should want to do with his career. I would imagine that he never thought that he would get the chance to resign for Liverpool or play in the Champions League. Who can blame him for giving it a shot? Particularly at a stage in his career when many players have to accept that they can no longer playing every game.

few of them playing tonight, different players under pressure and expectation, wonder how heavy that will weigh on them next year

I think that the bigger issue will be playing two years football straight and more games next year. I think that there is a fair chance that Gerrard will be dead on his legs by Christmas and all young players hit a dip in form at some stage, so it must be coming for Sturridge and Sinclair.

I think that it is a bit much to tell him what he should want to do with his career. I would imagine that he never thought that he would get the chance to resign for Liverpool or play in the Champions League. Who can blame him for giving it a shot? Particularly at a stage in his career when many players have to accept that they can no longer playing every game.

This

We can all only say what we believe WE would do in any given situation. If it was my career I'd wanna play week in week out. Thats all I'm saying.

We can all only say what we believe WE would do in any given situation. If it was my career I'd wanna play week in week out. Thats all I'm saying.

What if you had the chance to play for Spurs, who were in the Champions league and you only had possibly 1 to 2 years left?

Thought Henderson looked good tonight. Not that I was watching that closely. Wheelchair was pants, I just hope he's a sponsor pick and Roy doesn't have to play him.

Suarez has had a brilliant season. All we need now is for him to have a great world cup too, and then wait to see if someone bids £80m+ for him. They could be in the same situation we were in last year. Suarez will have his head turned, if he goes you gave Lambert as one of the front 2 main strikers.

I honestly think Liverpool have peaked last season. They could just as easily do an "us" and finish 6th next season.

Not really good enough IMO. At Southampton he's playing every week and it boils down to that for me.

Why on earth would Lambert stay when they have no manager, they are going to sell all their best players, they have zero chance of bettering last season, and vould likely be fighting relegation next season.

Goes to Liverpool, champions league football, and fighting for top 4. He will get games, he will score goals. Of course its short term, but football IS short term these days.

Back