• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Sunday Papers savage 'paranoid' Dalglish round up

Premier League - Papers savage 'paranoid' Dalglish

Sun, 12 Feb 11:14:00 2012

Sunday's newspapers make depressing reading for Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish, widely condemned over his conduct throughout the Luis Suarez affair.

Dalglish declined to criticise Luis Suarez after the striker refused to shake hands with United's Patrice Evra ahead of Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford.

Observer: Liverpool's Kenny Dalglish plays dumb to leave his dignity in tatters

Daniel Taylor: 'Kenny Dalglish tried to stare down the (post-match interview) questions before coming up with a response that was so outlandishly flawed it made you wonder where he was storing all the qualities which we once associated with him? What Suarez did was callous, premeditated and dimwitted to the point that, if Liverpool had any sense, they would have condemned it on the spot and at least salvaged a semblance of dignity. Instead, they reverted to their default setting whenever Suarez comes under scrutiny: this half-baked conspiracy that everyone is against them and that the only way to combat this is to go on the attack themselves. Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing.'

Mail on Sunday: Dalglish is reduced to a scowling, sneering bar-room bully

Patrick Collins: 'Undoubtedly, (Suarez) has been encouraged in his idiocy by attitudes struck by manager Kenny Dalglish. Throughout this depressing saga, Dalglish has promoted a sense of paranoia, a feeling that the club have been hard done-by, ill-used, savagely put-upon. He has conjured the notion of a vast conspiracy directed at Liverpool, without ever explaining the logic or the motives behind such a movement. At its most crass, it was the T-shirt worn to support Suarez, a gesture so tasteless that a football manager of even modest intelligence might have rejected it out of hand. Dalglish wore his daft little shirt as if it were a badge of martyrdom, utterly unaware of the ridiculous figure he was cutting.'

Sunday Telegraph: Dalglish walks alone in defence of striker

Henry Winter: 'For those of us gathered here at Old Trafford yesterday for the latest outbreak of hostilities between Manchester United and Liverpool, Su?írezÔÇÖs behaviour was embarrassing to behold. The fires of enmity always burn between these ancient rivals but Su?írez inflamed the mood further by refusing to shake the hand of Patrice Evra. Those tuning in across the planet were presented with the picture of Su?írez offending further an opponent he had racially abused. For a club that prides itself on its renown around the world, those pictures were a PR disaster.'

Sunday Times: Shaming of football

Jonathan Norcroft: 'When the dust settled, the bile subsided and the straitjackets were put away, Manchester United were left top of the Premier League. Recently, covering English football has felt like sending bulletins live from the asylum. Yet if you looked hard enough, past the handshake, the stupid fan chants, the stewards separating warring players and, hardest of all, beyond the loathsome Luis Suarez, there was a game of football here. United won it, and deservedly, and are leaders for the first time since October 1 to exert pressure on Emirates Marketing Project before todayÔÇÖs clash with Aston Villa.'

Sunday Mirror: Sinner... not a saint

Anthony Clavane: 'Luis Suarez might have put the ball into the United net at Old Trafford, but his PR own goal will have a lasting effect on his career in England ÔÇô and quite possibly destabilise LiverpoolÔÇÖs season. What on Earth was he thinking of? Kenny Dalglish indicated earlier in the week that Suarez would shake EvraÔÇÖs hand. In refusing to do so, he let himself down, let Dalglish down and let the Kop fans down. The Sunday Mirror doesnÔÇÖt always agree with Sir Alex Ferguson, but on this occasion he was spot on (in calling Suarez 'a disgrace').'

Independent on Sunday: Rooney rises above acrimony to settle score

Steve Tongue: 'There have now been 184 meetings between the two most successful clubs in English football history and it is difficult to believe that any other has been surrounded by quite the acrimony of yesterday's. In the Sixties and Seventies the players would kick or fight each other and supporters would do likewise, but here the backdrop was unique. From the moment that police confiscated every copy of a Manchester United fanzine, through Luis Suarez shockingly snubbing a handshake from Patrice Evra, then a fracas breaking out in the tunnel at half-time and Sir Alex Ferguson declaring the Uruguayan should never play for Liverpool again, it was an extraordinary day all round.'

Sunday Express: Football the loser on a day of shame

John Richardson: 'We had the good, RooneyÔÇÖs goals, the bad, LiverpoolÔÇÖs failure to impose themselves until too late, and the ugly, the Luis Suarez-Patrice Evra affair which seems to be running longer than The Mousetrap. Just when a tiresome saga which has shamed football was ready to be finally put to bed, oafish behaviour from Suarez reignited the feud. A week of promises that the potential tinderbox situation would be dampened down obviously fell on deaf ears as far as the controversial Uruguayan was concerned.'

The People: Kick him out

Dave Kidd: 'Dalglish will doubtless carry on sneering at outside criticism of his continued insistence that Luis Suarez should never have been banned. But Liverpool's chippy manager knows full well that any such us-against-the-world rhetoric will go down beautifully with most of the Anfield faithful. Dalglish was appointed, not so much because of (owner John W.) Henry's independent will, but by an unstoppable tide of public opinion. The Scot is a canny old politician. And he knows his constituency.'

========
Eurosport
========

Oh Dear

I am actually glad for all the hype around this. I heard some journos on Youtube saying Suarez may want to leave pool for Spain or Italy and this sort of trouble will only prompt him to want to go.

Not just that but at least there is another massive story around at the same time as the harry for england bandwagon.

KKKenny is a fudging knob of the highest degree, footballing dinosaur too, hopefully he will stay as manager for many years..

This once great club has been tarnished massively and will struggle ever to get its once fantastic reputation back

I have just watched it myself, looking at the actions of both Evra and Suarez during the handshakes.

If you notice both players did exactly the same prior to 'that' handshake

Evra looking at the player with hand moving forward to shake hands

Suarez looking down at the hand he was to shake, without looking at the players face.

As I said each player did the same until they met, this time Evra's hand motioned away not to shake his hand first, and IMO Suarez saw this looking down thus desiding Evra did not want to shake hands leading for him to move onto the next player.

Now, personally I don't care for either player, and IMO neither has in all this really been the model professional in the slightest, but I do believe watching rewind watching rewind watching the handshake it was Evra who made the first motion not to shake hands if comparing to his moving forward action of shaking hands with the rest of the Liverpool team.

I think then Evra's reaction making out Suarez didn't want to shake his hand has everyone fooled.

Just wanted to point out that Suarez could quite easily have made sure that his hand shaked with Evra but you could argue that Evra could have done the same, but you could argue the onus was on Suarez.

I just saw it on TV and noticed the exact same thing too. Was gonna post it too. I think both players were hesitating..but Evra's move fooled Suarez making him think he was not gonna shake hands.. But one can say Evra seeing Suarez eyes not looking at him thought the same and pulled away his hand...but STILL..he extended his hand in time to avoid the misunderstanding and Suarez chose to keep ignoring..

:rolleyes:

KKKenny is a fudging knob of the highest degree, footballing dinosaur too, hopefully he will stay as manager for many years..

This once great club has been tarnished massively and will struggle ever to get its once fantastic reputation back

he's younger than Harry
what does that make Redknapp?

Liverpool so far this season have achieved exactly the same amount of points as they did against the same opponents last season. Given that KKK has been in charge for the whole season this time, how does that make them MUCH better than they were under Roy...

All this shows me is that the media made there mind up and found someone guilty without realising what actually happened.

Something they are all too good at.

All this shows me is that the media made there mind up and found someone guilty without realising what actually happened.

Something they are all too good at.
They do do that, but what actually happened in this case? I think the media have got it right so far - Suarez and Liverpool are behaving like a bunch of pricks.

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

guess all the Evra didn't extend hand gonads can finally stop now?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/luis-suarez-i-m-sorry

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:

"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

Back