• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

'The start of our season'

Man united were not at the start of our season.

Thank you.

6th game of the season wasn’t it?
Second month of a season that ends in May.

It depends on your definition of “the start” but I’d certainly put Man Utd at the start, rather than the middle or the end, and I’d envisage most other people would too

Thank You

That sounds a lot like us tbh..

Bale and Lennon get injured? What then?

As harsh as it sounds, we were fortunate it was Sandro because we had a ready and quality replacement in Parker.

I think this discussion has gotten completely off point and i'll concede i will be partly to blame for that, especially considering where we started at..

I stick by the point though. If certain liverpool players get injured they could struggle. Just as if certain Spurs players get injured we would struggle.

I think this discussion has gotten completely off point and i'll concede i will be partly to blame for that, especially considering where we started at..

I stick by the point though. If certain liverpool players get injured they could struggle. Just as if certain Spurs players get injured we would struggle.

I think that’s true for all teams if they lose key players, however if it’s the extent of which you would suffer that is more pertinent.

Liverpool if they lost Suarez would be in my opinion be far more weakened than if we took Bale out of ours.

I would agree though that having both Bale and Lennon missing for any period of time could be potentially disastrous for us.

I think it's more about who the 2nd and 3rd best players are. Behind Suarez it's quite a step down.

I think it's more about who the 2nd and 3rd best players are. Behind Suarez it's quite a step down.

Would say it's further down from Bale => Townsend than it is from Suarez => Sturridge.

As for Lennon, there's no-one even to compare as his backup.

Would say it's further down from Bale => Townsend than it is from Suarez => Sturridge.

As for Lennon, there's no-one even to compare as his backup.

Sig or Dempsey would be the more natural comparison as they're the ones who have been the replacements. Sturridge isn't a backup to Suarez.

Sig or Dempsey would be the more natural comparison as they're the ones who have been the replacements. Sturridge isn't a backup to Suarez.

Sturridge/Suarez => Strikers.

Sig/Dempsey => Attacking Midfielders.

Bale => Left Winger.

I literally don't get how Sig or Dempsey would be the natural comparison. I don't think Dempsey can play as a Striker/Am at the same time as he plays on the left. Sig perhaps, but it's still not the natural comparison.

And how isn't Sturridge backup for Suarez? If Suarez gets injured, who will play up front? Sturridge.

Sturridge/Suarez => Strikers.

Sig/Dempsey => Attacking Midfielders.

Bale => Left Winger.

I literally don't get how Sig or Dempsey would be the natural comparison. I don't think Dempsey can play as a Striker/Am at the same time as he plays on the left. Sig perhaps, but it's still not the natural comparison.

And how isn't Sturridge backup for Suarez? If Suarez gets injured, who will play up front? Sturridge.

I wasn't on about the 2nd choice player in each position, but who would come into the team if someone was out. When Bale was out we played Dempsey on the left. Sig has been used on both sides. Townsend isn't going to start much unless there's as serious injury crisis. Liverpool's replacement for Suarez would now probably be Borini instead of Shelvey.

Shelvey replacement for Suarez?

Sturridge is a pure striker by trade and becomes the natural replacement without any problems. He was played out of position at Chelsea for years, but that hardly changes things in this particular scenario - he's a versatile player who can cover upfront easily

I wasn't on about the 2nd choice player in each position, but who would come into the team if someone was out. When Bale was out we played Dempsey on the left. Sig has been used on both sides. Townsend isn't going to start much unless there's as serious injury crisis. Liverpool's replacement for Suarez would now probably be Borini instead of Shelvey.

Ah i see the issue. I think the system should be kept intact by like for like changes, whereas you are just going on whatever player you can fit in the position.

Fair enough :p

That's because they didn't have Sturridge - i.e. desperation

He's an AM at best and very erratic in terms of finishing (plus his great engine makes far better use in the middle of the park)

Ah i see the issue. I think the system should be kept intact by like for like changes, whereas you are just going on whatever player you can fit in the position.

Fair enough :p

That wasn't even what I was actually thinking originally. :)

It was who you would rank as Liverpool's 3 best players apart from Suarez and how would they compare to us.

Say Sturridge, Gerrard, Sterling vs Defoe, Dembele, Lennon.

Who's gonna win you the match when you're a one man team missing it's one man?

That wasn't even what I was actually thinking originally. :)

It was who you would rank as Liverpool's 3 best players apart from Suarez and how would they compare to us.

Say Sturridge, Gerrard, Sterling vs Defoe, Dembele, Lennon.

Who's gonna win you the match when you're a one man team missing it's one man?

Gerrard is crap. Granted didn't used to be, but he is now.

For spurs i'd likely go with Sandro, Dembele, Lennon (assuming we've left out Bale and Suarez)

Liverpool i'll go with Sturridge, Lucas and Allen. Sterling has potential but he's nowhere near the finished article yet.

Think Allen has been figured out now, don't think he's even a guaranteed starter now is he?

He started both games against United, made me assume he was.

He's perfect for the style of football Rodgers is trying to play.

Edit: against us, Chelsea and Everton too.

Back