• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Time for something to cheer us up!

Better to remember winning something proper, rather than the 'Arsene Wenger 3rd losers' trophy'

KingKeaneCup_468x506.jpg

Why not remember both? I still look back at those days where we nabbed that 4th place as some of my favourite memories as a Spurs fan in recent times.

Pundits and other team's fans calling us the most exciting team in the league etc. Great stuff.

I wonder what that's like...winning trophy that is.
It's brilliant. I got to see us win two FA Cups and the UEFA - and they all stand out as fantastic experiences. '81 and '84 really stand out, especially that final penalty save. My throat was sore for a week from the singing.

I hate how Sky have made the Top 4 seem like winning something, and most suckers have fallen for it.
Anyone remember where we finished in the table in 91? Yet you would think that was a fantastic team.

I imagine everyone on here was creaming their pants when Crouch nodded in that goal against City to get us 4th.

not only that, those times when we just missed out on top 4 on the last day were soul destroying. akin to the feeling of losing a cup final. and when you see those arsenal selfies when they scraped top 4, the reality that a top 4 finish really is like a trophy hits home. it did for me anyway.

whilst i do like the sentiment that winning actual trophies should be the priority, unfortunately the way modern football (finances) works is that consistent top 4 finishes are the catalysts to win further trophies. deep down i think we all know this, and thats why so many of us are willing to sacrifice what is otherwise a great competition like the europa league in order to boost our top 4 chances. i dont think sky have tricked us at all. this glorification of a top 4 finish is just the consequence of the "unfortunate" reality of modern football.

anyway, the op posted a great video which in some ways does not feel that long ago. but when you compare it to displays like the one from the weekend, it gives a nice nostalgic feeling.

Better to remember winning something proper, rather than the 'Arsene Wenger 3rd losers' trophy'

KingKeaneCup_468x506.jpg

Exactly. This has been my sentiment all the while. I am more disappointed we lost the League Cup final, rather than upset at not finishing in top 4 this season. Frankly, won't mind us becoming a mid table club again if that means winning a Cup every season. Regarding the Champions League, I have always wanted us to go in it ONLY after winning the league, not as the 4th placed team.

Back