• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The European Football Championship

I root for an underdog like anyone else but it’s actually quite annoying when they schmize results from lucky VAR calls and poor finishing from the opposition.

Still very early days. Poor/average first game is quite common.

Would be more concerned about defensive solidity than attacking shortcomings if I supported England. Some of the criticism of Southgate is over the top, but it's also strange to come into a tournament like this and not really know what your central midfield should look like. He may very well get the answers he needs as the tournament progresses though.

Trippier at left back as anything other than an emergency option I don't get. He can do a job, but even on the right he's vulnerable defensively. Makes up for it on the ball and with that right foot, nullify that and it's a real weakness.

Decent start for the bigger teams, but some of them against rather average at best opposition...

France, Portugal as long as they don't get stuck in Ronaldo main character syndrome, then a bunch of teams. Including England.

Did Bobby Robson ever have any idea what his best team was?

This championship should be an eye opener for a lot of people in here, in the sense that a players price tag isn't necessarily a reflection of his skill, but more a reflection of what club he currently plays for. I've been saying for years that a 20m player can be just as good as one valued at 70m. Thankfully, Ange has the same view. It's all about weather the player fits and has the right attitude!

Back