• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Conte In/Out Poll

Conte?

• In

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • Out - Pochettino

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Out - Other

Votes: 18 19.6%

• Total voters

Diamond Lights

Didier Zokora
Admin apologies and if you need to kill this thread - just wanted to have a Poll going (if you can merge to the Conte thread by all means). Be interesting to see given the games coming up, West Ham and Chelsea for example.

Folks - perhaps keep the written content to the specific Conte thread already open and keep this purely to the Poll.

Where do people stand? This is NOT about ENIC/Levy. Purely a Conte focused poll. Do you want Conte in at all costs, or at least until the Summer. or do you want him gone, with a new man brought in, whether Poch or someone else?

I think he's gone in May whatever. The question really is do we stick or twist for the remaining 17 or so games. A bit like where we were in April 2021 again.

Do we hope for a big turnaround like happened 12 months ago (against all current indications), or do we go for a new manager bounce, plus effectively giving them an extended pre-season for next year.

It's difficult to say whether he's happy here or not but I can't see the point of sacking him now. Even if we want Pochettino back (which I don't, personnally), it's quite easy to keep him waiting until the end of the season.

I think he's gone in May whatever. The question really is do we stick or twist for the remaining 17 or so games. A bit like where we were in April 2021 again.

Do we hope for a big turnaround like happened 12 months ago (against all current indications), or do we go for a new manager bounce, plus effectively giving them an extended pre-season for next year.
I think he's going as well. And I'm sure Levy knows that already.

With what's gone on, I'm sure they've decided to keep it in-house to create as little disruption and distraction as possible. But also with a path back if Conte has reflected and feels his mindset has swung back to fully engaged by the summer.

Of course, as you say, Levy doesn't want to be doing anyone any favours either, if change is needed before then, he has to act.

depends how motivated he is, if he has the dressing room still?

who we could get in before the end of the season?

And of course results

on spurs next two results 3- 4 points from those games and it will be hard to sack him but 1 or less points from those games and it would be really hard to make the argument he should stay.

but even with that, if we are just going to pay him up and give Mason till the end of the season, you would have to say that lacks logic

Bin him, he’s stinking the place out.
Totally baseless ..probably given we don’t know the full facts and I have to call it for the poll.
Give me peak Poch too, at least be some good football. And FO ENIC while I’m proposing wholesale changes. As Chubby Checker said… Twist and Twist again

In until the end of the season.
I actually think he will commit, especially if we get CL. Whether that's what I want to happen I am less sure about.

I don’t care for him. I have outlined my reasons elsewhere. And whilst I do appreciate that he’s not been all at fault, I think we have failed in the transfer windows, I do think he’s not addressed key areas and his reluctance to use the likes of Sarr and Skipp more often when they are clearly good enough, makes me question what is going on.

I do like Pochettino but not sure on if he would be the right man. I’d like to see people suggest who they would want as manager if not Pochettino.

Think the question needs to be clarified:
- keep long-term
- keep til summer and re-evaluate then
- out now

I'm not sure I see much value in binning him now, but would be open to a change in the summer given how dire we are to watch

I'd like a manager who will do what Conte did for us last season: come in and using the group of players he has at his disposal get the team to perform better than the sum of its parts. Sadly, I don't think Conte is that manager. He took a team that he got to performing better than the sum of its parts, got some extra good parts and a full pre-season, and has it underperforming.

Any great manager should be able to get the max out of what he has available. And when more quality players are added that "max" will get better and the league position will improve. But to just have a system, no matter how brilliant it is, that will work only if all the right players are brought in is not the mark of a great manager.

I saw the thread title as "the Conte pull out", perhaps a new technique in lieu of contraption...

May as well see what happens with the rest of the season, Conte in for me, even if it's not necessarily going to pretty.

I'd like a manager who will do what Conte did for us last season: come in and using the group of players he has at his disposal get the team to perform better than the sum of its parts. Sadly, I don't think Conte is that manager. He took a team that he got to performing better than the sum of its parts, got some extra good parts and a full pre-season, and has it underperforming.

Any great manager should be able to get the max out of what he has available. And when more quality players are added that "max" will get better and the league position will improve. But to just have a system, no matter how brilliant it is, that will work only if all the right players are brought in is not the mark of a great manager.
If he was able to do it last season why do you not think he can do it again? Do you not think there were plenty of mitigating factors this season for him (3 friends passing away, injuries, illness)?

But to just have a system, no matter how brilliant it is, that will work only if all the right players are brought in is not the mark of a great manager.

This is my main concern about him - playing a system which relies on strength in certain positions (ie wingbacks) which we clearly do not have

That said, we're moving in the right direction in rebuilding the squad and that is the priority regardless of who the manager is

A day for conflicted posts from me. Apart from someone saying Sonny isn't top drawer.

Anyway....

I'd bet that the rhetoric about loving the club and wanting to be here for years has followed him wherever he's gone, be it Inter, Chelsea or whoever. He says the right things in his mind to ensure his marketing is working for how he wants to be portrayed.

So ruling out any particular affection to the badge, his record points to his being a troublesome journey man who leaves clubs in a fragmented state when he departs. Which were he to leave in the summer would likely be the situation at the new Lane.

The football is abject, the use of probably the deepest depth of forward line we've had in since Keane Berba, Defoe and Co is mystifying (the players signed are supposed to ensure burnout is managed yet Son is clearly crispy right now) and his constant passive aggressive veiled protestations in pre match conferences don't inspire fans to want to like him.

But.

Getting a guy with his record and not letting him finish the season would be like Mourinho 2, the revenge. He's a winner. Like Juande Ramos was a winner who despite playing brick football won us our last trophy. So let him finish this season, let's see if the cup or champions league can be brought home, and if not, despite my head saying never go back, I'd give Poch this squad and £200m to buy a new keeper, 2 centre halves and a midfielder, and get Kane signed up til he retires.

Oh and a plane ticket back to Portugal for Eric Dier.

Back