• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs City

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EASgCIxWi4l1H6Gdi8fFxQrl32JMM64wtVJJVhuwD2Y/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

8 - Lloris
7 - Soldado, Mason, Eriksen
6 - Chadli, Lamela, Capoue, Dier, Rose
5 - Fazio
4 - Kaboul, Dembele, Townsend

The front 4 were the most cohesive I've seen them since vdV and Bale days. Most of the rest decent. Shocking from both CBs though.

*edited by milo to add poll

Lloris - 8. Saved a lot of tricky shots, commanded his immediate vicinity, saved a penalty, was aggressive when coming out to collect crosses. Great display from him.

Dier - 6.5. Decent game from the lad, all things considered. No major highlights, got up and down the wing well, and took one for the team with a well-timed tug on Clichy after being sold short by Fazio (?) in the second half.
Kaboul - 5.5. Decent display, marred by a few errors caused by Aguero's pace. Disheartened me a bit by laughing away with Milner towards the end: you lost, damn it, act more like a captain.
Fazio - N/A. Difficult debut for anyone to have to make, so I won't judge him today.
Rose - 7. Good game from the man. Steamed up and down the wing, put in aggressive but controlled challenges, and (Apart from one or two positioning errors) generally looked comfortable.

Capoue - 6. Decent strength and aerial control, let down by the lack of protection he offered to the back four when City were running straight at them.
Mason - 7. Aggressive, energetic, never hid, and played some incisive forward passes. Good game from him.

Lamela - 6. Occasionally bright, always looked for the ball, and pressed well: however, was let down by a few ill-timed challenges and give-aways.
Eriksen - 7.5. Usually made the right decision when on the ball, was purposeful when in possession and scored a good goal to give us the equalizer in the first half. F*ck you, Olsen, you c*nt.
Chadli - 6. Decent running, sub-par performance when trying to get back into position defensively and was let down by some average finishing when in and around the box.

Soldado - 6. Good passing and link-up play, woeful penalty. Needs to start scoring fast, although he deserves a few more games at the head of our attack.

Special mentions:

Fans - 24th minute tribute was heartening to see ,as was the Henning tribute later in the game.
Aguero - Wow, what a player. Maybe someday we'll have someone in charge who has both the money and the ambition to relentlessly seal a deal for someone like that man. Someday.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EASgCIxWi4l1H6Gdi8fFxQrl32JMM64wtVJJVhuwD2Y/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

8 - Lloris
7 - Soldado, Mason, Eriksen
6 - Chadli, Lamela, Capoue, Dier, Rose
5 - Fazio

The front 4 were the most cohesive I've seen them since vdV and Bale days. Most of the rest decent. Shocking from both CBs though.

I agree but actually dont even think this game warranted rating players as it was more a case of attack and defense - the two facets of the game.

Defense was 2 and attack was 7. I dont think the attacking players helped out defenseively and dont think the defenders helped out the attack ie. giving balls away etc. So yeah think attack and defense.

Lloris 7 Saved our blushes today.
Rose 6 Got caught out of position.
Fazio 5 Could not handle the pace.
Kaboul 4 We got our Kaboul back.
Dier 6 Okay.
Capoue 5 His worst game so far.
Mason 6 Always looking to get involved. Missed a sitter.
Chadli 6 Drifted out of it.
Eriksen 7 Getting better.
Lamela 4 Poor, just poor today.
Soldado. 6 Linked up well, made one goal, should have made aone but for Mason and won a penalty. Needs to score IMO.

If only we had a chairman who'd back his managers with 25-30m pound attacking signings :(

If only we had a chairman who'd back his managers with 25-30m pound attacking signings :(

As I said in another thread, Paulinho and Dembele add nothing to us so flog those two for £20m - £25m combined, bring back Carroll to replace Demebele and spend the cash on an attacking player with some pace. I think our front 4 look good together, but there's a chronic lack of pace

Lloris - 8 - Kept the score respectable, ish

Dier - 6 -
Kaboul - 4 - Kaboul in a china shop is back
Fazio - 5 - Poor
Rose - 6 - Good going forward but his jogging back when caught out of position infuriates me.

Capoue - 5 - Awful performance
Mason - 7 - Decent display but should have scored.

Lamela - 5 - Needs a goal desperately is needs to stop being so careless in our final third.
Eriksen - 7 - Our best outfield player
Chadli - 6 - Did nothing defensively and not much better going forward

Soldado - 7 - Poor penalty but good overall play and created chances for the team.

Soldado, Stambouli and Vertonghen to start the next game please.

8 - Lloris
7 - Soldado, Mason, Eriksen, Chadli
6 - Lamela, Capoue, Dier, Rose
5 - Fazio
2 - whoever the referee was.

This. Just thought Chadli did well enough to warrant a 7. Rose's crossing needs a mention as well as it was pretty good.

With Lamela struggling like he is and a wealth of different midfielders, will we see Poch go 4-3-3?

Eriksen - Soldado - Chadli

Bentaleb - Mason

Capoue

Rose - Verts - Kabs - Dier

Lloris​

Think that's got plenty of possession as well as some good forward passing from deeper areas that we've been missing. Mason's also shown he's got quite a shot when ball's go just outside the 18.

Thought Poch deserved an 8 for our style of play and choice of 11. Will take a lot more time to get everything the way he likes it but he's doing a good job of implementing his style on the team fairly quickly. People wanting drastic change immediately are unrealistic. Not sure Verts would've faired any better than either of the two we played at CB. Sure we were a bit open, but we also created a heck of a lot of chances and could've/should've been up 1-0 if Mason could finish his chance. Not a bad performance overall for the first 65 minutes or so. I was pleasantly surprised.

As I said in another thread, Paulinho and Dembele add nothing to us so flog those two for £20m - £25m combined, bring back Carroll to replace Demebele and spend the cash on an attacking player with some pace. I think our front 4 look good together, but there's a chronic lack of pace

I agree neither of Dembele, Paulinho (or Lennon) have a role to play.

After today though I'd spunk all the money on a CB like Hector Moreno or Musacchio. The emergence of Chadli and Mason are negating the need for a LWF and CM.

This. Just thought Chadli did well enough to warrant a 7. Rose's crossing needs a mention as well as it was pretty good.

With Lamela struggling like he is and a wealth of different midfielders, will we see Poch go 4-3-3?

Eriksen - Soldado - Chadli

Bentaleb - Mason

Capoue

Rose - Verts - Kabs - Dier

Lloris​

Think that's got plenty of possession as well as some good forward passing from deeper areas that we've been missing. Mason's also shown he's got quite a shot when ball's go just outside the 18.

Thought Poch deserved an 8 for our style of play and choice of 11. Will take a lot more time to get everything the way he likes it but he's doing a good job of implementing his style on the team fairly quickly. People wanting drastic change immediately are unrealistic. Not sure Verts would've faired any better than either of the two we played at CB. Sure we were a bit open, but we also created a heck of a lot of chances and could've/should've been up 1-0 if Mason could finish his chance. Not a bad performance overall for the first 65 minutes or so. I was pleasantly surprised.

We need Lamela for the pace he brings the quartet. He also works harder defensively than Eriksen and Chadli. I don't mind the odd defensive mistake from him, as at least he's getting back into those positions.

I really wouldn't touch the front 4 (or 6, because Mason and Capoue moving the ball quickly contributes too) now after that collective display.

We need Lamela for the pace he brings the quartet. He also works harder defensively than Eriksen and Chadli. I don't mind the odd defensive mistake from him, as at least he's getting back into those positions.

I really wouldn't touch the front 4 (or 6, because Mason and Capoue moving the ball quickly contributes too) now after that collective display.

Can someone please tell us how long we are supposed to wait for the "world class" Erik Lamela to materialise? Because I am getting tired of waiting...

Judging from this post you think he will come good? I agree with MF, it's getting frustrating seeing how much talent he has but not actually produce enough end product.

This is one of the only annoyances I have with a majority of our supporters. Absolutely no patience.

We have GOT to have patience with our players and coaching staff. Look at Liverpool. Rogers has them playing some really good stuff and had them challenging for the title after two years. But how was that first year for pool? Finished 7th. 2 points from his first 5 games… A majority of our supporters would've had him out after his first month. around 17-18 months later and they're finishing within a sniff of the title.

Same goes for the players guys. Give them some freakin time. Instead of complaining that we're not getting the results we want right now, why not get behind the players and coach. The results aren't not coming due to a lack of effort (save Ade, rip him all you like). Soldado and Lamela give the effort we want. Just give it some time and the results will come.

Now if nothing changes in a years time and we keep getting freak pens called against us against the top sides, then you can complain. But for now, get behind the players and the coach and stop complaining. I'm tired of it.

Back