• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v ****

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 7

Naughton - 5
Kaboul - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 5

Townsend - 6
Sandro - 5
Bentaleb - 6
Eriksen - 5
Chadli - 6

Adebayor - 7

Lloris - 7

Naughton - 6
Kaboul - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 5

Townsend - 6
Sandro - 5
Bentaleb - 6
Eriksen - 5
Chadli - 6

Adebayor - 7

--

Paulinho - 4
Sigurdsson - 4
Soldado - N/A

Lloris -6- Had barely anything to do

Rose -6- Played decently
Vertonghen -7- Handled Giroud well all game
Kaboul -6- Too many long punts for my liking but solid enough at the back
Naughton -6- Maybe underrated because he did quite well today

Townsend -6- Had that lively 15 minute period from 60 minutes but didn't do enough in it. That cross for Chadli was dog poop.
Sandro -5- Slow off loading the ball and looked clumsy
Bentaleb -5- Not good enough in the advanced areas as he looked too scared to shoot. Once he dropped back into the DM role he looked much better.
Chadli -6- Great first half but faded after that chance where he should've scored.
Eriksen -5- Wasted out wide and looked tired.

Ade -7- Huffed and puffed but ultimately was controlled by Mertesacker and Koscielny.

TS -6- Side worked out quite well and we seemed to cope better with their counter attacks after the first 20 minutes. His decision to drop Bentaleb back and bring on a more attacking player was good but I think the decision to go 442 worked against us for those last 5-10 minutes.

Don't think either team did enough to deserve the win but in all honesty we were the better of the two teams. Still though we didn't trouble their goalkeeper often enough and despite good possession we always look stumped when it comes to finding a way past the opppositions back line.

Lloris -6- Had barely anything to do

Rose -6- Played decently
Vertonghen -7- Handled Giroud well all game
Kaboul -6- Too many long punts for my liking but solid enough at the back
Naughton -6- Maybe underrated because he did quite well today

Townsend -6- Had that lively 15 minute period from 60 minutes but didn't do enough in it. That cross for Chadli was dog poop.
Sandro -5- Slow off loading the ball and looked clumsy
Bentaleb -5- Not good enough in the advanced areas as he looked too scared to shoot. Once he dropped back into the DM role he looked much better.
Chadli -6- Great first half but faded after that chance where he should've scored.
Eriksen -5- Wasted out wide and looked tired.

Ade -7- Huffed and puffed but ultimately was controlled by Mertesacker and Koscielny.

TS -6- Side worked out quite well and we seemed to cope better with their counter attacks after the first 20 minutes. His decision to drop Bentaleb back and bring on a more attacking player was good but I think the decision to go 442 worked against us for those last 5-10 minutes.

Don't think either team did enough to deserve the win but in all honesty we were the better of the two teams. Still though we didn't trouble their goalkeeper often enough and despite good possession we always look stumped when it comes to finding a way past the opppositions back line.

Vertonghen a 7? wow.

Lloris - 7- quick off his line a number of times, could do nothing about the goal.

Naughton - 7- played very well going forward, wasn't really tested defensively today though
Kaboul - 6.5 - looked decent, little rusty but he's coming back into it.
Vertonghen - 6- not sure I like his attitude, but he was decent.
Rose - 6.5- had an alright say, was caught forward once or twice but I think that's just the way he's told to play.

Defensive tactics - 3 a high Line? Against arsenal? How ****ing macaronic can you be. Especially considering the number of games it take to get use to the system.

Chadli - 6.5 decent in the first half, faded second, should have taken his clear chance though.
Erikson - 7 - looked good in the first half, also faded in the second though, didn't get involved as much.
Sandro - 7.5 - he just makes the whole team look better, needs to work a bit on his passing, bUt the interceptions and winning the second ball are just vital.
Bentelab - 5 - honestly can't remember him doing anything. Which is a bad sign for a midfielder.
Townsend - 7.5 - made good runs, created opportunities, linked very well with naughton. Lennon would be a massive step backwards.

Adebayor - 8 - made good runs, linked with everyone, put in the effort. This is the ade we need.

All in all? A 1-0 loss to arsenal with a performance like that is not a reason to hate on Sherwood. Were there things to improve? Yes, but it was a good performance. Need to get us starting from the kick off though.

Sometimes I wonder what game people have been watching, lloris 'nothing to do', apart from making a crucial save or two.

Lloris - 6

Naughton - 7
Vertonghen - 5
Kaboul - 6
Rose - 6.5

Townsend - 7
Benteleb - 6
Sandro - 6
Chadli - 6.5

Eriksen - 6
Adebayor - 8

subs = **** off.

Lloris - 7
Naughton - 7
Kaboul - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Rose - 6
Townsend - 6
Sandro - 7
Bentaleb - 7
Eriksen - 7
Chadli - 7
Adebayor - 7

Thought we played okay, just baffling to play bentaleb, guy offers nothing and he plays him in the biggest games... and then refuses to take him off and take our most creative player off inctead, don't acre Eriksen played thursday, didn't look tired to me.

Stuff ratings, more about looking forward, Naughton is actually pretty solid at right back... if he's up for backup he might be wroth sticking with. Rose too as long as he's okay being a back up.
Bentaleb only because he;s young and MAY develop.

Townsend, Chadli, Sigg can all go for me!

lloris 6
naughton8 hes more solid then walker
kaboul 7
verts 6
rose 5
bentalob 7
sandro6
towsend 4 hes rubbish he kept running into defenders
chadli 7 best game for us
erikson7 just when he got into the game he gets taken off
ade 7 worked hard

stupid subs bringing on siggy for erikson

All in all? A 1-0 loss to arsenal with a performance like that is not a reason to hate on Sherwood. Were there things to improve? Yes, but it was a good performance. Need to get us starting from the kick off though.

Agree but playing Erikson out wide doesn't work, does it? And leaving Soldado on the bench was unfathomable: Ade had plenty of knockdowns, but there was no-one to collect or win the second ball. Decent shift by everyone but how we miss the VDV type creativity!

Sherwood - 4 Tactically inept substitute decisions.

Eriksen should have played whole game. Siggurdsson was invisible when he came on. Jenasinho continues to regress whilst don't get me started at being 1-0 down and waiting till the 82nd minute to bring on an extra striker.

Man of the Match - The cold beer I had before kickoff

Worthy mention - Chadli, continues to show improvement and it seems the most likely amongst many that will create or get on the score sheet out of the non strikers in open play.

Should have brought on Soldado on the hour for Bentelab, moved Eriksen alongside Sandro.

Last edited:
I deliberately waited till I'd calmed down before doing these, a loss to them lot is never going to go down well.

Lloris - 7 - a spectator for most of the match, but was sharp when called upon and no rash moments today
Naughton - 7 - I've been impressed in recent weeks. Very much better at right-back than left back
Kaboul - 6 - Looked solid
Vertonghen - 5 - switched off for the first goal, why as a professional do you not come into a game focussed? Unforgivable
Rose - 5 - Our left flank has been a liability all season. Absolutely criminal that we didn't address left-back in either the summer or January transfer windows
Bentaleb - 6 - Decent, kept possession well, particularly in the 2nd half
Sandro - 5 - Looks rusty, clumsy and not the composed figure he looked last season and before
Townsend - 5 - His decision making really needs to buck up if he isn't to turn into a more wasteful version of Lennon
Chadli - 6 - Would have got a 7 had he scored, he looked lively, maybe one to give a run in the side and see if he's worth keeping next season
Eriksen - 6 - Looked likeliest to make something happen, but he needs to be played in the No10 role
Ade - 8 - We pumped a lot of long passes and crosses towards him. The fact that they turned into passes and crosses and not aimless punts is pretty much down the extraordinary performance of this guy, taking everything down and pretty much bullied the Arsenal backline all game. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side as he was the best player on the pitch for both teams

Paulinho - 4 - This guy is absolutely useless
Sigursson - 4 - So is this guy
Soldado - N/A

LLORIS: 7 - one very good save and zero brainfarts equals a good overall performance

NAUGHTON: 7 - better defensively than his namesake, gets caught out of position on the odd occasion but is solid enough and did well today
KABOUL: 6 - his best performance in a while, but caught out once or twice and lacks discipline every now and then
VERTONGHEN: 5 - overall display was decent but he was partly to blame for their goal and also was criminally bad in the buildup to Ox-Chamberlain's chance. Also lucky not to give away a penalty for his thickness
ROSE: 5 - he was poor again. Overly dramatic too

SANDRO: 6 - did okay but his incompetence on the ball is infuriating at times
BENTALEB: 5 - game just passes him by. Still not sure what his purpose is

TOWNSEND: 6 - showed hunger for first time in a while and drove at them well enough but his end product is abysmal!
CHADLI: 5 - urgh, poor choice to play the number 10 role, not creative at all, does no linking up and he spurned a sitter
ERIKSEN: 5 - flitted in and out of the game, very peripheral. If he's not putting in good deliveries from set pieces then he's ineffective at the moment. Wasted on the left

ADEBAYOR: 8 - knew he would turn up today and he obliged. Such a shame his teammates were so poor and offered little support. He'll have a sore neck after the constant long balls up to him, but was a nuisance throughout and led the line as well as we could have hoped

PAULINHO: 4 - don't get me started...
SIGURDSSON: 4 - another one-trick pony. So average
SOLDADO: N/A - not enough time (to be bad)

SHERWOOD: 5 - when we bothered passing our approach play was good, but we resorted to long balls far too often against a giant in their defence and our insistence on employing the high line is a mad decision.

Back