• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Premier League Player of the Year Awards 2016/17

Jordinho

Martin Peters
Staff member
PFA Players' Player of the Year:

Hazard
Ibrahimovic
Kane
Kante
Lukaku
Sanchez

PFA Young Player of the Year:

Alli
Kane
Keane
Lukaku
Pickford
Sane

Zlatan will obviously win it because his name is Zlatan and he plays for Manure.

And Dele for the kids award; although Lukaku has had a great season too.

These are the six players that have gotten the most votes in each category. You'll have to ask their fellow professionals why they're so stupid.

You seem to be a man in the know on these things, so how does it work now? Everyone voted to get this shortlist and now everyone votes again out of this 6? Also is it for calendar year 2016 or for season 16/17?

You seem to be a man in the know on these things, so how does it work now? Everyone voted to get this shortlist and now everyone votes again out of this 6? Also is it for calendar year 2016 or for season 16/17?

Voting is done and the award show is next Sunday according to their web site.

Voting is done and the award show is next Sunday according to their web site.

Ok so no more voting, the winner is already decided. They prob finished voting in Feb or something, which means if it's a season award for 16/17, they're voting before a third of the season has been played?

Zlatan will obviously win it because his name is Zlatan and he plays for Manure.

And Dele for the kids award; although Lukaku has had a great season too.

It is between Pickford/Ali/Lukaku for me

Lukaku will win it if Golden Boot

Ok so no more voting, the winner is already decided. They prob finished voting in Feb or something, which means if it's a season award for 16/17, they're voting before a third of the season has been played?

I'm sure that I've read that the votes are compiled in March. In previous years players have been asked to give their 'team of the year' from last season. I guess that they are also asked to give their 'player of the year' choice too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...aptain-picked-SEVEN-Leicester-City-stars.html

That is a link to a Daily Mail article featuring John Terry's 'Team of the Year'. I didn't know such a combination of bile could exist as to pair the Daily Mail with John Terry but....

I think Eriksen should be on the list, he's been on top form this season. I think he's been our best player.

The whole thing seems a shambles to me, I can never seem to get to the bottom of the process and timeline for voting etc every year. I'm probably just looking in the wrong places.

Like you say, in this day and age I don't see why they can't knock this voting out in the last week of the season?

He had a poor first half of the season. It has only been since Christmas that he's picked up his game and become more influential.

Maybe I'm just thinking of his impact this season. Our best form has been post Christmas. I don't think that's a coincidence. Alli would be in second place this season, with a fight between Walker & Kane for third.

Back