• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mourinho criticises his own players

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
The manager who has won the European cup 3 times and several league titles in different countries criticised some of his players saying some of them go missing in games against lesser teams.

What an idiot, he may have more experience then me and won more stuff then I have ever or will ever do but to criticise your own players. You are never allowed to do that.

Let the vile and abuse start towards Mourinho, think some of you can just cut and paste what you wrote about Sherwood when he did the same.

So tell me what is the difference between the highest ranked manager in the world doing it? and our guy doing it.

Let me say again if LVG is available then to me it is a no brainer and we should go for him, but some of the things people are having a go at Sherwood for, there playing the man and not the ball. Even Mourinho feels it is right to criticise his players at times.

Let him continue I say, so he leaves Chelsea and we can offer him the job, again. ;)

I agreed with what Sherwood said at Stamford Bridge just not the part of "There's some players I trust and there's some I don't"

8UDP3LT.gif

Still, if Sherwood wins today then I have to say I'm willing to look at him again.

But so many people came out and not just on here that you can not criticise your players. I have sent an email to the BBC and asking if Linker will say anything about Mourinho.

Let him continue I say, so he leaves Chelsea and we can offer him the job, again. ;)

I agreed with what Sherwood said at Stamford Bridge just not the part of "There's some players I trust and there's some I don't"

Still, if Sherwood wins today then I have to say I'm willing to look at him again.

It sounded a bit desperate at the time. A more experienced manager may have delivered the same message to players with more cool. But what I don't get is why people do not see the above bold quote as just another rip off of Fergie's sealed envelope naming the player he trust. A trick that Rodgers in/famously copied himself at pool. No one knows who's in the envelope, but no one wants to be that player. That is the theory. And Sherwood was doing the same thing. Isn't that obvious?

But so many people came out and not just on here that you can not criticise your players. I have sent an email to the BBC and asking if Linker will say anything about Mourinho.

Not sure about that. It was more the way Sherwood did it. Unlike Sherwood though, Mourinho isn't simply winging it. He's more than happy to take the blame if he feels that is more beneficial.

No it's true and I agree with you. Remember the media BS that came out after AVB said the players should be "ashamed" after the 6-0 at City?

Yet when some cor-blimey-me-old-china-plate English manager does the same he should be knighted!

There's an embarrassing bias culture in this country, getting rid of Ian Wright was like taking a drop out of the ocean. Also the media have licked Jose's rusty sheriff badge since day one

Basically, everything Mourinho says is part of some perfectly planned psychological operation -- AND NEVER because he is a petulant pr1ck when his team loses. I'm pretty sure even the 1-0 defeat was part of the plan, such is his genius.

MOTD 2 Extra are now discussing this.

They too have noted how Mourinho does get fair bit of favouritism and that when Sherwood does the same we here him get lambasted for it.

Not sure about that. It was more the way Sherwood did it. Unlike Sherwood though, Mourinho isn't simply winging it. He's more than happy to take the blame if he feels that is more beneficial.

Oh I see it was the way Sherwood said it. Ok I understand the difference now.

Mourinho has authority. Timmeh is a YTS acting above his pay grade.

Just playing devils advocate, but being an ex player who knows what it takes to win the PL it could be said that Sherwood is more in tune with how players attitudes should be on the field of play. He has experienced that first hand. Mourinho hasn't.

Just playing devils advocate, but being an ex player who knows what it takes to win the PL it could be said that Sherwood is more in tune with how players attitudes should be on the field of play. He has experienced that first hand. Mourinho hasn't.

The 80s and 90s was a very different age. More blood, thunder and drinking culture, less technique and psychology.

If anything, being out of the game at the top level for more than a decade, Timmeh is the throwback, even though he is 5-6 years younger than Mourinho.

I doubt any of our international player have ever heard of him or Blackburn before - most aren't old enough.

Timmeh is the throwback.

I'm not a huge fan of Sherwood the man or the manager... but the way you and Scaramanga continually snipe and whine and criticise has made me support him more and more over the last few weeks.

You two are such poisonous 'fans' it makes me want Sherwood to succeed more than ever.

The 80s and 90s was a very different age. More blood, thunder and drinking culture, less technique and psychology.

If anything, being out of the game at the top level for more than a decade, Timmeh is the throwback, even though he is 5-6 years younger than Mourinho.

I doubt any of our international player have ever heard of him or Blackburn before - most aren't old enough.

Professional footballers think much the same. And the mental pressures they are subject to as a season plays out haven't varied too much with the decades.

I'm not a huge fan of Sherwood the man or the manager... but the way you and Scaramanga continually snipe and whine and criticise has made me support him more and more over the last few weeks.

You two are such poisonous 'fans' it makes me want Sherwood to succeed more than ever.

Indeed.
I don't want Sherwood to stay past summer and have doubts over his present abilities but, stone me, two Gooners on the forum would give our manager less stick than these two.
And be far far less pompously self-righteous as they did so.

To be fair to Sherwood, its a normal tool to motivate, sometimes you need the stick to get people going. Other times you use praise, surely the players understand this and know themselves how they performed, if they are decent professionals. We all need a kick up the backside to get going at times, if you respect your manager it may even get the best out of you.

To be fair to Sherwood, its a normal tool to motivate, sometimes you need the stick to get people going. Other times you use praise, surely the players understand this and know themselves how they performed, if they are decent professionals. We all need a kick up the backside to get going at times, if you respect your manager it may even get the best out of you.

Therein lies the rub.

Moaninho backs his players, has a winning mentality and won league and tournament titles.

Tim is a newbie manager who won the EPL in it's infancy.

Wonder who players would respond more to.

Back