• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Just back from the Britannia

paxtonwolf

Tony Marchi
Get in. What a good 3 points that was, but Jesus H..we dont half make hard work of things dont we?

Last seasons away day there was one of the favourites of recent seasons, so was always going to struggle to match it, but was still a good day out, despite having a few frights in the last 15/20mins.

First and foremost though, hats off to Tim Sherwood, credit where its due, stuck with his recent winning combination, bar one change, but for me, got every sub right, although I woud have brought Townsend on at HT. Got the Rose change spot in, another 5/10 mins and he might have been off.

Good light-hearted following from the travelling Spurs fans, not quite in full-voice mode, but good enough, and got some welcome recognition from TS at the end.
It never comes across the same typing it, as hearing it on the day, but the guy in front of us was so funny shouting (a-la-Partridge 'Dan') "Asmir, Asmir, Asmir, we're coming for you" repeatedly for about 5 mins.

Then some Stoke fan sat with his lad decided he wanted to try and give it large on his own to the Spurs faithful only to get the obligatory "Sit down shut up" when he did, his son turned his back on him to face the opposite way in shame, to which the bloke got a humourous "You son's disowned you, your disowned you" followed by "Your sons a Yiddo, your sons a yiddo"...he wasnt impressed

Moments like that just make awaydays that much better

Hughes blaming the ref, saying he guessed too many decisions, I honestly thought he did pretty good

Hughes blaming the ref, saying he guessed too many decisions, I honestly thought he did pretty good

Whereas the linesman on the the dugout touchline was shocking, had one of his decisons over-ruled by the ref, missed a few balls going out of touch, and on one decision, didnt even flag as he basically had no idea which way to award the throw

First and foremost though, hats off to Tim Sherwood, credit where its due, stuck with his recent winning combination, bar one change, but for me, got every sub right, although I woud have brought Townsend on at HT. Got the Rose change spot in, another 5/10 mins and he might have been off.

While I have no qualms with the Rose substitution and also believe that Sherwood was right there, the other two were just hopeless IMHO.

Siggy? WTF? We were a man up and needed to keep the ball, move it around and tire them out. The game was crying for Bentaleb playing just in front of Paulinho; the kid is probably the best player we have to make a short pass, receive the ball back and recycle safely.

Then as we got more and more squeezed, Stoke lauched wave after wave through the middle - Sandro was the ideal choice instead of Paulinho who was invisible in the second half.

While I have no qualms with the Rose substitution and also believe that Sherwood was right there, the other two were just hopeless IMHO.

Siggy? WTF? We were a man up and needed to keep the ball, move it around and tire them out. The game was crying for Bentaleb playing just in front of Paulinho; the kid is probably the best player we have to make a short pass, receive the ball back and recycle safely.

Then as we got more and more squeezed, Stoke lauched wave after wave through the middle - Sandro was the ideal choice instead of Paulinho who was invisible in the second half.

In hindsight I think I will concede the Siggy one. During the match I just felt we didnt need another DM, more a creative, goal threat to grab the 2nd. I actually thought he might have switched at HT because I thought Chadli was carrying an injury from the earlier tackle.
Looking back now, yes Bentaleb/Sandro would have been a far better change
Fryers for Rose was bang on.
And as you rightly say, Lennon should gone off way earlier, again even HT possibly. I have been a fan of Lennon, but quite frankly that was the worst I have seen him play, it was bad enough him constantly hitting the ball at oppo's leg, but I watched him a lot off the ball, and at times he just looked static and disinterested. Come on Aaron you are better than that.

Another win but yet again no style, formation or tactics! Only two more to go and it'll be all over!

We're 1-0 up against 10 men, their blood is up, the wind is blowing, the crowd are going nuts and they are having a good 15 minutes...and most people in the OMT were calling for SPURS to bring on a DM, meaning the team moves backwards 10 feet and sets a rearguard in front of the D.

Against 10 men Stoke?? Seriously? Have you all lost your minds? With our dodgy defence and the wind blowing a gale in Hugo's face...you want to move BACK? And you also want to sabotage our offensive threat in the process?

On top of which, this is precisely the kind of tactic that when it goes wrong and they score people say: "This always happens when you sit back!"

The correct sub at that point was an OFFENSIVE player. You are Spurs fans, not Palace fans! Can we please break this goddam fever about AVB-style tactics with DM's and "platforms" and scared football? All that fukking nonsense. You are all more conservative than our coach, which is frightening.

Some people are making a fairer criticism: why not Bentaleb rather than Siggy? That's a fair point. But:

a) Neither of them are a DM, which is what half the OMT were screaming for.
b) Who's more likely to score the crucial second, Ben or Siggy?

I might have put Ben on myself, but the idea of Siggy popping up with one of those late goals - how many has he scored for us? - might well have tempted me to him. Tight call.

Finally:

Spurs are 6th.

Stoke are 10th.

Some people are making it sound like we're Real and they're Acrington Stanley.

Get in. What a good 3 points that was, but Jesus H..we dont half make hard work of things dont we?

Last seasons away day there was one of the favourites of recent seasons, so was always going to struggle to match it, but was still a good day out, despite having a few frights in the last 15/20mins.

Good light-hearted following from the travelling Spurs fans, not quite in full-voice mode, but good enough, and got some welcome recognition from TS at the end.
It never comes across the same typing it, as hearing it on the day, but the guy in front of us was so funny shouting (a-la-Partridge 'Dan') "Asmir, Asmir, Asmir, we're coming for you" repeatedly for about 5 mins.

Then some Stoke fan sat with his lad decided he wanted to try and give it large on his own to the Spurs faithful only to get the obligatory "Sit down shut up" when he did, his son turned his back on him to face the opposite way in shame, to which the bloke got a humourous "You son's disowned you, your disowned you" followed by "Your sons a Yiddo, your sons a yiddo"...he wasnt impressed

Moments like that just make awaydays that much better

Very interesting to hear from someone actually at the ground that you felt he got all the subs right. He was being panned on here for his subs!!!

Guess one mans meat etc etc

We're 1-0 up against 10 men, their blood is up, the wind is blowing, the crowd are going nuts and they are having a good 15 minutes...and most people in the OMT were calling for SPURS to bring on a DM, meaning the team moves backwards 10 feet and sets a rearguard in front of the D.

Against 10 men Stoke?? Seriously? Have you all lost your minds? With our dodgy defence and the wind blowing a gale in Hugo's face...you want to move BACK? And you also want to sabotage our offensive threat in the process?

On top of which, this is precisely the kind of tactic that when it goes wrong and they score people say: "This always happens when you sit back!"

The correct sub at that point was an OFFENSIVE player. You are Spurs fans, not Palace fans! Can we please break this goddam fever about AVB-style tactics with DM's and "platforms" and scared football? All that fukking nonsense. You are all more conservative than our coach, which is frightening.

Some people are making a fairer criticism: why not Bentaleb rather than Siggy? That's a fair point. But:

a) Neither of them are a DM, which is what half the OMT were screaming for.
b) Who's more likely to score the crucial second, Ben or Siggy?

I might have put Ben on myself, but the idea of Siggy popping up with one of those late goals - how many has he scored for us? - might well have tempted me to him. Tight call.

Finally:

Spurs are 6th.

Stoke are 10th.

Some people are making it sound like we're Real and they're Acrington Stanley.

Excellent points sir. Well said. You are so often the voice of reason.

Back