• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I hate Celtic

Real Madrid are up there too! Bank rolled by the banks, who cancelled their debts, so that they can live in false glory. They play the game by different rules.

Arsenal are lucky too; lasagne, dodgy reserve keeper etc

wouldnt say i hate them but that sort of luck is something tottenham would never, ever get. Well actually what would happen is we would get the CL place, then said team would appeal on a technicality and win and then we would be more gutted because of the "c*cktease*

If we fielded an ineligible player for four minutes at the end of a match we would be kicked out of Europe for 75 years, be forced to issue a public apology to Sol Campbell for our racist behaviour in kicking up a fuss when he moved to Arsenal and Chelsea would get a bye into the semi finals of the Champions League.

Legia Warsaw are trying to appeal to Celtics sense of sportsmanship and play a one off tie to decide who gets through. Good luck with that with the ammount of money involved!

Legia Warsaw are trying to appeal to Celtics sense of sportsmanship and play a one off tie to decide who gets through. Good luck with that with the ammount of money involved!

just seen this on the bbc now. are legia having a laugh? :lol:

There is a precedent for this: in 1992 Leeds were knocked out of the Inaugural Champions League by Stuttgart who fielded an ineligible player. They played a one-off extra tie which Leeds won 2-1.

They are the luckiest club in the world and utter ba*stards

I'm a Celtic Supporter through and through, since I seen my first Celtic game against Spurs back in 1967 i've shouted for Spurs all the way, and will continue to do so.

Don't call me an ' utter bastard ' when you don't ****ing know me, ok.

I'm a Celtic Supporter through and through, since I seen my first Celtic game against Spurs back in 1967 i've shouted for Spurs all the way, and will continue to do so.

:eek:

Well I was calling the club that and if you back the club on this issue then yes you are. Celtic were well beaten and a sub with 4 minutes to go does not change that. If it were spurs I would be saying the same thing.

The is a quote about this club that it is more important to go out and beat the other lot rather then wait for them to die of boredom. I would add another that it is better to win honestly or not win at all.

Celtic have behaved badly if it were spurs and we did the same I would not watch for the rest of that campaign. I want to see my team win but I despite many personal faults am not and will never be a cheat. I guess we just have a different moral code.

It was not our decision, sweet nothing to do do with us.

A UEFA official noticed the discrepancy and notified both clubs on the Thursday then held there own meeting on the Friday before the CL draw and made there decision.

At no time were Celtic involved in this at anytime regards the outcome.

If it makes you feel better I would give Legia the tie NO PROB, they ****ed up big time and have already sacked the person involved (club secretary), so that says it all.

Rightly or wrongly they played a suspended player for two poxy minutes when the tie was over, thems the rules.

**** happens and it's sweet FA to do with us, nothing.

It was not our decision, sweet nothing to do do with us.

A UEFA official noticed the discrepancy and notified both clubs on the Thursday then held there own meeting on the Friday before the CL draw and made there decision.

At no time were Celtic involved in this at anytime regards the outcome.

If it makes you feel better I would give Legia the tie NO PROB, they ****ed up big time and have already sacked the person involved (club secretary), so that says it all.

Rightly or wrongly they played a suspended player for two poxy minutes when the tie was over, thems the rules.

**** happens and it's sweet FA to do with us, nothing.

No Celtic could have gone to UEFA and said it had no bearing on the tie and that Leiga were the rightful winners but they did not they showed the same disgusting attitude you have shown.

No Celtic could have gone to UEFA and said it had no bearing on the tie and that Leiga were the rightful winners but they did not they showed the same disgusting attitude you have shown.

Actually mate, no they couldn't. Despite what you may think, it's not up to individual clubs to decide whether or not to apply UEFA rules. Are you seriously suggesting it's right for any club to say "Actually no, this rule isn't going to apply in this case" whether they benefit or not is irrelevant. What happens in the next round against Maribor if Legia were to qualify AGAINST THE RULES and win? Would that be fair on them?

It's completely unfair on Legia. No question about that. But to suggest that Celtic had anything to do with that injustice, or have the power to overturn it? That's nonsense of the highest order and you must be smart enough to know that.

Imagine if Celtic fail again and lose out to Maribor.. that would be hilarious at which point I think Celtic should take a season of from football because the league is sewn up and all the interest this season is in the Scottish championship with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs.

Actually mate, no they couldn't. Despite what you may think, it's not up to individual clubs to decide whether or not to apply UEFA rules. Are you seriously suggesting it's right for any club to say "Actually no, this rule isn't going to apply in this case" whether they benefit or not is irrelevant. What happens in the next round against Maribor if Legia were to qualify AGAINST THE RULES and win? Would that be fair on them?

It's completely unfair on Legia. No question about that. But to suggest that Celtic had anything to do with that injustice, or have the power to overturn it? That's nonsense of the highest order and you must be smart enough to know that.

Actually mate

I am talking about their behaviour. I remember when Fowler stopped a ref giving a penalty because he had tripped over his own feet. What Celtic should have done is come out and said that the sub made no impact on the result of the game and put pressure on UEFA to do the right thing.

I feel strongly on matters like these and before anyone doubts my motives I was one of the ones saying I would quit supporting this club and be behind the FC Tottenham had we ever moved to the Olympic stadium. Fair play and doing things the right way are how it should be done. But then Celtic have never been like that as a clubs so I am not surprised.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I completely agree that "Fair play and doing things the right way are how it should be done". But I don't agree that clubs should be able to pressure the competition organisers to change the rules on a case-by-case basis. Even if it's in the interests of perceived fair play. Not every case will be as cut-and-dried as this one, which is why eligibility rules can't be flexible.

It's not up to Celtic to award another team an exemption from the rules. You talk about quitting supporting Spurs if they were ever in this situation? Frankly if football gets to the place where teams get to pick and choose which rules get applied, that's the time I stop watching the sport altogether. As I say though, we're all free to hold alternative views.

Back