• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europe's Top 50, who could we get?

SpurMeUp

Les Howe
The full top 50 and their Bloomberg ratings:

1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) 91.25

2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 91.16

3. Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich) 89.27

4. Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund) 89.10

5. Andrea Pirlo (Juventus) 88.62

6. Robin van Persie (Manchester United) 88.14

7. Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus) 87.46

8. Marek Hamsik (Napoli) 87.01

9. Gareth Bale (Tottenham) 87.01

10. Santiago Cazorla (Arsenal) 86.37

11. Arturo Vidal (Juventus) 86.19

12. Marouane Fellaini (Everton) 85.92

13. Maxime Gonalons (Lyon) 85.89

14. Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich) 85.88

15. Luis Suarez (Liverpool) 85.49

16. Leighton Baines (Everton) 85.11

17. Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid) 84.75

18. Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham) 84.25

19. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich) 83.96

20. Edinson Cavani (Napoli) 83.78

21. Rafael (Manchester United) 83.33

22. Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich) 83.19

23. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris Saint Germain) 82.91

24. Juan Mata (Chelsea) 82.26

25. Xavi (Barcelona) 81.97

26. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) 81.95

27. Kwadwo Asamoah (Juventus) 81.51

28. Christian Abbiati (AC Milan) 81.27

29. Christian Benteke Aston Villa 81.03

30. Falcao (Atletico Madrid) 80.78

31. Dante (Bayern Munich) 80.52

32. Mario Gotze (Borussia Dortmund) 80.39

33. Hugo Campagnaro (Napoli) 80.10

34. Jefferson Farfan (Schalke) 79.89

35. Oliver Sorg (Freiburg) 79.72

36. Erik Lamela (Roma) 79.56

37. Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund) 79.11

38. Phillipp Lahm (Bayern Munich) 78.54

39. Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid) 78.52

40. Dani Alves (Barcelona) 78.15

41. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Saint Etienne) 77.98

42. Yaya Toure (Emirates Marketing Project) 77.86

43. Kevin Constant (AC Milan) 77.81

44. Stefan Kiessling (Bayer Leverkusen) 77.42

45. Mikel Arteta (Arsenal) 77.26

46. Simon Mignolet (Sunderland) 76.87

47. Antonio Di Natale (Udinese) 76.55

48. Alexander Meier (Eintracht Frankfurt) 76.21

49. Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille) 76.06

50. Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover) 75.88

Marek Hamšík, a little under the radar now. But according to these stats, as good as Bale. Would like us to try and temp him - he and his family have been mugged at knife point twice recently, so maybe a time to get in there. I think he would fit in well.

Erik Lamela looks like he's got a big future.

Reality is, we need to find the next Lamela...over to you Baldini. Has Baldini been officially signed himself?

Very few of those players that we would want that we could get I think.

More interesting that there are quite a lot of players on that list that have been gettable (and even sold) for reasonable amounts in the recent past. Probably not all of those could have been signed by us at the time as bigger clubs went for them, but great deals are there to be made if we can just identify the players.

I reckon we could get that Dutch fella, Vertongen or whatever. And maybe the boy Bale.

No-one else.

Fellaini
Baines
Benteke
Sorg
Lamela
Aubaymayeng
Meier
Zieler

hmm maybe not Baines and Fellani but id imagine the guys playing abroad would welcome a move to the premiership (and with it the wage rise as well)

I imagine we could get one or two.
Lists are great. They have 3 hour TV shows about lists.

So true! Cheap TV. Someone's production company coins it from those shows.

Talking of lists, Spurs will have one. ITKs have not really thought this through and bull-alluded to it yet, but we will have primary, secondary targets for each position. Of course how things pan out must be different, only oil endowed clubs can pick and choose in this county. But we have a plan. I wonder who is on Spurs internal list? We can more or less figure out which positions the list will cover, but it must also be fluid, if and when we sell players or get offered new names.

It seems plausible that the list would cover Striker, Wide Forward, Midfielder probably in that order, do you think?

Ideally we'd have had Baldini in place a couple of months ago. Still we picked out some talent last summer without him. Who would be on your list? Given a £20m budget, plus anything from player sales.

Last edited:
So true! Cheap TV. Someone's production company coins it from those shows.

Talking of lists, Spurs will have one. ITKs have not really thought this through and bull-alluded to it yet, but we will have primary, secondary targets for each position. Of course how things pan out must be different, only oil endowed clubs can pick and choose in this county. But we have a plan. I wonder who is on Spurs internal list? We can more or less figure out which positions the list will cover, but it must also be fluid, if and when we sell players or get offered new names.

It seems plausible that the list would cover Striker, Wide Forward, Midfielder probably in that order, do you think?

Ideally we'd have had Baldini in place a couple of months ago. Still we picked out some talent last summer without him. Who would be on your list? Given a £20m budget, plus anything from player sales.

Absolutely.

JD was much improved this season but what he does is great when it comes off in streaks but when those streaks end he does not contribute enough to help others score.

BAE is our wide influence but is inconsistent and for one reason or another he has often been benched by AVB.

Midfield creative? One of them would do as well.

I think AVB sees his team as ideally being this:

LLORIS
WALKER KABOUL VERTONGHEN XXXXXX
SANDRO DEMBELE
XXXXXXX
BALE XXXXXX XXXXXX​

I think AVB sees his team as ideally being this:

LLORIS
WALKER KABOUL VERTONGHEN XXXXXX
SANDRO DEMBELE
XXXXXXX
BALE XXXXXX XXXXXX​

Yeah.
We have some great squad options but top class XXXXs could really cook us up to easy top three maybe better.

LLORIS
WALKER KABOUL VERTONGHEN EKOTTO
SANDRO DEMBELE
PJANIC
BALE SOLDADO BERNARD​

Please.

Villa and Bernard would do nicely for the other front two places. If 433 is the way AVB goes next season then I think Lennon could become a disposable asset.

Villa and Bernard would do nicely for the other front two places. If 433 is the way AVB goes next season then I think Lennon could become a disposable asset.

whilst i can see him losing his place in the starting line up id imagine we'd be looking to keep him in the squad, can't see us ever actively looking to sell him

If we need to raise the cash then he's an option though. I think Townsend(right) and Dempsey(left) fit better into those three attacking places.

If we could get Villa, Valbuena, Digne and some squad players, we'd be outside title contenders. We have a real opportunity to push on.

What do you know!?

Tottenham Hotspur put Argentine Erik Lamela on their list of targets as PSG step up interest in Andre Villas-Boas
Tottenham Hotspur are considering making a bid for the highly-rated Argentine forward Erik Lamela as the Premier League club faces a fight to keep head coach Andre Villas-Boas.

Article link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...SG-step-up-interest-in-Andre-Villas-Boas.html

Can't see Roma letting him go easily. He was their outstanding player at the end of the season apparently, one positive in their team. Think we'd only sign him if we sold Bale. But I get the impression, we're looking to make a special signing - to show intent to the two wanted ones.

Back