• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Another big window for Levy in my opinion. He didn't back AVB fully in the last window. In all honesty, we don't need that much, 1 or 2 players.

I think that getting rid of some dead wood in January might also free-up enough cash to go after the one or two players we need to bolster the squad.

But even if we don't bring anyone new into the club, having Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Scott Parker and Younes Kaboul available for the second half of the season would be like signing three new players.

Interesting Quote from BBC Article (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20793698)

"With the new £3bn TV rights deal starting in July, Premier League clubs have a clear vision of their income for the next three years and know they've got a big ability to spend a lot of money."

I think Levy has to take a risk this time, Pool is going to improve eventually, Scum continue to be inconsistent, now is the time to back the manager (his choice, long term appointment).

now's the time to break in the CL for sure - isn't tv money for that doubling in a season or so as well?

Levy has done well, but one league cup in 12 years isn't exceptional.

We'd have been better off with an Abrahamovic or Mansour, we've slipped in the London pecking order to 3rd under ENIC which hurts. Still a lot of good has happened, a lot of excellent football played, some class players signed, but we need trophies.

We were already third in the London pecking order by the time that Levy took over.

Chelsea had enjoyed a number of years of moderate success with the likes of Gullit, Vialli, Zola, Desailly etc. They were already streets ahead of us before Abramovich.

More importantly, in terms of league performance we were only a mid table club, averaging a final position of about 10th - 12th.

Now we're 4th - 5th. Big improvement under incredibly difficult circumstances (Chelsea's and City's unearned fortunes plus a Sky 4 with a massive, inbuilt financial advantage).

Interesting Quote from BBC Article (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20793698)

"With the new £3bn TV rights deal starting in July, Premier League clubs have a clear vision of their income for the next three years and know they've got a big ability to spend a lot of money."

I think Levy has to take a risk this time, Pool is going to improve eventually, Scum continue to be inconsistent, now is the time to back the manager (his choice, long term appointment).

hope levy looks back at last year and remembers that we needed just to convert a couple of draws into wins to have qualified for CL.

Erm, before last season we hadn't finished above Chelsea since 95/96.

Erm, we used to be a bigger club than Chelsea and were well ahead of them in the trophy table when Levy took over. For me in 2000 we were bigger than Chelsea still, now we're not.

Erm, we used to be a bigger club than Chelsea and were well ahead of them in the trophy table when Levy took over. For me in 2000 we were bigger than Chelsea still, now we're not.

Haha, what the fudge, I don't know what you expect, how the hell are we supposed to compete with Chelsea when they won the lottery, just like City. Can't blame anyone at Enic for that. And I'd rather have Levy in charge then sell my soul to the devil like those 2 clubs have

And how is that Levy's fault?

Anyone not happy with Levy need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Damn Levy for not being an unscrupulous and highly shady Russian oligarch with billions of brutally plundered rubles to spend on us. Damn him.

Haha, what the fudge, I don't know what you expect, how the hell are we supposed to compete with Chelsea when they won the lottery, just like City. Can't blame anyone at Enic for that. And I'd rather have Levy in charge then sell my soul to the devil like those 2 clubs have
ENIC have plenty of cash behind them, they simply refuse to spend it on us- that's their prerogative, but it means we have slipped to 3rd London club as I say. I'd far rather have owners like RA and the Sheiks in charge and be winning titles and the CL.

One league cup in 12 years isn't great and I'd rather that we had owners prepared to back the team financially- Levy is a smart guy, but Chelsea and City have beaten us by throwing huge amounts of money at their clubs. There's only so much that smart operating can do in the face of such fiscal superiority.

I tend to talk about ENIC rather than Levy, as Danny Boy can only do so much. As a businessman he's very clever, but without the necessary cash behind him, it's not enough to be ultra smart-

Let's also remember a bit more spending last Jan would probably have got us CL.

Last edited:
ENIC have plenty of cash behind them, they simply refuse to spend it on us- that's their prerogative, but it means we have slipped to 3rd London club as I say. I'd far rather have owners like RA and the Sheiks in charge and be winning titles and the CL.

One league cup in 12 years isn't great and I'd rather that we had owners prepared to back the team financially- Levy is a smart guy, but Chelsea and City have beaten us by throwing huge amounts of money at their clubs. There's only so much that smart operating can do in the face of such fiscal superiority.

I tend to talk about ENIC rather than Levy, as Danny Boy can only do so much. As a businessman he's very clever, but without the necessary cash behind him, it's not enough to be ultra smart-

We don't know that for sure. To be honest I don't think we needed to spend at all last January we were 10 points clear in 3rd our form dropped off so alarmingly in the second half of the season and I put that down to the manager taking his eye off the ball and the atmosphere around the club becoming a distraction, plus under utilisation of the wider squad including the likes of Defoe, kranjcar, pienaar, Sandro. We had more than enough to finish 3rd without any investment - the coaching team fudged it up (for the second season in a row) with horrendous form in the run-in. Even then we'd done enough to get CL in any other season (by finishing 4th)

I think that getting rid of some dead wood in January might also free-up enough cash to go after the one or two players we need to bolster the squad.

But even if we don't bring anyone new into the club, having Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Scott Parker and Younes Kaboul available for the second half of the season would be like signing three new players.

Cudicini gone thats £30k a week, looking like Jenas to Forest another £40k plus, thats £70k already

I don't understand how you can blame a company (or person) for not wishing to do what Abramovich and Mansour are doing. Sure, if someone wants to throw money at a football club for the fun of it that's their right and their fans will probably enjoy the experience, but to blame someone for not doing that?

First and foremost football is a game, a sport. Of course business has come along and recognised the shiny/glitzy product that it is and gone and sunk its fangs right in, but personally i like to think it's still about glory, triumphing against the odds, building something beautiful organically, along with fairplay and character.

The problem i have with owners like Monsour and Ambramavich is it is anti so many of them things. It aligns itself with the 'can't wait, must have it now now now, spend spend' instant sucess/gratification ugly trait that runs through modern society.(is this you JPG?) Its akin to dishing out all the purple/green/yellow properties to your self at the start of monopoly, it renders the game pointless. It like always fast forwarding to the end, the best bit, with not an ounce of contemplation of the ups and downs of how WE did it.

Sadly some people are rich enough that a whole football club is just another affordable product on the rack at their favourite shop. I am so glad that we have never been chosen, it will be so much sweeter when we achieve success. You might call it a tad romantic, but it's proper, the right way to go about it. (i even respect arsenal for this)We will f*cking deserve it WHEN it happens.

We can all f*ck a brass if we've got the money, and we can do it night after night but lets be honest it's soulless in the end, it's just a transaction, no romance, no love/hate, no ups and downs, no loyalty and no feeling.

The difference is the money Abramovich and the Sheikhs have is their own money, ENIC has to answer to shareholders and are a business, they can't just throw money around. You clearly don't have a clue about it, so stop banging on about it.
I like the way we're doing it, and wouldn't change it tbh.

The difference is the money Abramovich and the Sheikhs have is their own money, ENIC has to answer to shareholders and are a business, they can't just throw money around. You clearly don't have a clue about it, so stop banging on about it.
I like the way we're doing it, and wouldn't change it tbh.

Enic has to answer to their shareholders but are there any other than Levy (29%) and Lewis?

I agree that its better the way we do it. If Enic sells we can continue along the same lines. If Abramovich or Mansoor sold, Chelsea and City would face uncertain times.

We don't know that for sure. To be honest I don't think we needed to spend at all last January we were 10 points clear in 3rd our form dropped off so alarmingly in the second half of the season and I put that down to the manager taking his eye off the ball and the atmosphere around the club becoming a distraction, plus under utilisation of the wider squad including the likes of Defoe, kranjcar, pienaar, Sandro. We had more than enough to finish 3rd without any investment - the coaching team fudged it up (for the second season in a row) with horrendous form in the run-in. Even then we'd done enough to get CL in any other season (by finishing 4th)

Fair comments, we should have had enough, I agree. But the contrast with Chelsea is vivid. We both had CB problems they got in Cahill won the CL and FA Cup - we got Nelsen, won nowt and lost out on CL.

It's a matter of ambition and resources, under ENIC we can't match Chelsea, nor City or Utd

I don't understand how you can blame a company (or person) for not wishing to do what Abramovich and Mansour are doing. Sure, if someone wants to throw money at a football club for the fun of it that's their right and their fans will probably enjoy the experience, but to blame someone for not doing that?

I'm not blaming them, I say quite clearly 'that's their prerogative'. What I'm saying is while they're in charge we'll continue to miss out on the two big trophies, IMHO

While our record in the lesser trophies ain't great.

In 12 years under ENIC one lge cup

Go back twelve years bbefore ENIC, the 'barren years', we won TWICE as many trophies including an FA CUp. So while ENIC have done a good job overall, it's not been great.

HI Ricky, no it's not me, compared to most of my peers I am not materialistic. I've supported Spurs loyally for over 50 years as well and continue to do so.

I just don't buy into the idea that Levy ENIC have done a great job, because the trophy cabinet says 'no'. They have done well, but not great IMHO

Back