• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we make the top 4 or 5?

Can’t see it myself. Few injury’s in key areas and we look a bit short. Imagine Vicario injury. Fraser Forster is a worrying prospect.

We looked better going forward Saturday.
Brentford were missing a few and did create chances. We were decent compared to say Coventry game but there was still some really flakey defending. Especially 5/10 mins up to HT.

I just can’t see us keeping ball out of our own net enough to finish top 4.

You are right. We won't with defensive injuries, including Venom, Biss and Bents. We probably will though if we keep that spine intact.

chelsea is much improved imo. new coach likes to play with intensity which fits their players.
i believe they will be good for 4th
that leaves us, man u, villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to battle it for fourth.
i think its going to be tight. will be interesting to see what levy does if we don't get europe monies

chelsea is much improved imo. new coach likes to play with intensity which fits their players.
that leaves us, man u, villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to battle it for fourth.
i think its going to be tight. will be interesting to see what levy does if we don't get europe monies
Chelsea got battered vs Bournemouth
They did beat West Ham of course but West Ham are a shambles
They are, IMO, going to be up and down and a side
They have some talent for sure

Chelsea got battered vs Bournemouth
They did beat West Ham of course but West Ham are a shambles
They are, IMO, going to be up and down and a side
They have some talent for sure

They have talent for sure, that combined with the most ridiculous depth of bench (biggest squad of all the top teams)

The issues for them are
- No recognized top level striker
- Not a core group of senior players to lead/guide squad
- Inconsistency likely with amount young players
- Squad harmony/balance, hard to see a happy squad with 20+ players on the sideline

Impossible to predict

Do you mean 5th?

Do you mean 5th?
erm, no - i actually do think 4th. Emirates Marketing Project, arsenal, liverpool and chelsea .... then one of spurs, villa ir man u for fifth.

i've watched all their games so far and all i can say is that maresca is a very good coach, and got them playing some very good football. still a young team and capable of mistakes but they are clearly improved v last season.

same feeling that i had for arsenal 2 years ago (got flamed for that on here), but arsenal is now hard to watch because of their desperateness to win and over reliance on the dark arts.

of course pending injuries/fitness - it feels like there are more injuries/fitness issues lately

erm, no - i actually do think 4th. Emirates Marketing Project, arsenal, liverpool and chelsea .... then one of spurs, villa ir man u for fifth.

i've watched all their games so far and all i can say is that maresca is a very good coach, and got them playing some very good football. still a young team and capable of mistakes but they are clearly improved v last season.

same feeling that i had for arsenal 2 years ago (got flamed for that on here), but arsenal is now hard to watch because of their desperateness to win and over reliance on the dark arts.

of course pending injuries/fitness - it feels like there are more injuries/fitness issues lately
You said fourth for us, but you meant 5th

If you watched their games on genuinely surprised you rate them and highly because they have been up and down a lot

Emirates Marketing Project was a mixed bag for them
The Servette games were a mess
The wolves game they scored with every shot and was a freak
Palace was a weak draw
They were super lucky against Bournemouth
And they just beat a West Ham side who didn’t seem to know they were playing

I think they will be fin to watch but I’ve not seen any evidence of coaching or a plan so far

If you watched their games on genuinely surprised you rate them and highly because they have been up and down a lot

Palace was a weak draw

I think they will be fin to watch but I’ve not seen any evidence of coaching or a plan so far
Chelsea look like they will score a lot. That's the worry for me, they look very potent.

Odds:

Top 4 Finish 2024/25
Arsenal 1.08
Emirates Marketing Project 1.2
Liverpool 1.3
Chelsea 2.25
Tottenham 4.0
Aston Villa 4.33

Europa League winner
Tottenham 6.0
Man U 6.0
Athletic Bilbao 11.0
Roma 11.0

Last edited:

Palace was a weak draw

Chelsea look like they will score a lot. That's the worry for me, they look very potent.
They do … look at the wolves game where wolves could have won
They have good players and some very good ones
But… they still don’t have much structure and are defensively not sound
Remind me of us last year without the possesion

Based on the first few games I'd place the top 8 as follows:
1) City
2) Goons
3) Liverpool
4) Villa
5) Chelsea
6) us
7) Man U
8) Saudi Sportswashing Machine

But we can get top 4 I just think there have been 5 teams that have looked more convincing than us so far and they also have more depth in their squads. We saw this last season that while our first XI is capable of giving anyone a game, there is a quality drop off if we pick up injuries. Maddison for me is also key to our season. If he stays fit and consistent through the season i think we will be in with a strong shout.

Of course we can. If we will is a different question.

Quite optimistic for the season, though quite a bit will depend on how well the squad does and quite a bit of that will depend on some very young players.

1) City
2) Goons
3) Liverpool
4) Villa
5) Chelsea
6) us
7) Man U

But we can get top 4 I just think there have been 5 teams that have looked more convincing than us so far and they also have more depth in their squads. We saw this last season that while our first XI is capable of giving anyone a game, there is a quality drop off if we pick up injuries. Maddison for me is also key to our season. If he stays fit and consistent through the season i think we will be in with a strong shout.
Villa will drop off with the CL games, the same as Saudi Sportswashing Machine did, can't see them being in top 4.

1) City
2) Goons
3) Liverpool
4) Villa
5) Chelsea
6) us
7) Man U

Basing anything on the first few games is pretty pointless. So much changes throughout a season, if you was judging us after a few games last season you would have had us winning the league. Villa for one will look a different prospect once they've played a few games in the CL, their squad isn't that great....

Villa will drop off with the CL games, the same as Saudi Sportswashing Machine did, can't see them being in top 4.

Why would Villa drop off any more than us?
They had Conference league games last year whilst we didn't have Europe at all and beat us to 4th.
I also suspect that if you have a good start in the CL you can treat many of the latter games as ones you can let slide due to the new format...

I think it's a bit of hopeim to expect Villa to drop off more than us due to European commitments..

Why would Villa drop off any more than us?
They had Conference league games last year whilst we didn't have Europe at all and beat us to 4th.
I also suspect that if you have a good start in the CL you can treat many of the latter games as ones you can let slide due to the new format...

I think it's a bit of hopeim to expect Villa to drop off more than us due to European commitments..
In the Europa you can rest more players, in the CL you have to go with your best team.

Back