• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best cover song

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
@milo used to do threads like this

back when he actually give a fudge, not now sat in his ivory chair on his mountain, theninks he has made it and duck everyone else, well i stell care milo so i am doing it

Ben listening to dj samy boys of summer, reminds me of one time i went to ibiza and drank in the night then summer came in the morning

my favourite cover song i think it is a cover, nice summer song

Man Who Sold the World - Nirvana
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
Hurt - Johnny Cash

.... take some beating.

Personal favourite is probably:

Some good ones mentioned already.

Only love can break your heart, by Saint Etienne (original was by Neil Young).

I also really like Satisfaction, by Devo (original by Rolling Stones).

Some fine songs here but surely we really need to be looking at covers that are better than the originals.

Aretha's Respect knocks lumps out of Otis' original and as much as I love Dylan (and we could fill this thread just with covers of his songs) Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower.

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
Hurt - Johnny Cash
I think there's too much personal investment in both those songs from the original writers for anyone else to properly do them justice.

Both do a very good job, but I feel there's a lot of value lost when those who were feeling what they were feeling to write those songs are not involved in performing them.

Hurt by Johnny Cash gets it for me - absolutely incredible

Although an honourable mention to Sound of Silence by Disturbed

Should also be in the running:

Tainted Love - Soft Cell (Difficult because the original is so good. The cover is excellent too though)
Hanging on the Telephone - Blondie
I Fought the Law - The Clash
Dazed & Confused - Led Zep
Time Is On My Side - Rolling Stones

Some fine songs here but surely we really need to be looking at covers that are better than the originals.

Aretha's Respect knocks lumps out of Otis' original and as much as I love Dylan (and we could fill this thread just with covers of his songs) Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower.
And Hey Joe for that matter.

Man Who Sold the World - Nirvana
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
When the Night comes Falling - Jeff Healey

The Clash - I Fought the Law
Metallica - Am I Evil
Joe roosterer - With a Little Help From My Friends
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
Metallica - Breadfan

Few off the top of my head

Back