• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2nd half of the season...

the dza

Christian Ziege
Taking a look at who we have played so far and the position we are in, I'm quite optimistic. (pinched this image from http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&teamid=23 )

spurs-fix.jpg

Away from home, we've played most of the top half already, and by the 11th of February, we'll have played them all. We've played two teams away from home who are currently in the bottom half and won them both. I'm confident we will get plenty of wins away from home against those bottom half teams.

Our home form will hold the key and so far it's been pretty good. Only one poor result (Leicester) and only two poor performances imo (West Ham and Liverpool, still got 4 points from 6 though).

If we make The Lane a fortress in our final season there, we can still challenge for the league title imo. I think the different tactics used this season (3 at the back, 4-1-4-1) might be a big help in us changing things up in the home games to get results.

Let's continue our good home form against Burnley on Sunday with another big win!

Very nice graphic that; informative. I was looking at the fixtures for the top 6 for the next couple of months. Some big clashes coming, gonna be interesting where it all stands come mid Feb.

Very nice graphic that; informative. I was looking at the fixtures for the top 6 for the next couple of months. Some big clashes coming, gonna be interesting where it all stands come mid Feb.
Yeah, January and early Feb are going to tell us an awful lot about our team. And others. If we can beat Chelsea at home plus Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool away, I'll be dreaming of the title. If we get 3 points out those fixtures, I think we'll be looking pretty good for top 4.

Good threat & good stats. We need to buck our ideas up away from home. I had a quick scan at the other teams - they've all got 17+ points away from home while we've managed a paltry 10 points. That needs to change in the 2nd half of the season as well as maintaining strong home form.

Points_Distribution_Table.png

We've lost a lot of points to the mid table sides, but we have them all at home in the second half of the season.

No sucking of genitals yet, but this shows we're in a pretty good position now, all things considered. We've had injuries to our top players and never really looked as good as we did a year ago. We've lost only two games, away to two top teams. Our best offensive performers, Eriksen, Kane and Dele, are only now beginning to play well, but we all know they have far more to offer.

Apart from the CL shambles, I think this season has been pretty good.

No sucking of genitals yet, but this shows we're in a pretty good position now, all things considered. We've had injuries to our top players and never really looked as good as we did a year ago. We've lost only two games, away to two top teams. Our best offensive performers, Eriksen, Kane and Dele, are only now beginning to play well, but we all know they have far more to offer.

Apart from the CL shambles, I think this season has been pretty good.

One benefit with having players inure dis they get a rest.. it may sound daft but it means they have had an actual break

This is a good article (good by the Evening Standard standards) which puts some perspective around where we are now. Perhaps more instructive for non-Spurs fans as most Spurs fans are more than aware of what we are up against but it's encouraging to read mainstream media recognising our achievement rather than belittling our efforts.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...eep-punching-above-their-weight-a3421276.html

Got more points at this stage of the season vs last years campaign

Yes, was surprised to hear that we're 4 points better off. Key now is to gain some momentum whilst we have a break from European football and also we either have our key players back, or nearly back.

Hopefully the European and EL draws also mean that we can give 3/4 first team players a break during the next rounds of each (ie each game)

There's no reason we can't use where we are as the platform for a decent season, however we need to be a bt more consistent in the second hafl that in the first half

Good threat & good stats. We need to buck our ideas up away from home. I had a quick scan at the other teams - they've all got 17+ points away from home while we've managed a paltry 10 points. That needs to change in the 2nd half of the season as well as maintaining strong home form.

Surely that has something to do with what the fixture information in the OT points out? We've only had 2 away games vs. the bottom half so far and 6 against the top half teams.

Surely that has something to do with what the fixture information in the OT points out? We've only had 2 away games vs. the bottom half so far and 6 against the top half teams.
Yes I get that but the point I was trying to make was that the teams above (& Utd below) have all picked up at least 2 away wins against the top 10, we have yet to muster 1 and we only have 3 teams left to play - Emirates Marketing Project, Livepool & Southampton? That's why we're a couple of points back on the rest of the pack.

Yes I get that but the point I was trying to make was that the teams above (& Utd below) have all picked up at least 2 away wins against the top 10, we have yet to muster 1 and we only have 3 teams left to play - Emirates Marketing Project, Livepool & Southampton? That's why we're a couple of points back on the rest of the pack.

But it also means we have played most of the top teams away from home So the have to come to the Lane which is becoming a place to fear

When you see most sides have to go away to the other top sides you can see that their will be points lost as we saw this weekend too

Arsenal always get top 4 from being flat track bullies and beating the teams below them but rarely the teams above. That's what decides titles but not top 4

We're not good enough to win the title. Too mentally suspect, not enough squad depth, and the crunch situations will see us fold, as we folded at the Bridge and against United.

We are, however, good enough to secure a record points total, we're good enough to pick up the points against most teams we play with relative ease, and, perhaps most importantly...we're definitely good enough to finish 4th or win a trophy if we try.

Supposing we focus on the league, there's no reason we can't secure at least 73 points, and possibly finish 4th if we get the rub of the green. If we focus on the EL/FA Cup (or both), there is no reason whatsoever we can't win one of them. Either securing a record points total or winning a trophy - either would signify a solid, successful season for me.

Two games away from the mid-point of the campaign, and we're on 33 points. Assuming a draw and a win against Soton and Watford, respectively (sounds reasonable to me), we'll reach the halfway mark with 37 points, which should *just* surpass the 73 point mark if maintained over the second half of the season - plus, as many here have pointed out, we have a lot of our return games against the top ten at WHL, while it is the other way around for the majority of the others. So, no reason to be unduly concerned just yet - reasonably solid season so far, with relatively minor pitfalls in the league (United, Chelsea) and a considerably disappointing CL campaign marring an otherwise basically consistent league run. 6.5/10. Carry on, lads.

Last edited:
Back